Dr. Atul Syal, MD

Dr. Atul Syal, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Atul Syal, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Sun City, AZ. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

10474 W Thunderbird Blvd Ste 200

Sun City, AZ 85351

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Syal

See how frequently Dr. Syal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Peripheral Nerve Disorders
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Vertigo

Dr. Syal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Ataxia
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Evoked Potential Test
  • Lumbar Puncture

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Dav College Jalandhar, India
  • University Of Cincinnati Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • University Of Cincinnati Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Syal has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Syal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Syal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Syal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Syal to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Syal's Performance
    GOOD
Initially was very impressed with Dr Syal He listened a long time to my smyptoms, he ordered appropriate tests, he interpreted the tests and all was well expect his front office is less than stellar but that is another matter. Then I had a big issue come up and it took 6 weeks to see him and that visit was not satisifactory Its like he did not want to address the issue and almost like he was dismissing me as a patient Just a feeling I got but a feeling nonetheless
Peoria, AZ |
Went to Dr Syal today for my first visit. What a great doctor. I went in for a small shake in my hand. He checked a dozen things (eyes, legs, etc).... And what a great guy. We never met before today, but while we were in the exam room, we were laughing! How many doctors can you say that are fun to be with? A great experience, and would recommend him to anyone.
Phoenix, AZ |
This is not for the doctor but, for thr nursing assistant: Shaaron. She is very rude. She talks to you like a narcissistic person. Shaaron needs to learn people skills. She cannot own up to her own mistake. She cannot remember why she talked to a patient or called a patient. I had voicemail proof one time. She tried making me doing a test (CT) while I was pregnant. HER exact words was, "We can find someone that will do it for you." She argues with you over the phone. Shaaron needs to retire.
in Phoenix , AZ |
Over the last 2 years I have been going in circles with other Doctors trying to figure out exactly what is causing my problems and finding someone who actually listens to what I'm saying. Dr. Syal listened from the start and pointed out my drooping shoulder which I have mentioned several times to other doctors who didn't care. Dr. Syal will go that extra step to make sure he figures out what is really wrong. I find comfort knowing there are still good doctors out there.
in Arizona City, AZ |
I've been a patient of Dr. Atul Syal's for many years. My health issues have been a challenge at times. Dr. Syal has been tenacious, however, always looking for answers so he can best help me. I am truly grateful for his outstanding help. He's very knowledgeable in his field, and genuinely cares about his patients. I'm blessed to have Dr. Syal as my doctor.
in Peoria, AZ |
Very knowledgeable and helpful. Very Thorough. Cares about the patient. Staff helpful. If there is an emergency, calls back even after hours.
Peoria, AZ |
Dr. Syal is caring, kind and has a good bedside manner. He gave me a diagnosis and asked if I had any questions. I did, and he took the time and answered them all. Never did I feel rushed.
in Phoenix, AZ |
This is the third AND LAST time I ever see this man , every appointment I have had he is over an hour and a half late I tell the women up front they don't care one bit and I tell the dr he says oh so you're not doing well I say well not sitting out in the front office when my appointment is at 12 and I see you after 1:30 that is just crap he said we get busy I said I have a job I have appointments but that obviously does not concern you. Just a joke every time over an hour plus wait !!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Syal is a very caring, wonderful, loving Doctor that goes out of his way for all of his patients. If you want the best, Dr. Syal, & his medical staff are the Best in Arizona!! Dr. Syal office is clean, & the medical staff treat you like family. Dr. Syal & his medical staff have greatly improved the life of my spouse who has a seizure disorder, & provides medication samples when your medical ins. will not cover a drug that you need to live a normal life - We love Dr. Syal in our house!!
in Avondale, AZ |
This is an amazing Doctor. He is like no other Doctor I have met. He's got a bed side manner like I've never seen before. He truly cares for his patients. If you have any neurological issues and are looking for answers and need someone who listens and cares, give this doctor a call, you will not be disappointed. And he just was awarded 2016 Top Doctor by Phoenix Magazine.
in Anthem, Az |
I have had RLS for years and when it became a problem in getting sufficient sleep,my GP recommended I see Dr. Syal, After EMG testing and with further patient review, he has managed to eliminate the RLS periods which i would experience at random times day and night - no pattern, just the hypersensitive experience of RLS whenever, wherever it might happen. My sleep was disrupted tremendously and medication dosage before bedtime and a sleep prescription have eliminated the RLS almost 100%
in Phoenix, Arizona |
Dr. Syal is the worst neurologist I have ever come to see! CORE Institute is even worse! They do not request previous records, they require the patient to request them, improperly filed, you will have to follow up and ensure previous records are requested and given to them! The Right hand does not talk to the left hand here! Better be prepared to prove what you have done! Slow referrals for other testing, diagnostic testing is never conclusive, no diagnosis or treatments will ever be given! HATE
in Glendale |
The man is brilliant and has put up with me for 5 years, which speaks volumes since I am an Afghan War Vet and have zero patience for most things. Honestly, I trust him wholeheartedly with every medical decision he has made for me and is the most professional, yet, down to earth doctor I have ever met. He has yet to let me down with my treatment of Traumatic Brain injuries and my epilepsy.
Have you seen Dr. Atul Syal, MD?
Are you Dr. Syal?

• HealthPlus
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
    Medicaid
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance