Dr. Atul Sachdev, MD

Dr. Atul Sachdev, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Atul Sachdev, MD is a family medicine specialist in Baytown, TX and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio in 1995 and specializes in family medicine.Read his story

4002 Garth Rd Ste 100

Baytown, TX 77521

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Sachdev

Dr. Sachdev's Experience

Dr. Sachdev's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Sachdev's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sachdev "I was born in Houston, TX but moved around quite a bit growing up. My family lived in Denver, CO for about 7 years after which I moved to San Antonio, TX for another 7 years. We eventually ended up moving to Plano, TX where I graduated high school. I attended Johns Hopkins University for undergraduate training and came back to San Antonio for medical school (University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio). I did my Family Practice residency training at San Jacinto Methodist Hospital in Baytown, TX, which was affiliated with University of Texas at Houston Medical School at the time. After practicing in traditional medicine in Baytown for about 12 years, I made the difficult decision to change my practice to a membership model (sometimes referred to as "concierge medicine") and became affiliated with MDVIP. While it was very difficult for me to part with many of my existing patients, I knew that I could not deliver the level of personalized care and prevention of disease in the traditional model, where physicians typically spend a small amount of time with patients and have to see many of them daily to make ends meet. Most traditional physicians today have found themselves in a position where they have to sell their private practices to larger organizations and have to employ nurse practitioners, physician assistants, etc so that they can meet certain productivity requirements. I knew in my heart that this would all degrade the doctor-patient relationship and sacrifice the level of care that a patient would receive. I wanted to know my patients inside and out and needed time with them; not only treat their current problems, but also to identify opportunities to prevent future ones. Having done this now since 2011, I know without a doubt that I am effectively preventing poor health outcomes with the time and special testing we are able to provide to patients in this model. For example, since 2011, no patient who has participated in my model has died of a heart attack or stroke. Given that these are among the top killers in the U.S., that's a testimony to the effectiveness of what we do here. It's very rare that my patients are hospitalized. Also, our patients routinely report that their quality of life has improved dramatically after being in my program. We consistently see patients lose weight, gain energy/stamina, sleep better, have improved mental clarity and are overall much happier. This has been even more the case since I started offering BioTE (bioidentical) hormone pellets to my patients in 2016. The results have been phenomenal. The current model in which I practice affords me and my patients the time and testing needed to accomplish great things. I now sleep well at night knowing that I am able to take excellent care of, not only my sick patients, but also my well patients."

This content was provided by Dr. Sachdev "As my patient you are entrusting me with your most valuable asset:  your health.  My philosophy is to partner with my patients by listening and providing the care and education that they need with regard to their health.  I believe that my greatest strength has always been my ability to relate to a variety of different patients and to successfully achieve treatment, recovery and prevention goals based on my knowledge and experience, while taking into consideration the specific goals of the patient.  The role I have in your healthcare is a responsibility that I take seriously.  In the end my patients must be certain that I always have their best interest at heart, for it is only then that I will have met my own goal."

• Family Practice

• Liver Function Test
  • Lung Spirometry
  • Mole Removal
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Physical Examination

• University of Texas, Houston
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Bale Doneen Method
    Other Education | Completed 2011

Dr. Sachdev has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sachdev does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sachdev and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sachdev's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sachdev

4.4

Dr. Sachdev?
Dr. Sachdev's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Atul Sachdev, MD
He spent time discussing and explaining all my test results. He is truly interested in partnering with the patient to improve their health.
Mar 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Sachdev, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sachdev?