Dr. Audrey B. Miklius, MD

Dr. Audrey B. Miklius, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female | 56 years old

161 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

We focus on specialized diagnostics and academic level cutting edge treatment, including supportive patient education, to assist individuals in their quest for improved health and better quality of life in a clinic setting.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Miklius' Experience

See how Dr. Miklius' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Miklius

Dr. Miklius accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Miklius has admitting privileges.

Dr. Miklius' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miklius to family and friends
Dr. Miklius' Performance
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius has provided me with exceptional care for my Thyroid issues including and excluding pregnancy. She is a great listener and truly takes genuine interest in her patients.
in Ennis, TX |
Dr. Miklius is very kind. Listens and takes her time with you. I never feel rushed. Good care!
Dallas, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Miklius to anyone that is looking for an endocrinologist. She's warm and engaging, and and always makes me feel safe and comfortable. She has a very caring demeanor, and I feel as though she is genuinely interested in my well-being.
in dallas, tx |
Dr. Miklius is an outstanding endocrinologist. Her most critical attribute is her willingness to listen to the patient and take her time to figure out a treatment approach tailored to my needs. It is not easy to schedule appointments with her since her calendar is always full. However, for chronic conditions, her quality makes it worth the while to wait for her initial appointment and to schedule follow ups at each appointment. She is great at responding to emails regarding maint. questions.
Private, *** |
I appreciate the amount of time Dr. Miklius spends with me and the ease of requesting prescriptions through the portal, as well as receiving lab test results through the portal. Would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Miklius.
in Richardson, TX |
While the waiting area is usually busy, the check in process is seamless and the wait time is short. Dr Miklius takes the time to know her patients. I never feel rushed and always go away with all my questions answered. The nursing staff are professional as well and return phone calls promptly. Highly recommend this team!
Wills Point, TX |
I have had nothing but great care from everyone in this office.
in Forney, TX |
I've been seeing Dr. Miklius so long that I can't remember how long it's been. I have always liked her approach to helping me manage my type 1 diabetes. She has a wonderful disposition and I certainly feel like I am getting the best and most up-to-date care and information.
in Carrollton, TX |
She is not just a good doctor but also a very nice person.
in Fort Worth, TX |
Dr. Miklius has been my doctor for over a decade; she is caring and through. The office staff is friendly and accomadating.
in Arlington, TX |
Dr. Mikilus is attentive, caring and concerned about her patients. She listens and takes time with you each visit. When she is meeting with you your care is her first priority.
in Dallas |
Dr. Miklius is the first physician in years that actually takes time to listen, explain, and gives suggestions. Ever visit has been handled on time. Her office staff is very nice. Stop checking other Endocrinologist reviews, Dr. Miklius is #1.
Arlington, TX |
Solid support team that constantly recalibrates
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius provides excellent care to her patients. Highly recommend!
Garland, TX |
Dr. Miklius is always thorough. She spends the required time with her patients, making their needs and concerns heard. Its always a pleasure meeting her.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius is an awesome doctor! I highly recommend her to anyone needing a knowledgeable endocrinologist. She listens intently and answers any questions you may have or concerns.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius has been wonderful to work with. She takes her time with you and listens. My expience with her has been nothing short of great! I highly recommend her.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius is a very kind and respectful doctor. She listens very well and takes time to answer my questions. I felt that we both worked as a team to improve my health. She is open to suggestions and took time to consider alternative ways of treating my condition.
Dallas, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Miklius in a heartbeat. She has been my endocrinologist for over 20 years. She has all the qualities one would want in a doctor. She is always up-to-date on medical information. She is compassionate, caring, and she listens. I had a problem that 2 top-notch Orthopedics in FL could not diagnose in 8 months. I mentioned it to Dr. Miklius, who, after a minute or two suggested I see a conservative neurosurgeon. It took one MRI by the neurosurgeon to diagnose the problem.
in Irving, TX |
Extremely intelligent doctor who actually listens ands treats the "person", not just the numbers from your tests. I highly recommend Dr. Miklius!
in Rowlett, TX |
The best Endocrinologist in Dallas!!
in Rowlett, TX |
Dr. Miklius is by far the best Endocrinology doctor I have had in my 22 years as a diabetic. I have been her patient for at least 12 years now minus last year when because of insurance I had to see another doctor. This year I am able to return to her as a patient. She listens to you as both a doctor and as a person. I would recommend anyone who needs to see an Endocrinology Doctor to see her.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius knows her field and gives me full confidence in my care. I have recommended Dr. Miklius to several others who are glad I did.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius and her staff are competent and compassionate. They really listen to my concerns and help me to be the healthiest I can be. The office is clean, friendly and upbeat. I love my health team and really appreciate all they do for me to help me manage my Hashimoto's.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius always makes me feel comfortable. She explains her comments thoroughly and is always willing to answer questions. I would highly recommend her to my family and friends.
Richardson, TX |
My experiences with Dr. Audrey Miklius have unquestionably been very satisfying over the many years she has been my endocrinologist. She listens to what I say and then has professional comments on my thoughts. She has been equally valuable in educating me on diabetes and its continuing treatment options, helping guide me from oral meds to an insulin pump, and provides positive feedback on the many questions that arise in my treatment. I would definitely recommend her to another person.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius is very knowledgable and up to date on all medical conditions and research in her field. She is very personable and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Miklius.
in whitesboro Texas |
wonderful doctor takes care of whole family. I drive 80 miles to see her !!!!!!
in Murphy |
Dr Miklius is very caring, through and has a wonderful personality. Dr Miklius is a doctor I am truly fortunate to have.
in Rotan, TX |
Dr. Miklius is amazing. Not only did she find my recurring thyroid cancer, she CURED IT! Her care and professionalism are stellar. I will continue to recommend Dr. Miklius to anyone who needs her expertise. I love my doctor! Knowledgeable, capable, caring, professional, experienced, prompt, quick to respond to phone calls...I don't have enough adjectives. GO SEE HER!
Dallas, TX |
She is a caring doctor who will provide quality care for you the person
Allen, TX |
She is knowledgeable and willing to take time to explain to me my options in health treatment.
in Lewisville, TX |
I have been receiving care from Dr. Miklikus for many years. She takes the time to listen to her patients and try to meet their needs to the best of her ability. I have recommended her to others.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Miklius has been my endo for close to 10 years, if not longer. She is fair, understanding, a great listener, and has done the best job of helping me manage my diagnosis.
Dallas, TX |
She's the best doctor I've ever had. She takes time and has helped me tremendously.
Brownsville |
Although I live more than 500 miles from Dallas, I have made the trip at least twice a year for well over a decade to have Dr. Miklius as my physician. The group with which she practices has an excellent reputation, and she is competent, professional, and personable. She has done an excellent job of managing my Graves' Disease and also monitors my osteoporosis. My sister has also gone to Dr. Miklius and been very pleased. I give Dr. Miklius the highest possible recommendation.
in Dallas, TX |
She's the best doctor I've ever had! She takes all the time you need and she has helped me tremendously.
in Paris, TX |
I have been very pleased with Dr. Miikilus and her staff. Very professional and helpful. I have sent several people to this office for help.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Miklius is a great listener, level headed and does not over react. I feel completely safe having Dr Miklius as my doctor and to pay more to see her as she is not in my health insurance network.
in Dallas, TX |
I am very pleased Dr. Miklius' is my doctor. She is thorough and caring.
in Dallas, TX |
I have not seen her in the last 2 times. Saw her nurse. Nurse is excellent but do want to see Dr. next time. Only comment is if you are so busy that you cannot see me, then maybe your practice needs more Doctors? Everyone is very nice except the 2 women at the check in counter. They act like they cannot be bothered. They seem cold and low energy. This has been the same the last several times I have had an appointment.
I highly recommend Dr. Miklius. She is very caring and knowledgable, and her staff is wonderful, as well.
in Dallas, TX |
a great place that I trust with my diabetes care. Dr Miklius and all her nurses are fantastic. Also Pam Jones does a great job also.
in Coppell, TX |
Dr. Miklius is a very caring and attentive physician. Her time with me is always quality time. And her nurses are great!
in Plano, TX |
I have recommended Dr. Miklius to several of my friends. The way I explain the services I received from her to them..."she is very thorough in her approach and clearly answers my questions in a manner in which I can understand." I love her calm demeanor and I never felt rushed as I had on several occasions by other physicians in the practice.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Miklius has been my endocrinologist for many years, and my diabetes is excellently controlled because of her. She is very professional as well as caring and compassionate. I recommend her to everyone.
in Little Elm, TX |
Dr. Miklius is the finest doctor I've ever had. She is forthright, knowledgeable, and takes sufficient time with her patients to explain what needs to be explained. Her knowledge is vast and she doesn't beat around the bush, but tells it as it is. Very refreshing! I would and have recommended her to others including my wife. She is an A+ doctor as well as a person.
in Arlington |
Dr. Miklius has been my doctor for about 15 years. She treats me for hypothyroidism and type 2 diabetes. I have been very happy with her and her team. Dr. Miklius is kind and a good listener with a good sense of humor. She's really an excellent doctor.
in Hickory Creek, TX |
Dr. Miklius has been treating my thyroid issues for over 15 yrs. I have always been taken care of so very well. She takes the time at my check up appointment to make sure my year has been problem free. Dr. Miklius is such a lovely professional physician and she is highly qualified. In my opinion she is the Best in her field..
Rowlett, TX |
Thorough, caring, listen to patients, knowledgeable
Have you seen Dr. Audrey B. Miklius, MD?

