Dr. Atul Bhat, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ·  Male · Age 52

Dr. Bhat

Orthopaedic Surgical Associates

14 Research Pl North Chelmsford, MA 01863

Dr. Atul Bhat, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in North Chelmsford, MA and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences in 1991 and specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation.

Dr. Bhat accepts

Dr. Bhat accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Bhat's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bhat's Top Procedures and Conditions

Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Bhat treats Chronic Neck Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Bhat treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Spinal Nerve Block

Dr. Bhat performs Spinal Nerve Block more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Bhat performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Lumbar Medial Branch Block

3.9

Dr. Bhat?
Dr. Bhat's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Atul Bhat, MD
Dr. Bhat is professional, personable, and very thorough. He put me at ease during my procedure and kept me informed throughout. He took the time to explain before and after the expectations and potential results. I would recommend highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr. Bhat is great! He's professional and also very kind. With his help, I can now sit in the car for longer than an hour without being in excruciating pain!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I see Dr. Bhat for lower back pain. He is professional and very caring. I began with X-rays, MRI, and physical therapy. Dr. Bhat shared the films with me and explained all the spinal problems I have. Physical therapy kept me pretty comfortable for about six months, but then the pain worsened. I returned and had steroid injections which worked very well. I have had no problems with the office staff, they have all been professional and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr Bhat and his staff. I was greeted with smiles even at the end of the work day. Dr Bhat never make me wait and always greets me with a warm smile and a hand shake. He listens to everything I have to say and asks all the right questions to make me feel that my pain is validated. He has done everything in his power to alleviate my pain quickly and as pain free as large needles can be!! If I could give him 100 stars I would and I'm so thankful to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I see Dr. Bhat for injections. He is compassionate, understanding, and takes the time to figure out the cause of the pain, not just treat the symptoms. His staff is great, although it does take them a while to return calls sometimes. The girls in the injection room are great. They hold your hand and talk you through the injection and explain everything as Dr. Bhat is doing it. They're very down to earth and make the whole experience more tolerable. The nurse in the recovery room makes me laugh e
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I recently was admitted to see Dr Bhat via an emergency appointment as I had a herniated disc pressing on a nerve causing extreme pain. He was able to administer an epidural immediately which relieved the pain and reduced the swelling. He took time to listen to my concerns and explained the problem I was having. I am now following up with him as a patient. I would highly recommend Dr Bhat to others
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Just another typical doctor working for a Big Pharma. He would not x-ray my neck on the same day I'm guessing because they wanted additional office visits. He told me that at my age, 53, herniated discs were and are "normal," and asked why I bothered coming if I knew I didn't want to cortisone injection already. Apparently, a cattle call for steroids because these provide him with a terrific living. When I ask questions about alternative therapies, he said to make another appt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
After struggling with lots of back pain the last two years I was referred to Dr. bhat and it has probably been one of the best decisions I’ve made. After a few visits I am starting to feel like myself again. Dr bhat is very thorough, detailed, and listens to all your concerns. They also have a very friendly staff that's always willing to help, and assist you with everything you need so you don’t leave the office confused or concerned. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr Bhat is one of the best Drs I have ever been too. He's very caring with an awesome bed side manner!! I would highly recommend him to my family and friends??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr Atul Bhat , did not listen to any of my back pain concerns I was rushed out with some pain meds. In and out in last them 5 min. I will not recommend anyone friends and family to go see Dr. Atul Bhat.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
I have already recommended Dr. Bhat to family members. I am a professional dancer/actor whose back pain was keeping me from starting rehearsals for an upcoming show in NYC. I didn't really have a back specialist in Lowell but seeing that Dr. Bhat's residency was at NYU/Rusk - which I knew to be excellent, prompted me to make an appointment. Unbelievably I saw him on Friday and was dancing again by the following Thursday. Everyone in his office was warm and forthcoming.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr bhat is amazing to bad his staff is snobby judge mental and snappy !!! They talk to you like your a piece of poop . Not organized and blame you !! They don't talk to you as an individual but a group pain of people bothering them . I wouldn't go back to a good dr do to the horrible staff service
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?
Dr. Bhat is an amazing doctor. He is very respectful and explains himself well. The staff always gets back to me by the end of the day. Paula is extremely pleasant!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atul Bhat, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bhat?

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

2002
2001
1998
1991

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bhat treats patients.