Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Audrey Miklius, MD
Audrey Miklius, MD, received her undergraduate degree in 1983 from Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA. She received her medical degree from University of Hawaii in 1988 with numerous awards and honors, including the Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in medical school from the American Medical Women's Association and the Upjohn Achievement Award for graduating first in her class. In addition, she had been inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society in 1987. Between 1988 and 1993 Dr. Miklius completed a residency in internal medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and a research fellowship in Medicine at Harvard University, followed by endocrinology research and clinical fellowships at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Miklius is board certified in Internal Medicine and in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism by the American Board of Internal Medicine and its subspecialty examiners. She has been a Fellow of the American College of Endocrinologists (FACE) since 1999. She is also a member and past president of the Texas Chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), and is a member of the Endocrine Society, the Texas Medical Association (TMA) and the Dallas County Medical Society. Since Dr. Miklius began clinical practice she has been repeatedly recognized by D Magazine and Texas Monthly in their respective annual features "Best Doctors" and "Super Doctors.

10260 N Central Expy Ste 100

Dallas, TX 75231

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Miklius

We focus on specialized diagnostics and academic level cutting edge treatment, including supportive patient education, to assist individuals in their quest for improved health and better quality of life in a clinic setting.

Dr. Miklius' Experience

Dr. Miklius' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease

• Diabetes Counseling

• Univ Of Hi J a Burns Sch Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Mass Gen Hospital

