Dr. Atul Bhat, MD

Dr. Bhat
Telehealth services available

Scott A. Sigman MD

14 Research Pl North Chelmsford, MA 01863

Dr. Atul Bhat, MD is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist in North Chelmsford, MA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Lowell General Hospital and Nashoba Valley Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bhat to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Bhat's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Bhat accepts

Dr. Bhat accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Bhat's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bhat

4.3

Dr. Bhat
Dr. Bhat and his staff are amazing. I called with a problem and they saw my with in 24 hours. In less than a week, I had two office visits, X-rays, MRI, and injections. I was going on vacation and they squeezed me in. Never once did anyone make me feel awkward about procrastinating, when I was in pain for several weeks. They are all kind, courteous, caring, and professional. I highly recommend them.
Oct 01, 2021
Dr Bhat has treated my spinal pain for several years with both professionalism and personal attention. I highly recommend him!
Jun 23, 2021
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Bhat and his team at OSA orthopedics. His approach to care is personal and thorough. As a patient, he took he time to get to know me, listen to and understand my unique needs, and develop a personalized treatment plan. Everyone at the practice - from administrators, medical assistants, and nursing staff - are warm and welcoming. They dedicate extra time getting to know their patients.  I am extremely happy with the care I’ve received from Dr. Bhat and his team and would highly recommend his practice.
Dennis Montbleau – Jun 15, 2021
Dr. Bhat is exceptionally skilled. I have been treated by "experts" is Boston teaching hospitals, pain clinics that specialize in back issues, and teaching hospitals in Florida. Not a single provider in any of these places had Dr. Bhat skill. I measure skill based on the amount of relief I've gotten after a procedure, the period of the relief, and how long it took to do the procedure. I have never gotten the relief from anyone that he has provided. And, his procedure time is very, very fast; hits the mark every time!
Steve D – Apr 29, 2021
He is a really nice doctor and helped me a lot with my back problems! Now I'm pain free!
Lara Ansaldi – Apr 26, 2021
I came in with a very painful lower back. Dr Bhat was open, compassionate, concerned and competent. Rather than going the injection route he recommended that I start with PT which I totally agreed with. If one doesn't need an injection - one should not get it. I started PT and am hopeful that the pain will be taken care of. He had no trouble deciding on the best diagnostic test in order to rule out severe issues.
Apr 22, 2021
My experience with Dr. Bhat, Stacy and all of the office personnel was compassionate expertise. I highly recommend this practice as an outstanding conduit for healing.
Diane V – Mar 20, 2021
I have had SI joint pain for over three years. Dr. Bhatt has given me injections on 3 separate occasions. I had wonderful and complete relief for 9 months to over a year each time. The injection I received 6 weeks ago did not relieve my pain. Dr. Bhatt suggested that I try PT for a few weeks to see if I have any relief before considering any more procedures. I love the fact that he considers all options before recommending new procedures. He will speak with me in a few weeks to assess my progress and only then decide if another procedure is necessary. I fully trust his judgement.
Pamela Osgood – Mar 14, 2021
Dr Bhat is a doctor who cares! He takes the time with me every time I see him and is not only a great doctor, but a kind soul. Extremely compassionate and has always helped me out on every visit. I would recommend this man to anyone who has neck or back pain. Simply amazing ! There are a lot of good Doctors in my area but I have been blessed with the care of DR Bhat and I would not have it any other way. I highly recommend him and can not say enough about this great Doctor. Here’s to you Doc ! Thanks for ALL you have done for me and my family !
Gary M – Mar 11, 2021
Highly recommend this doctor. He is very down to earth, compassionate, and thorough. He spent time with us to be sure we understood our options. We only waited 5 minutes for our appointment. He clearly is very knowledgeable on pain and spines.
Happy patient – Jan 28, 2021
Dr.Bhat is a very caring and compassionate Doctor. He is one who, listens, and having experienced pain myself, I can honestly say, has given me such relief. A highly skilled and gentle man, a master of his trade! His staff is always pleasant and caring, a great asset! Quality team !
