Dr. Atul Bhat, MD

Dr. Bhat
Telehealth services available

Scott A. Sigman MD

14 Research Pl North Chelmsford, MA 01863

Dr. Atul Bhat, MD is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist in North Chelmsford, MA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Lowell General Hospital and Nashoba Valley Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bhat to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialists in your area

See similar Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialists in North Chelmsford

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Good Patient Care
    Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Bhat accepts

Dr. Bhat accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Bhat's experience treating your condition or procedure

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bhat

4.0

69.81132075471699%

Dr. Bhat?
I absolutely love Dr. Bhat and his office. Thank you for your care and concern. You've always made a difference in my life, have always taken the time to explain everything and have always left me confident in your work. Thank you!
Adrianne Brown – Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr. Bhat and his staff are awesome! I have been seeing Dr. Bhat for over 2 years with neck pain due to a car accident. he is kind and attentive, and fully listens to your concerns. My appointments have always been punctual, and the staff is very friendly. I recently had a cortisone shot in my neck which I was extremly nervous about and the whole team, including Dr. Bhat made me feel very comfortabl during the short prodecure. I would highly recommend their office for neck and back pain.
Julie – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr Bhat was great. He listened to me and recommended a treatment plan specifically for me. I highly recommend seeing Dr Bhat if you have back issues and want to get back to enjoying your life.
Jen – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
My experience with Dr. Bhat was amazingly positive! My doctor at Lahey couldn’t get me in for a cortisone shot for a month. I saw Dr. Bhat on Thursday and had my first cortisone shot the following Tuesday. His bedside manner during the cortisone shot was outstanding. Should you find yourself in need of a spine doctor, Dr. Bhat is the person to see.
K – Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Quick accurate diagnosis of herniation in L5/S1 nerve root. Hits the spot with the shots.
Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr. Bhat is professional, personable, and very thorough. He put me at ease during my procedure and kept me informed throughout. He took the time to explain before and after the expectations and potential results. I would recommend highly.
MA – Jan 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr. Bhat is great! He's professional and also very kind. With his help, I can now sit in the car for longer than an hour without being in excruciating pain!
Jaimee in Lowell, MA – Oct 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I see Dr. Bhat for lower back pain. He is professional and very caring. I began with X-rays, MRI, and physical therapy. Dr. Bhat shared the films with me and explained all the spinal problems I have. Physical therapy kept me pretty comfortable for about six months, but then the pain worsened. I returned and had steroid injections which worked very well. I have had no problems with the office staff, they have all been professional and helpful.
Mary Towse in North Andover, MA – Jul 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr Bhat and his staff. I was greeted with smiles even at the end of the work day. Dr Bhat never make me wait and always greets me with a warm smile and a hand shake. He listens to everything I have to say and asks all the right questions to make me feel that my pain is validated. He has done everything in his power to alleviate my pain quickly and as pain free as large needles can be!! If I could give him 100 stars I would and I'm so thankful to have found him.
Kathleen in Chelmsford , MA – Jul 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I see Dr. Bhat for injections. He is compassionate, understanding, and takes the time to figure out the cause of the pain, not just treat the symptoms. His staff is great, although it does take them a while to return calls sometimes. The girls in the injection room are great. They hold your hand and talk you through the injection and explain everything as Dr. Bhat is doing it. They're very down to earth and make the whole experience more tolerable. The nurse in the recovery room makes me laugh e
May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I recently was admitted to see Dr Bhat via an emergency appointment as I had a herniated disc pressing on a nerve causing extreme pain. He was able to administer an epidural immediately which relieved the pain and reduced the swelling. He took time to listen to my concerns and explained the problem I was having. I am now following up with him as a patient. I would highly recommend Dr Bhat to others
John Mahon in merrimack nh – Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Just another typical doctor working for a Big Pharma. He would not x-ray my neck on the same day I'm guessing because they wanted additional office visits. He told me that at my age, 53, herniated discs were and are "normal," and asked why I bothered coming if I knew I didn't want to cortisone injection already. Apparently, a cattle call for steroids because these provide him with a terrific living. When I ask questions about alternative therapies, he said to make another appt.
Feb 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
After struggling with lots of back pain the last two years I was referred to Dr. bhat and it has probably been one of the best decisions I’ve made. After a few visits I am starting to feel like myself again. Dr bhat is very thorough, detailed, and listens to all your concerns. They also have a very friendly staff that's always willing to help, and assist you with everything you need so you don’t leave the office confused or concerned. Highly recommended!
Nashua, NH – Dec 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr Bhat is one of the best Drs I have ever been too. He's very caring with an awesome bed side manner!! I would highly recommend him to my family and friends??
Salem, NH – Sep 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr Atul Bhat , did not listen to any of my back pain concerns I was rushed out with some pain meds. In and out in last them 5 min. I will not recommend anyone friends and family to go see Dr. Atul Bhat.
MR. Miguel in Westfod Ma – Dec 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I have already recommended Dr. Bhat to family members. I am a professional dancer/actor whose back pain was keeping me from starting rehearsals for an upcoming show in NYC. I didn't really have a back specialist in Lowell but seeing that Dr. Bhat's residency was at NYU/Rusk - which I knew to be excellent, prompted me to make an appointment. Unbelievably I saw him on Friday and was dancing again by the following Thursday. Everyone in his office was warm and forthcoming.
Joanna R in Lowell, MA – Jul 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr bhat is amazing to bad his staff is snobby judge mental and snappy !!! They talk to you like your a piece of poop . Not organized and blame you !! They don't talk to you as an individual but a group pain of people bothering them . I wouldn't go back to a good dr do to the horrible staff service
Nashua, NH – May 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr. Bhat is an amazing doctor. He is very respectful and explains himself well. The staff always gets back to me by the end of the day. Paula is extremely pleasant!
Lowell, MA – Jan 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bhat?

Dr. Bhat is a graduate of the University of Bombay, India where he completed his medical training as well as a residency program in Orthopedic Surgery. Upon arrival to the United States, he served as the International Clinical Research Spine Fellow a...Read more

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation