Dr. Avis Carr, MD

Dr. Avis Carr, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Avis Carr, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Lexington, KY. She is 36 years old and has been practicing for 10 years.

170 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 104

Lexington, KY 40509

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Bluegrass Family Health

Learn about Dr. Carr

See how frequently Dr. Carr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
Ovarian Cysts
Chronic Pelvic Pain

Dr. Carr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Carr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• C-Section
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Sympathectomy
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Trichomoniasis Screening
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• The Brody Sch Of Med At E Carolina Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2007

Dr. Carr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Carr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Carr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Carr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carr to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Carr's Performance
in Lexington Ky |
Love Dr. Carr she is amazing and one of the sweetest doctors I've ever met!
in Lexington ky |
She is the best obgyn doctor i have ever had the pleasure to have in my life.. She has delivered 2 of my babies and am blessed to have have this women in our lives.
Atlanta, GA |
Absolutely love Dr. Carr. She recently moved to a different practice and I followed her. She makes you feel confident in your visit and has a warm personality. Unsure about the comments rated one and two. All practices are generally busy but she has never made me feel any of the way some people have commented so I had to leave a review. I've never left reviews before but I ran across this to see the office hours for today and I had to respond back. Dr. Carr is great.
in Nicholasville, KY |
Due to a past experience resulting in a lack of trust with healthcare professionals, Dr. Carr made it incredibly easy to form a bond. You should be able to trust your OBGYN and I completely trust Dr. Carr. She changed my view of doctors in general. She truly cares about her patients and their babies. I had trouble with several of the issues that arose during pregnancy and she was able to calm me down, understand, talk about it and find a solution that worked for me. I love Dr. Carr.
Dr. Carr is an amazing doctor! I will continue to go to her during a second pregnancy. She is very knowledgeable and friendly. She answered all questions thoroughly and eased any worries. I tend to be a worry wort and I was afraid to ask any silly questions! She's a very understanding person. She even helped me through postpartum depression I was having. thank you Dr. Carr!
in Lexington, KY |
It was important to me to find a doctor that valued and respected me as a patient by listening to me...you will not find that with Dr. Carr. She always seems rushed for time; however I have patiently waited over 30 minutes just to be called back to wait for another 15 minutes. Once she is in the room, she presents with all smiles and a caring tone but I end up leaving more frustrated because my questions remain unanswered and I end up looking to friends and online resources for answers.
in Lexington, KY |
I really like Dr. Carr as a person, she seems very kind and a good doctor but she sometimes glosses over diagnoses and doesn't explain them very well. Although individual office is nice and the staff is very friendly, the wait time is horrendous. I should not be waiting 45 minutes to see the doctor after my appointment time without so much as an apology or explanation! Also I ALWAYS have difficulty getting them to put in prescriptions. I am thinking of switching offices!
in Lexington, KY |
Every time I go and speak with her I wait around an hour, then she comes in for TWO minutes to push away everything you say and sends you to someone else. She doesn't think anything you say is worth the while otherwise she woukd consider how you feel about it. She doesn't even consider money or insurance, she will send you to someone who doesn't accept you insurance and makes you pay $300 upfront. I have had enough of being brushed off!
Lexington, ky |
Dr Carr seems to be a very knowledgeable physician and her nurses are very nice and professional. However her office staff is horrible. Twice I have scheduled an appointment, only to get a call the night before that my appointment was on a different day and time. This may be fine for some people, but when you have to take off work for appointments, it becomes a bit of a hassle. When called about the appointments, the office staff was very rude. She is a great practitioner, but not her office sta
in Lexington, Kentucky |
Dr. Carr took very good care me through all my doctor appointments & labor and delivery . shes the only obgyn i will go bacl too.
in Nicholasville, KY |
I came into Dr. Carr;s office on 7-1-16 for a routine pap smear and to have my IUD removed. I felt very apprehensive and nervous about the procedure for some reason, but Dr. Carr's calm and easy going manner put me at ease right away. She took the time to explain everything and talk to me about my other options for birth control. The procedure was quick and easy. Overall, I was extremely impressed with Dr. Carr.
Atlanta, GA |
I went to Dr.Carr with bleeding at the beginning of my pregnancy. She told me i had a blood clot and everything was fine. Sent me home. The next appointment i had with her i found out i was a high risk pregnancy which she did not inform me of and she told me i had no blood clot . We did the ultrasound and the baby was dead. All together in every appointment i only saw her for about 5 min in the hours i would be there. She also told me with a smile that my situation was common.
in Lexington, KY |
I LOVE Dr. Carr. She is patient, informative and kind. And I cannot say enough wonderful things about her nurses. They treat every patient with the utmost respect, and are so warm and welcoming. I came here for my first ever pap and the entire staff made me feel so comfortable. Dr. Carr is so knowledgeable without being condescending. Even after a long day of delivering babies she is always so sweet and patient. I would highly recommend her to anyone!!!
in Lexington, KY |
Love Dr. Carr and the entire team! We are always greeted with a smile and everyone is so caring there. Never have to wait as appointments are always on time. I'm currently in the middle of my second pregnancy with Dr. Carr and just like the first everything is going very smoothly. Any questions or concerns I have are immediately addressed and the entire labor and delivery process was exactly how we wanted it to be. Also, we live in Hamburg so I love how close the office and hospital are!
in Lexington, KY |
She is such a sweet and kind doctor. I would certainly recommend her to other patients.
I have never gone to an appointment where she hasn't smiled! She is very helpful, caring and compassionate. She will take care of your needs in a timely mannor. Such a joy to have a Doctor who truly carries herself well and is full of peace.she is a doctor who is still humble and down to earth.
in Lexington, Ky |
Dr. Carr is by far the most amazing doctor yet. She's so caring and patient . She makes everything clear and makes you feel so open with her. She's EXTRAORDINARY!!!
She is very inexperienced. While very nice, she chose not to see me in my last month of pregnancy,in which complications resulted.
Have you seen Dr. Avis Carr, MD?
Are you Dr. Carr?