Compare Dr. Miklius

Dr. Miklius says...

Audrey Miklius, MD, received her undergraduate degree in 1983 from Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA. She received her medical degree from University of Hawaii in 1988 with numerous awards and honors, including the Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement in medical school from the American Medical Women's Association and the Upjohn Achievement Award for graduating first in her class. In addition, she had been inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society in 1987. Between 1988 and 1993 Dr. Miklius completed a residency in internal medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and a research fellowship in Medicine at Harvard University, followed by endocrinology research and clinical fellowships at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Dr. Miklius is board certified in Internal Medicine and in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism by the American Board of Internal Medicine and its subspecialty examiners. She has been a Fellow of the American College of Endocrinologists (FACE) since 1999. She is also a member and past president of the Texas Chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), and is a member of the Endocrine Society, the Texas Medical Association (TMA) and the Dallas County Medical Society.

Since Dr. Miklius began clinical practice she has been repeatedly recognized by D Magazine and Texas Monthly in their respective annual features "Best Doctors" and "Super Doctors.

Dr. Miklius' Care Philosophy

Dr. Miklius says...

From 1993 to 1996, Dr. Miklius served as Medical Director, Women's Health Services, Division of Endocrinology at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center as well as Assistant Professor of Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine, both in Boston. During this period she focused on thyroid issues in women. Her written works, "The Evaluation and Management of Thyroid Nodules" and "Thyroid Disease in Women" were included as chapters in the book The Medical Care of Women, P.L. Carr and K.M. Freund, editors, published by W.B. Saunders in 1995.

In 1996, Dr. Miklius transferred to Texas to become Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas

Dr. Miklius' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

Dr. Miklius has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Miklius' Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Weight-Related Conditions

UNIV OF HI J A BURNS SCH MED

Graduated in 1988

Mass Gen Hospital

Dr. Miklius does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miklius and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism