Dr. Avani Lakhani, MD

Dr. Avani Lakhani, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Avani Lakhani, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Wailuku, HI. She is 45 years old and has been practicing for 20 years.

1931 E Vineyard St Ste 100

Wailuku, HI 96793

Learn about Dr. Lakhani

Dr. Lakhani's Experience

Dr. Lakhani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Vaginal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• Medical College Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao University Of Baroda
    Medical School | Graduated 1997

Dr. Lakhani has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lakhani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lakhani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lakhani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lakhani to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Lakhani's Performance
Kahului, HI |
NEVER returning to this office again!!!!! Long story short, I was billed $101 because they lost my urine sample. Over a few weeks I kept in contact with one of the staff members, Jessica, who was very helpful. However, my bill was about to be due; so I went to the office to talk to a staff member (I didn't catch her name, she looked young and Latina?) but she was VERY rude, failed to help at all, and was nothing but sassy. & from what I've heard, Im not the first to be falsely billed here.
Made an appointment as a new patient I was not told that she is not a birthing OB, instead told at my app (wasting time & money). At the app. she was rude, judgmental and emotionless. She conducted a SMEAR test and without letting me know what was happening, suddenly was performing a vaginal ultra-sound! Completely unprofessional! She coded my ultrasound incorrectly, it should have been 100% taken care of by insurance, but instead I got charged. Bills aren't itemized - who knows what I paid for!
Lahaina HI |
I had a great experience with Dr Lakhani and her office. She made a scary surgery so much easier and I knew I was in excellent hands the entire time. I recommend her highly.
in Wailuku, HI |
I read reviews about Dr Lakhani after I had been referred to her for post menopausal bleeding. They were not overwhelmingly positive but I went anyway and I'm glad I did. I found her to be willing to answer all my questions. They assisted in getting me referred to a specialist very quickly when uterine cancer was confirmed. I can't say enough about the attractive physical environment and the helpfulness of the staff. Dr Lakhani will be my regular gynecologist from now on.
Pukalani, HI |
I would NOT recommend Dr.Lakhani (not even to my worst enemy). She came into the room with a negative, rude & judgmental attitude. She had no interest in my medical history, nor the reason why I was there. This was the worst unprofessional experience, I have ever encountered. She made bad assumptions and did not make me the least bit comfortable. There is nothing compassionate about her. I don't normally leave reviews, but felt that patients should be made aware. Truly a waste of time.
in Maui, HI |
I would NOT recommend Dr. A. Lakhani to ANYONE (not even my worst enemy). She has the most disturbing bedside manner that I have encountered in a "supposed" professional. She came in the room with a negative, rude & judgmental attitude, & even made an assumption, that I was looking for a "miracle pill" before ever reviewing my health history or knowing my reason for being there. She is NOT compassionate or empathetic as her website states. If the visit was FREE, I still wouldn't recommend her.
in Wailuku, HI |
I was under the impression that I had a pre-op appointment for NovaSure. Dr. Lakhani came into the exam room and stood there with her arms folded, scolding me for asking to talk to her during a scheduling phone call. She then stated that this was not a pre-op appointment, so I asked why I was sitting half-naked. She replied, "I don't know." By the time I left the office, I was in tears. Ironically, I've returned twice to fix billing errors by the staff she stated as, "Best on Maui."
in Kahului, HI |
She is not a good listener, and was not up-to-date on treatments for PMDD. During my initial visit for a well-woman exam, she did not even bother to look at blood work I had done beforehand or talk to me about various treatments and the only treatment recommended was a birth control pill. She was more than willing though to talk about cool-sculpting, a cosmetic procedure. I found that odd for an office of gynecology.
Have you seen Dr. Avani Lakhani, MD?
Are you Dr. Lakhani?