Dr. Avery Kuflik, MD

Dr. Avery Kuflik, MD

Dermatology | Male

Kuflik Dermatology 453 Lakehurst Rd, Toms River, NJ 08755 Get Directions

Kuflik Dermatology helps patients achieve healthy and beautiful skin by delivering the highest level of comprehensive dermatology care that is personalized, caring and professional. Kuflik Dermatology Specializes in the treatment of skin diseases, skin cancer and cosmetic services for over 40 years.Read more

Dr. Kuflik's Experience

See how Dr. Kuflik's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kuflik

Dr. Kuflik accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Kuflik has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kuflik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kuflik to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Kuflik's Performance
in Beach Haven Park, NJ |
Just a comment and congratulations on the service given at the Manahawkin office. I mentioned the same to Dr. Avery during my most recent visit. First, I am a long time patient at Toms River and always had an efficient, and professional treatment. Since last year, when the Manahawkin office opened, I use it all the time for evaluation and minor treatment. The office is great, Dr. Mark as always, pleasant and Jim is always good natured and welcoming.
Manahawkin, NJ |
Dr Avery Kuflik was a real Pro Did his job with a feel of real experience to me.. He was talking to me,,explaining as he worked on me. My feeling was that he was very confident and skilled. when completed,I asked the Doc how long it took for him to work at this level. He answered me in a way that told me all about the years of training. His Assistant was equally as nice and Professional. For me,I'm glad I chose this Doc..Thanks Doc Robert McHugh
in Brick, New Jersey 08723 |
My 97 year old mom had never had any surgery and was apprehensive until she met Mark who did the biopsy amid animated conversation about their shared interests. Soon her fears were quelled until she learned about returning for the Mohs procedure. The caring hands and hearts of Tina and Liz took over and once again she left with few worries and minimal pain. Maryann removed the stitches with warmness and an attentive manner. My mom received optimum care and attention from all the people she met.
in Cranford, NJ |
Dr. Kuflik and staff like Sam, Melanie, Liz and receptionists have the skills to make patients comfortable and happy. The medical treatment and service is not just great, it's exceptional. I'm Dr. Kuflik's Lucky patient. Recommended strongly!
in Brick, NJ |
He walked into the exam room and immediately knew what was wrong with my husbands skin. He prescribed the perfect medication. My husbands are so we're almost back to normal after three days use of the medication. A week later for follow-up he said continue what you are doing.
in Lakewood,NJ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kuflik to my friends or anyone needing skin care problems addressed. The procedure I experienced in the outpatient office was professional and reassuring. I liked that between two long procedures the same morning, while waiting for biopsy results, I stayed in a waiting area with other patients to converse with. Just because it seems to feel like an eternity waiting for results and because I am a pretty anxious person. I am grateful the procedure is over,but confident
Lakewood, NJ |
I had my first & LAST visit at the Lakewood location. The front desk staff is VERY rude and sort. They're too busy talking about their personal lives. Not worried about the patient. The attitudes on the staff is very uninviting. It's a shame I will never return since this practice seems so large and established.
sorry that you felt that way, please give the office another try - we would be glad to help you with any skin problem you have.
in New York, NY |
I have been to him for several years now, and I love him--he explains everything, is very serious about taking care of you, and doesn't try to overdo it. I went to him because I felt I looked tired and he is very careful about making sure I look natural and refreshed after treatment, not plastic. No one ever knows I got any treatment, everyone says I look GREAT, he and the tired look gone, it just looks like I went on vacation, & I got alot of sleep. Wont go to anyone else!
in Toms River, NJ |
My father was in need of dermatology consult due to a severe rash of unknown origin. I was able to get an appointment for him within one day. The diagnosis the doctor gave was accurate & the medication prescribed for treatment began relief almost immediately. I want to thank Dr. Kuflik & his staff for taking great care of my elderly father. My experience at Kuflik Dermatology was excellent.
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr. Avery Kuflik treated my 94 year old disabled Mom like she was someone passing by on an assembly line. His communication skills are non-existent. No one in the office adviced my Mom of any after care procedures after Mohrs surgery. She is on Coumadin and was not told of the horrible bruising that would occur. I suggest that everyone in this office go back to square one and take some classes in communication with their patients. This office is not recommended for fragile elderly patients.
in New York, NY |
My experience with Kuflik Dermotology, specifically Dr. Avery Kuflik, was fantastic. I was dealing with a painful/itchy skin rash and they were able to accommodate me within the week. Dr. Kuflik spent time analyzing my situation and helping me better understand how to alleviate the pain. They did a biopsy and while waiting for results - the communication between Dr. Kuflik and his staff was tremendous, they would constantly reach out to check in and provide me with a timeline. SUPERB PRACTICE!
in Toms River, NJ |
I been to his office for two years now and I see Vinny. Vinny is good I would recommend him, very rarely do I have a bad experience with him
in Toms river, NJ |
Staff is very courteous and accommodating. When I called they had a spot open in 2 weeks time. Everyone seemed to know what they were doing and it was very professional. Not a long wait time say 10-20 minutes after scheduled appointment but this is common as people have questions to ask. Dr. Kuflik takes the time to explain thoroughly the diagnosis and is intelligent, thoughtful, and sincere. I felt very comfortable and when I told him my concerns he listened. I would definitely recommend him!
in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ |
I needed an appointment right away & the office was able to accommodate me that day. The staff were friendly & professional & I felt very comfortable with them. Dr. Kuflik was able to diagnosis me, & start my treatment. I was better within a week & a happy patient. Thanks!!
in Bayville, NJ |
I was recommended to Dr. Avery Kuflik from a co-worker. I had a rash that I had no relief after being seen by my primary care doctor. Dr. A. Kuflik diagnosed my rash immediately. He prescribed a topical cream that made me feel better that evening. His office staff from the front desk to the exam room was extremely pleasant. I would not hesitate to pass on his great care to my family and friends.
in Forked River, NJ |
I had a really good experience at this office. I took my daughter for a suspicious looking mole I spotted on her shoulder. The girl at the front desk was very nice as was the nurse who took us in. My daughter was so nervous & I was doing my best to calm her. Dr Avery walked in, introduced himself & spoke very nicely to us. He must have seen how scared she was. He explained that he needed to take a biopsy & not to worry they would numb it so she wouldn't feel it. He was right. I highly recommend
in New Jersey |
I go to Marc. He is wonderful.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Avery Kuflik MD, is a dermatologist and surgeon exquisitely gifted. The results of his amazing work, which he does with uncanny ability and speed, are invisible! Meaning, what I thought would have to be a visible scar never became one. I never felt any pain during or after. His skills and refined manner are exceptional. I?m grateful to Dr. Kuflik for being available so soon, and for running his impeccably kind and welcoming practice at the Kuflik Dermatology Center. Oscar Z.
in Forked River, NJ |
#1 THeir PA misdiagnosed my skin condition despite me telling her I had Psoraisis for years. # 2 what I had was a hard to treat form of psoraisis on my hands/ feet #3 Gave Dr. Kuflik a chance to give me answers. I told HIM what I learned on the internet #4.Despite explaining I was there for my hands & feet, he only gave me meds for my scalp #5 He asked me what sort of treatment I would like to have, without ever explaining what my options were. #6 He was anxious to leave the whole time.
in New Jersey |
Dt.Kuflik and Kuflik Dermatology need to stop running their office as a Doctor Mill...waiting for a scheduled appointment for over 30 minutes is unacceptable. As patients, we also have a life and when we schedule for time, we need to be respected, as well. Also, Dr.Avery needs to take some time, face to face, and explain and listen to questions, without the patient feeling like we are holding him up! When we schedule to be with a certain doctor or doctor asst., that's who we should see.
very sorry that you had a wait time, as we try very much to keep on schedule. Occasionally there are emergencies or many questions that people have which slow the process down.
Have you seen Dr. Avery Kuflik, MD?

Compare Dr. Kuflik

Dr. Kuflik's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kuflik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Kuflik has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kuflik's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Fungal Infections
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Medical College Of Virginia

Completed in 1997

Emory

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Kuflik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kuflik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology