Dr. Avery S. Kuflik, MD

Dr. Avery S. Kuflik, MD

Dermatology | Male

Kuflik Dermatology 453 Lakehurst Rd, Toms River, NJ 08755 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Kuflik Dermatology helps patients achieve healthy and beautiful skin by delivering the highest level of comprehensive dermatology care that is personalized, caring and professional. Kuflik Dermatology Specializes in the treatment of skin diseases, skin cancer and cosmetic services for over 40 years.Read more

Dr. Kuflik's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Kuflik's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kuflik

Dr. Kuflik accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Kuflik has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Kuflik

Dr. Kuflik's Review Details
4 based on 63 responses
Experience with Dr. Kuflik
Dr. Kuflik's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (58)
in New York, NY |
I have been to him for several years now, and I love him--he explains everything, is very serious about taking care of you, and doesn't try to overdo it. I went to him because I felt I looked tired and he is very careful about making sure I look natural and refreshed after treatment, not plastic. No one ever knows I got any treatment, everyone says I look GREAT, he and the tired look gone, it just looks like I went on vacation, & I got alot of sleep. Wont go to anyone else!
in Toms River, NJ |
My father was in need of dermatology consult due to a severe rash of unknown origin. I was able to get an appointment for him within one day. The diagnosis the doctor gave was accurate & the medication prescribed for treatment began relief almost immediately. I want to thank Dr. Kuflik & his staff for taking great care of my elderly father. My experience at Kuflik Dermatology was excellent.
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr. Avery Kuflik treated my 94 year old disabled Mom like she was someone passing by on an assembly line. His communication skills are non-existent. No one in the office adviced my Mom of any after care procedures after Mohrs surgery. She is on Coumadin and was not told of the horrible bruising that would occur. I suggest that everyone in this office go back to square one and take some classes in communication with their patients. This office is not recommended for fragile elderly patients.
in New York, NY |
My experience with Kuflik Dermotology, specifically Dr. Avery Kuflik, was fantastic. I was dealing with a painful/itchy skin rash and they were able to accommodate me within the week. Dr. Kuflik spent time analyzing my situation and helping me better understand how to alleviate the pain. They did a biopsy and while waiting for results - the communication between Dr. Kuflik and his staff was tremendous, they would constantly reach out to check in and provide me with a timeline. SUPERB PRACTICE!
in Toms River, NJ |
I been to his office for two years now and I see Vinny. Vinny is good I would recommend him, very rarely do I have a bad experience with him
in Toms river, NJ |
Staff is very courteous and accommodating. When I called they had a spot open in 2 weeks time. Everyone seemed to know what they were doing and it was very professional. Not a long wait time say 10-20 minutes after scheduled appointment but this is common as people have questions to ask. Dr. Kuflik takes the time to explain thoroughly the diagnosis and is intelligent, thoughtful, and sincere. I felt very comfortable and when I told him my concerns he listened. I would definitely recommend him!
in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ |
I needed an appointment right away & the office was able to accommodate me that day. The staff were friendly & professional & I felt very comfortable with them. Dr. Kuflik was able to diagnosis me, & start my treatment. I was better within a week & a happy patient. Thanks!!
in Bayville, NJ |
I was recommended to Dr. Avery Kuflik from a co-worker. I had a rash that I had no relief after being seen by my primary care doctor. Dr. A. Kuflik diagnosed my rash immediately. He prescribed a topical cream that made me feel better that evening. His office staff from the front desk to the exam room was extremely pleasant. I would not hesitate to pass on his great care to my family and friends.
in Forked River, NJ |
I had a really good experience at this office. I took my daughter for a suspicious looking mole I spotted on her shoulder. The girl at the front desk was very nice as was the nurse who took us in. My daughter was so nervous & I was doing my best to calm her. Dr Avery walked in, introduced himself & spoke very nicely to us. He must have seen how scared she was. He explained that he needed to take a biopsy & not to worry they would numb it so she wouldn't feel it. He was right. I highly recommend
in New Jersey |
I go to Marc. He is wonderful.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Avery Kuflik MD, is a dermatologist and surgeon exquisitely gifted. The results of his amazing work, which he does with uncanny ability and speed, are invisible! Meaning, what I thought would have to be a visible scar never became one. I never felt any pain during or after. His skills and refined manner are exceptional. I?m grateful to Dr. Kuflik for being available so soon, and for running his impeccably kind and welcoming practice at the Kuflik Dermatology Center. Oscar Z.
in Forked River, NJ |
#1 THeir PA misdiagnosed my skin condition despite me telling her I had Psoraisis for years. # 2 what I had was a hard to treat form of psoraisis on my hands/ feet #3 Gave Dr. Kuflik a chance to give me answers. I told HIM what I learned on the internet #4.Despite explaining I was there for my hands & feet, he only gave me meds for my scalp #5 He asked me what sort of treatment I would like to have, without ever explaining what my options were. #6 He was anxious to leave the whole time.
in New Jersey |
Dt.Kuflik and Kuflik Dermatology need to stop running their office as a Doctor Mill...waiting for a scheduled appointment for over 30 minutes is unacceptable. As patients, we also have a life and when we schedule for time, we need to be respected, as well. Also, Dr.Avery needs to take some time, face to face, and explain and listen to questions, without the patient feeling like we are holding him up! When we schedule to be with a certain doctor or doctor asst., that's who we should see.
Have you seen Dr. Avery S. Kuflik, MD?
Are you Dr. Avery S. Kuflik, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Kuflik

• Dermatology
  • Pediatric Dermatology

Why It Matters: Dr. Kuflik's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Fungal Infections
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Resurfacing
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science / Chicago Medical School

Graduated in 1993

Sloan-Kettering

Completed in 1994

Emory

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Kuflik has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kuflik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kuflik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Kuflik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Kuflik

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Kuflik's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Kuflik

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Kuflik's Care Philosophy