RobbinCerulli – Dec 11, 2020
Dr. Bhat is a very caring and compassionate person. He takes the time to listen to all your concerns/issues and thoroughly discusses options and treatments. His extensive education and knowledge of the neck and spine are impressive -- he was the only Dr. to correctly diagnose my nerve condition (after many years of misdiagnoses) and sent me to a specialist who set up an appropriate pain management plan. His office is extremely well run, always on time, and the staff is both professional and super friendly. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Bhat to anyone suffering from back and/or neck pain. He's truly the BEST!!!
Lisa McH. – Dec 10, 2020
Dr. Bhat is an exceptionally skilled orthopedic provider who delivers care with the utmost compassion. He has been treating me for lower back pain and has always been so kind, gentle, punctual, and thorough. I appreciate that he is an active listener and prioritizes my wishes. Each time I leave the office I feel confident in his findings and recommendations. I highly recommend Dr. Bhat and the Orthopaedics Surgical Associates practice!
Dec 09, 2020
I saw Dr. Bhat for pain from a herniated disc. Dr. Bhat was great! I found him to be a warm and caring doctor. He really took the time to sit and listen to me. After being in pain for months my pain is now gone and I feel great. Thank you to Dr. Bhat and the nurses that work with him for such great service!
Diane Leonard – Nov 30, 2020
A couple of years ago while in Cardiac Rehab at Lowell General I had my first issue with my back. I had intense pain and could not continue with my rehab. The nursing staff suggested only one doctor to see which was Dr. Bhat. I call immediately and saw him in the office within a day or two. I had x-rays and a CT scan and he told me that it confirmed a disc in my lower back. A couple of days later I had my first of two spinal injections. Although not the most comfortable thing I have done but 5 to 10 seconds later it was over. I immediately had relieve and felt 75 percent better. Two weeks later I had my second injection and within a week I was back to my regular routine. I was pain free for two years until this past fall when it started over again. Called, immediate appointment. Same procedures as before and again immediate relief. I want to thank Dr. Bhat and his staff. Always there to help and always professional.
Chuck Phair – Nov 19, 2020
I found a very compassionate doctor in Dr Bhat. He tried everything possible to help me but was not able. He truly was very sorry he was unable to help. I rate Dr Bhat a solid ten for knowledge, compassion and sincerely caring for me.
Nov 03, 2020
What a well functioning machine. My first evaluation was a pleasant visit with DJ, Dr. Bhat's physician's assistant. He ordered an MRI so I would have everything Dr. Bhat would need for my first visit with him. HE IS SO WONDERFUL! Dr. Bhat's injection technique was quick, and I was up and walking out of the office all without delay. My follow-up visit to check my post-injection relief was also wonderful (not just because I felt better)! I have to say, it was the most efficient specialist experience I have had.
Chris – Oct 28, 2020
Dr. Bhat and his staff are awesome! I have been seeing Dr. Bhat for over 2 years with neck pain due to a car accident. he is kind and attentive, and fully listens to your concerns. My appointments have always been punctual, and the staff is very friendly. I recently had a cortisone shot in my neck which I was extremly nervous about and the whole team, including Dr. Bhat made me feel very comfortabl during the short prodecure. I would highly recommend their office for neck and back pain.
Julie – Mar 05, 2020
Dr Bhat was great. He listened to me and recommended a treatment plan specifically for me. I highly recommend seeing Dr Bhat if you have back issues and want to get back to enjoying your life.
Jen – Jan 14, 2020
My experience with Dr. Bhat was amazingly positive! My doctor at Lahey couldn’t get me in for a cortisone shot for a month. I saw Dr. Bhat on Thursday and had my first cortisone shot the following Tuesday. His bedside manner during the cortisone shot was outstanding. Should you find yourself in need of a spine doctor, Dr. Bhat is the person to see.
K – Dec 03, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Bhat?

Dr. Bhat is a graduate of the University of Bombay, India where he completed his medical training as well as a residency program in Orthopedic Surgery....Read more

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation