Dr. Austin George, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 39

General Surgery

Dr. Austin George, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Wichita, KS and has over 12 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Kansas School of Medicine in 2010. He is affiliated with medical facilities Ascension Via Christi St. Francis and Kansas Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Austin George, MD

1515 S Clifton Ave Ste 250 Wichita, KS 67218

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. George with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at Wesley Healthcare.

Make an appointment at Wesley Healthcare today at (316) 350-8902.

These providers are on the medical staff of Wesley Healthcare.

Dr. George's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. George

I was dealing with acid reflux symptoms for about 2 years. I went to my primary doctor, he prescribed medication (Nexium), also I did Barium test to see if I had hiatal hernia or not. Barium test result came out and I was diagnosed with small hiatal hernia. My symptoms were really bad even though my hernia was small. Medication didn't work that much, and I literally was suffering with symptoms especially after each meal. I decided to go to a surgeon. I googled and I saw Dr. George got really good rating in Wichita. I scheduled an appointment with him. He did endoscopy as well to make sure that I had hiatal hernia and he suggested me to do surgery. I did agree to do surgery since my life was in hell every day. I am so happy with my surgery. BIG thanks to Dr. George. Now I can enjoy my everyday coffee. I would say after surgery diet was kind of tough but it was worth it. Dr. George is my hero, from my first appointment till surgery took just less than 2 month!
Pouya – Aug 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
We met Dr George in April 2022; for a scheduled consulting. He told us what to expect in surgery and everything was in terms that we understood. He showed pictures and answered our questions. He was very personable. After surgery, he explained what he did and answer any questions we had. We were sent home with written info of what to expect and how to handle other concerns, dealing with the progress. It was very comforting to get this information. He is a very likable doctor that is very dedicated to his profession and the caring of his patients. We were very pleased with the outcome and his knowledge and expertise not only of him but his entire staff. Thank you, Dr. Austin George, you made a big difference in your patient’s life.
C Wallace – Jun 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
I had an extreme chronic cough and bad reflux, I was sent to a pulmonary doctor, an Ear nose and throat doctor, whom sent me to Dr George. I started this process in January of '21 and had my surgery January 12, '22. It took a year! I saw 4 Dr.'s. Doctor George was the only one to tell me the cough was due to a blood pressure medication I was taking, and had me switch. He fixed my hiatal hernia and I have had no problems since. I would absolutely recommend Dr George.
Mar 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
Dr George repaired a hernia for me and did a fantastic job. Less than a week after the procedure and I have less discomfort now than I did before the procedure. Dr George is thorough, patient, responsive, and kind. Very glad I chose him as my surgeon.
Feb 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
My primary physician recommended Dr. George for an initial consultation regarding my hernia. During this consultation, Dr. George asked permission to repair a hernia on the other side if detected during surgery. This, in fact, did happen and Dr. George successfully repaired the second hernia saving me a future surgery. While we felt a little rushed during this office visit, Dr. George provided the necessary time to address my questions and concerns in the hospital prior to surgery and during the follow up visit two weeks later. My recovery continues to progress smoothly. I would recommend Dr. George to anybody who needs hernia repair surgery.
  • Appointment was rushed
DL – Feb 11, 2022
Hiatal Hernia Repair
Dr. George explained the procedure he would perform in simple language, using a drawing for illustration, and patiently answered all my questions. He didn't pressure me into making a decision for surgery right then, and said I could think about it and let him know. The decision was clear, so surgery was scheduled. The procedure was done laparoscopically and robotically. I saw Dr. George yesterday, 1-27-22, for my two-week post-surgery evaluation, and I was able to tell him that I'm doing so well that I can almost -- almost -- forget I even had surgery. Dr. George is extremely knowledgeable, competent, caring, has a pleasant personality and, as I discovered at my two-week appointment, has a quick sense of humor. All these qualities go a long way with me, so I can highly recommend Dr. George to anyone seeking an outstanding surgeon.
Pam Nelson – Jan 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
I recently had Dr. George repair an umbilical hernia that had bothered me for some time. He had been highly recommended by friends of mine and I wasn't disappointed. The office visits before and after the procedure were pleasant and helpful and the operation itself went very smoothly (at least the parts I was awake for). I will definitely recommend Dr. George to others!
Jan 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
From the get-go I knew I was in good hands. I was comfortable throughout the process of pre-surgery consultation, the surgery itself and the post surgery follow up. Two thumbs up and I'd highly recommend Dr G for anyone ever in need of a Top Gun Surgeon!
Dec 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. George for your surgery. Very kind and a patient Dr. Very courteous and kind for the follow-up visits. Very knowledgeable. Thanks again to Dr. George.
Nov 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
Dr George performed a hemorrhoidectomy. He and his staff made an uncomfortable situation manageable by showing kindness and professionalism. I’d recommend him to others.
Nov 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
Professional and informative. Extremely knowledgeable and kind.
Paula Danitschek – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
Dr. George performed by bilateral hernia repair 2 months ago, the 1st major procedure for me. Everything has gone very well with minimal discomfort. Dr. George is caring, calm, very patient and took the time to explain the procedure and address my questions, and even personally returned my phone call at 9 pm one evening. I would definitely choose Dr. George again.
Oct 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
I recently had surgery performed by Dr. George, and I am completely satisfied with the experience. He is a skilled surgeon, which is obviously very important. But he is also a kind person who is very easy to communicate with, and he seems to genuinely care for his patients’ physical and mental well being. If I ever have to have surgery again, I want Dr. George as my surgeon!
Bennett Griffin – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
he did a great job taking care of me when i was in hospital would I would recommend him for any medical producer. i think he went out his way when he was on vacation when he visited at the hospital.
gene – Sep 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
I had a mass removed from my neck by Dr George, and had no pain and no complications. Excellent surgeon and great sense of humor. I would highly recommend him.
Terry J – May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
Dr George is a meticulous, skilled, gifted surgeon. After my surgery, in spite of the usual ups and downs in recovery, I feel better than I've felt for years. I have a new lease on life thanks to him. I've got places to go and people to see..Thank you Dr. George for excellent care from beginning care and careful diagnosis, to the surgery itself and the follow up care.
Virginia – May 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
Beware. Caution. Had a hernia repaired done. DrAustin George cut into my bladder. A urologist had to repair. Three and half hours under anesthesia. Four days of hospitalization. After released from hospital had to come back to emergency room with a urinary track infection. Dr Austin George caused nerve damage in my right groin. Which I’m still being treated for. Now Dr Austin George is billing me for follow up visits.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jeff Temming – Apr 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
Gallbladder surgery in & out same day. Great service and followup. Provided all paperwork required by FAA for pilot medical purposes.
Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
Excellent office staff, nurses and doctor. Took time to fully explain issues and available to answer questions.
Michael Shacreaw – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?
A few years ago Dr. George performed an umbilical hernia surgery on me and it healed up nicely and I had no compilations. In December of 2020 he also performed a more complicated hiatal hernia surgery on me and now a few weeks later I am feeling great with no complications at all. I can eat any thing I want and I never have any acid reflux. He is very good at what he does and I would highly recommend him.
Royce Dockins – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Austin George, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. George?