Dr. Miklius has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Miklius does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miklius and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Miklius' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miklius to family and friends
Dr. Miklius' Performance
in Lakeland, FL |
Excellent doctor! Have been seeing her for several years now for a pituitary tumor and a few other things as needed! I now live in Florida and travel back to Texas to see her! I wouldn't use anyone else! Most of this time I have had no insurance, I am a cash paying patient but she explains the tests needed and I feel very comfortable with the decisions we make together. She is efficient but takes the time to ask questions and explain things and I'm usually in and out pretty quickly!!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius is caring, compassionate, and most importantly - thorough. I am so glad that I transferred my thyroid cancer care to her. I saw another physician for 8 yrs and he was adequate, but I wanted a doctor who acknowledges that this hormone therapy does need to be balanced with life changes and medication side effects. Additionally, she has left no stone unturned in my cancer care. She is truly dedicated and seeing her is worth the office and scheduling wait times.
in Frisco, TX |
I have been seeing Dr Miklius for many years, and I would want her care for my family and friends. She is extremely knowledgeable in her specialty and she is concerned about my overall health. She is also lovely and funny, a pleasure to see.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius and her PA Pam Jones are amazing. Everyone who works at the office is so thoughtful and organized. The system works seamlessly. I never have a long wait, but every visit is exceptionally thorough and they really consider everything going on to make sure I have the best healthcare possible. And I LOVE the ease of the patient portal.
Edmond, OK |
Never will be back there! Never could get return phone calls dealing with prescriptions insurance would not pay for or for questions in general when first finding out. We only got a crash course and not a lot of info and no support after the crash course. Will never recommend the office either.
in 4215 Stanford Ave, Dallas, TX 75225 |
Dr. Miklius is an outstanding physician. She focuses on my physical problems and discusses options to help me. She is a motivator keeping me on track for better health and I feel is genuinely concerned with my well being. She is honest and straightforward never sweetening the subject matter -- she calls it the way she sees it !!! I feel she is a dynamic, straight shooter and honestly cares about my health longevity and my successes. Tommy J. Lout (214) 520-1020
Dallas, TX |
Excellent dr. with incredible knowledge of up and coming meds/treatments.
in Dallas, TX |
Due to a thyroid issue, my primary physician recommended that I see Dr Mikilus. She was conservative in her approach, through testing and monitoring. Finally, after exhausting all options, she had to aspirate my gland and found a nodule that eventually had to be removed. I continue to see Dr Miklius for check up's and medication, her knowledge, expertise, listening skills and due diligence are second to none. I appreciate her kindness and compassion and I recommend her highly.
in Richardson, TX |
Dr. Miklius is great! So incredibly knowledgeable and kind. I did not feel rushed at all, which I appreciated since I had a million questions.
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr Miklius takes a holistic approach to health and well being. She's been my endocrinologist for more than a decade, managing my diabetes and hypo-thyroiditis. I travel from McKinney down to Dallas to see her, and will continue to do so - she's wonderful !!
Carrollton, TX |
Wonderful -
Plano, TX |
Dr. Miklius has always treated me with respect - listening to my issues and concerns without judging me. She has always taken the time to discuss solutions instead of simply lecturing.
Carrollton, TX |
Always kind, patient and understanding
in Mesquite, TX |
Dr. Miklius is a wonderful physician that points out the care I need to live a healthier life. She is very intuitive of my needs and really encourages me. I really appreciate her service.
in The Colony, TX |
I have entrusted my health to Dr. Miklius for about 20 years. She has always done something that is quite unusual. She listens. She puts questions in context and takes the time to read your history and applies it to the appointment at hand. I travel aoutb45 minutes to see her through awful traffic. I would not consider anyone else.
Mckinney, TX |
Listens!!! Creates a game plan. Is compassionate and realistic.
in Copeville, TX |
Extremely likely. She took the time to listen and offer solutions. She is professional and also personable. I felt completely at ease with Dr. Miklius.
in Plano, TX |
DR. Miklius is by FAR the BEST OF THE BEST in her field. Within my diagnosis she was able to bring down my A1C from 13 to 6.7 in only four months, my blood sugars became normal and stable. Dr Miklius is attentive and very caring and so is everyone on her staff. Just an AMAZING practice. She taught me how to live a normal life with type 2 diabetes and she cares about my health and well being. SHE SAVED MY LIFE I had morbid high sugar levels and she managed and regulated it. I'm very grateful
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr. Miklius has provided great guidance for me over the years helping me to battle my diabetic condition. I have always found her to be direct in her discussions with me.
in Plano, TX |
BEST DOCTOR IN DALLAS. I first got diagnosed with diabetes in 2016 after losing concscience at work and a 10 day hospital stay due to A1C result of 13 and blood sugars up to 700/800. I research doctors and Dr. Miklius was the best option. I was am super satisfied with the care Dr. Miklius has given me. Within four months my A1C was at 6.7 and sugar was normal. Dr. Miklius is not only caring, but an advanced expert in her field. I HIGHLY recommend her. The whole office staff is AMAZING also.
in Mesquite, TX |
I have to see many doctors because I have been sick for 40 yrs and I currently have a permanent IV, daily treatments, etc. Dr. Miklius is attentive, meticulous and engaging. She took her time, listened to me, offered options, didn't overreact to my condition and was pleasant to speak with. I have seen docs all over this country and in my opinion (as a "professional" patient), she's a very good doctor and I would definitely recommend her to others.
in Rockwall, TX |
She was incredible and very thorough. She took the time to explain everything to me and addressed all of my concerns.
in Sachse, TX |
Love Dr. Miklius. She is through, takes time to explain everything. The office staff is efficient and pleasant.
Richardson, TX |
Dr. Miklius takes the time to address all your concerns and she is responsive with messages.
Allen, TX |
Dr Milius is very patient and always working to improve your health.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Miklius is one of the best endocrinologists in Dallas. She is thorough and clearly cares. So glad I found her.
in Dallas, Texas |
Dr Miklius is the best doctor I have ever had. She is current, knowledgeable, professional and down to earth. Her bedside manor is excellent. I will always remember her informing me that fast food is an establishment ploy to keep the masses ignorant through obesity. The older I get the more I believe her.
in Garland, TX |
I have been seeing her for many years because she is a very good doctor who cares and more important is very up to date on new procedures and drugs to help control my blood sugar. I would recommend her and have recommended her.
College Station, TX |
Dr. Miklius is fantastic. I Also like her nurses. However, the office staff leaves a LOT to be desired. You can never trust that a message is being delivered to Dr or nurse. I've faxed in blood sugars before with questions that she never got. Once I even called in as I'd not gotten a response just to be told that yes she got the fax. Calling and getting nurse a few days later confirmed Dr. Miklius never got the fax. This was 3rd time this happened....result, I don't call or fax anymore.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius is the best endocrinologist! She is experienced, thoughtful, and a wonderful listener. Wait times can get very long to see her, but she is worth the wait!
in Dallas, TX |
I love the staff in this office! No complaints!!
Dallas, TX |
Very caring, good listener, extremely knowledgeable.
in Dallas, TX |
I am so glad I finally found Dr. Miklius! She is an intelligent, caring, professional, and truly passionate doctor. I am always amazed at how much time she spends with me, whether she's providing moral support or recommending a book she thinks I'd enjoy. She is not judgemental which is nice when I feel like I am failing at being a "good" diabetic patient. I feel like I can tell her anything. I have recommended her to my PCP and my gynecologist so that they can refer their patients to her!
in Dallas, TX |
There is absolutely nothing negative I could say about Dr. Miklius. She has always had plenty of time to answer all my questions and completely explain any medical procedures to me. She never seems rushed and she is always thorough. I trust any decision she makes regarding my medical treatment. She is very caring and kind. I'm so grateful I found her. You couldn't ask for a better doctor.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius is a fantastic doctor that truly listens to you and your concerns.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius is extremely knowledgeable and thorough in her examinations and discussions. She provides options for treatment and explains the side effects. I have found that she is very responsive to questions and my thoughts on treatment for my medical condition. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Miklius to friends and family.
Littleton, CO |
Love Dr Miklius. She is very attentive to you and your concerns not to mention her great medical knowledge and expertise. She literally saved my life.
Littleton, CO |
Very thorough and specific. Caring and interested in my case.
Dallas, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Miklius. She is very knowledgeable and will sit with you until all of your questions are answer. Feeling comfortable with a doctor is one of my highest priorities and I would say she meets that. The worst part is the wait time, but I value her as my doctor too much to leave.
in Arlington, TX |
I strongly appreciate her willingness to provide information in a manner I understand. She listens well and responds appropriately. She is approachable to answer questions. I have no qualms in highly recommending her. Her staff has excellent manners, are efficient, and are responsive to questions asked.
Irving, TX |
I trust Dr. Miklius implicitly. She takes her time and answers all of my questions and concerns. It is incredibly difficult to schedule and reschedule. In February, her office cancelled my appointment for May. It took nearly a month for me to get it scheduled and I had to move it out another two months to July because they had no openings until then.
Norfolk, MA |
Dr Miklius is an excellent doctor - but it has become increasingly difficult to get an appointment with her. THere's a six month wait for continuing patients now.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius is the best doctor in Dallas, Texas. She helps bring clarity to the daily challenges of being a type one diabetes. Great knowledge and understanding!
in Forney, TX |
I've been going to Dr. Miklius for many years now. She has always been thorough, professional and extremely pleasant. I would, and have recommended her to friends and family.
Sanger, Texas |
Dr Miklius has been my Endocrinologist for many years now,...She knows me and takes her time to make sure she has all the information. I wish every Doctor was like her.
Garland, TX |
She always takes the time to listen and offers suggestions. I don't ever feel rushed.
Richardson, TX |
Dr Miklius is always attentive to your issues and looks at the whole picture. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for an endocrine doctor.
in Dallas, TX |
I have been with Dr. Miklius for over a year and I feel comfortable working with her. She knows her speciality and makes me feel that my symptoms will improve over time.
Dallas, Tx |
Dr. Miklius listens well to my concerns. I appreciate that she completes her own ultrasounds and reviews the results with you at that time.
in Dallas, TX |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Miklius. Best doctor I have ever had. Excellent care.
Have you seen Dr. Audrey Miklius, MD?

Visit Dr. Miklius