Dr. Atul Vahil, MD

Dr. Atul Vahil, MD

Gastroenterology  |

Dr. Atul Vahil, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Pueblo, CO. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Vahil is affiliated with St. Mary - Corwin Medical Center and Parkview Medical Center.

Digestive Disease Specialists

• Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Rocky Mountain Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Vahil

See how frequently Dr. Vahil performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nausea
Esophageal Diseases
Stomach Diseases

Dr. Vahil's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Stenting
  • Esophageal pH Monitoring
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Pyloromyotomy

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Ramjas College,Delhi University,India
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Vahil has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Vahil does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vahil and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. Mary - Corwin Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
General Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Vahil is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Vahil's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vahil to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Vahil's Performance
Pueblo, CO |
I had to have two procedures done with Dr. Vahil. Very impressed with patient care by nurses and the doctor himself. He was a knowledgeable and caring physician who I could tell loved his job. Very welcoming environment, very clean and well run facility. My admission, procedure and recovery were quick. After hearing horrific stories about colonoscopies and upper endoscopies Dr. Vahil and his staff put me at easy and were very calming. Definitely would recommend him to family and friends.
Denver, CO |
Dr.Vahil is the best at what he does! Couldn't have asked for a better caring and knowledgeable physician! His staff also treated me as I was family! Thank you so much!
in Pueblo, CO |
A horrible doctor...no bedside manner, no care for the patient, no discussion as to what my options were, no discussion as to what the side effects of any meds were. A horrible experience!
in Newport Beach, CA |
As a physicians wife and running a medical practice and surgical center myself I often feel like my expectations will not be met when I enter another surgeons practice. Well this was certainly not the case here. Dr. Vahil and his staff are so amazing. I guess I will be visiting Pueblo every three to five years for my appointments as I would never go anywhere else. Thank you for running a top notch practice, with caring staff members, and excellent bedside manner. Sincerely, SE
in Pueblo, CO |
I was not looking forward to doing my colonscopy, especially the prep. But The experience wasn't bad at all. I slept through the entire thing, woke up feeling great and clear- headed. The anesthesia was very smooth. 20 min later, I walked out with peace of mind that I don't have cancer. Then I ate two burritos, I don't recommend eating 2 after your colonscopy. I do, however, highly recommend dr vahil and his staff.
Pueblo, CO |
Atul Vahil exhibited horrible patient care after esophageal dilation and my esophagus tore vertically. I woke up to extreme pain in my entire chest. I could not swallow. Atul walked into my post-op room after eating a bite of his lunch sandwich, talking with food in his mouth and teeth, and then sent me home. I ended up in the ER just five hours later and was checked for a complete tear, which could have resulted in sepsis. Atul did not come to the ER. I was near death after the ordeal.
in Canon City |
Dr. Vahil has always treated me with the up most respect and professionalism, He is very knowledgeable and professional when relaying symptoms and treatment.
Phoenix, AZ |
There isn't a better Gastroenterologist than Dr. Vahil. He is kind, caring, and I have absolute confidence in his ability to diagnose and treat any condition.
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr. Vahil is knowledgeable and can provide the facts but he will not pay attention to the needs of his patient. I had two endoscopies done and both were excrutiating encounters. I will never again do this procedure. Followup by his staff is less than mediocre. I have been calling for months (since Dec 2016 to now March 2017) as to when I can begin a much needed treatment. They will say that they will call with a status and never do. I am about to give up on this doctor and his staff.
in Pueblo, CO |
Professional and caring, excellent care by Dr. Vahil and his entire staff. Two procedures on two weeks, both experiences were ideal.
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr. Vahil has a great bed side manner. He takes his time collecting information, reviewing options, and making you feel at ease. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a gastroenterologist.
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr Vahil and his staff did a great join my care and follow up. I would send my Mother to him if I had to.
in Pueblo,CO |
He doesn't be spend appropriate time with patients and when I was diagnosed positively with a disease, he couldn't even name all of the causes and didn't need give me any advice on a patient plan. I now have to love without a disease and honestly don't know how to treat it. I would avoid Dr. Vahil. He doesn't seem to care for his patients or their diagnoses. I'm now going to a physician in Denver.
in Englewood, CO |
Nurse was rude and kept asking the color of my bowels although I stated clear many times. This caused me to reschedule in which I went to another doctor who had empathy.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I never saw Dr. Vahil, at my appointment, they had it set up with his physician asst. Beth, Had an IBS attack , I called for help someone told me to take a laxative so I don't get constipated after my attack goes away ! What? Some female was yelling at me on the phone She wasn't the Doc Or Beth but she was giving me instructions. Never ever return here ever again!!!
in Pueblo, CO |
This office is the absolute worst about scheduling outside tests. The first time, it took over a week for the office to call me back with an appointment that was two more weeks out. The second time, it took even longer and they said that I needed continue to wait for approval. I finally called insurance myself and easily discovered I did not even need an approval. The office had never called. It takes weeks to get an appointment with a nurse and over a month for an appointment with the doctor.
in Canon City, CO |
Besides them losing power and having to wait over an hour, it was worth the wait. He was very nice and friendly and seemed to be concerned about my health problem. Got me scheduled for some test right away. Hoping and praying he can find out what is wrong with me. So far, no other Doctors have.
Have you seen Dr. Atul Vahil, MD?
Are you Dr. Vahil?