Dr. Avis M. Carr, MD

Dr. Avis M. Carr, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

KentuckyOne Health Obstetrics and Gynecology Associates 170 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 104, Lexington, KY 40509 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Carr specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology and practices in Lexington, KY. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Carr? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Carr's Experience

See how Dr. Carr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Carr

Dr. Carr accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Carr has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Carr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carr to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Carr
Dr. Carr's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (46)
in Lexington, KY |
It was important to me to find a doctor that valued and respected me as a patient by listening to me...you will not find that with Dr. Carr. She always seems rushed for time; however I have patiently waited over 30 minutes just to be called back to wait for another 15 minutes. Once she is in the room, she presents with all smiles and a caring tone but I end up leaving more frustrated because my questions remain unanswered and I end up looking to friends and online resources for answers.
in Lexington, KY |
I really like Dr. Carr as a person, she seems very kind and a good doctor but she sometimes glosses over diagnoses and doesn't explain them very well. Although individual office is nice and the staff is very friendly, the wait time is horrendous. I should not be waiting 45 minutes to see the doctor after my appointment time without so much as an apology or explanation! Also I ALWAYS have difficulty getting them to put in prescriptions. I am thinking of switching offices!
in Lexington, KY |
Every time I go and speak with her I wait around an hour, then she comes in for TWO minutes to push away everything you say and sends you to someone else. She doesn't think anything you say is worth the while otherwise she woukd consider how you feel about it. She doesn't even consider money or insurance, she will send you to someone who doesn't accept you insurance and makes you pay $300 upfront. I have had enough of being brushed off!
Lexington, ky |
Dr Carr seems to be a very knowledgeable physician and her nurses are very nice and professional. However her office staff is horrible. Twice I have scheduled an appointment, only to get a call the night before that my appointment was on a different day and time. This may be fine for some people, but when you have to take off work for appointments, it becomes a bit of a hassle. When called about the appointments, the office staff was very rude. She is a great practitioner, but not her office sta
in Lexington, Kentucky |
Dr. Carr took very good care me through all my doctor appointments & labor and delivery . shes the only obgyn i will go bacl too.
in Nicholasville, KY |
I came into Dr. Carr;s office on 7-1-16 for a routine pap smear and to have my IUD removed. I felt very apprehensive and nervous about the procedure for some reason, but Dr. Carr's calm and easy going manner put me at ease right away. She took the time to explain everything and talk to me about my other options for birth control. The procedure was quick and easy. Overall, I was extremely impressed with Dr. Carr.
Atlanta, GA |
I went to Dr.Carr with bleeding at the beginning of my pregnancy. She told me i had a blood clot and everything was fine. Sent me home. The next appointment i had with her i found out i was a high risk pregnancy which she did not inform me of and she told me i had no blood clot . We did the ultrasound and the baby was dead. All together in every appointment i only saw her for about 5 min in the hours i would be there. She also told me with a smile that my situation was common.
in Lexington, KY |
I LOVE Dr. Carr. She is patient, informative and kind. And I cannot say enough wonderful things about her nurses. They treat every patient with the utmost respect, and are so warm and welcoming. I came here for my first ever pap and the entire staff made me feel so comfortable. Dr. Carr is so knowledgeable without being condescending. Even after a long day of delivering babies she is always so sweet and patient. I would highly recommend her to anyone!!!
in Lexington, KY |
Love Dr. Carr and the entire team! We are always greeted with a smile and everyone is so caring there. Never have to wait as appointments are always on time. I'm currently in the middle of my second pregnancy with Dr. Carr and just like the first everything is going very smoothly. Any questions or concerns I have are immediately addressed and the entire labor and delivery process was exactly how we wanted it to be. Also, we live in Hamburg so I love how close the office and hospital are!
in Lexington, KY |
She is such a sweet and kind doctor. I would certainly recommend her to other patients.
I have never gone to an appointment where she hasn't smiled! She is very helpful, caring and compassionate. She will take care of your needs in a timely mannor. Such a joy to have a Doctor who truly carries herself well and is full of peace.she is a doctor who is still humble and down to earth.
in Lexington, Ky |
Dr. Carr is by far the most amazing doctor yet. She's so caring and patient . She makes everything clear and makes you feel so open with her. She's EXTRAORDINARY!!!
She is very inexperienced. While very nice, she chose not to see me in my last month of pregnancy,in which complications resulted.
Have you seen Dr. Avis M. Carr, MD?
Are you Dr. Carr?

Compare Dr. Carr

Obstetrics & Gynecology
Lexington, KY 40509

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.