Dr. Atif Shahzad, MD

Dr. Atif Shahzad, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Shahzad MD Gastroenterology 201 Kingwood Medical Dr Ste B100 Kingwood, TX 77339 Get Directions

Dr. Atif Shahzad received his training in Gastroenterology and Liver Disease from the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center in 2007. He completed his Internship and Residency at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in 2004. While there he served as a Clinical Instructor of Medicine and received the Resident of the Year Award. Dr. Shahzad practices all aspects of general gastroenterology and Liver disease. He skillfully performs upper endoscopies, Colonoscopies. He also performs Advanced gastroenterology procedures like ERCP, Wireless Capsule Endoscopy, and Single Balloon Endoscopy for the small Bowel, Esophageal Variceal Banding, Argon Plasma Coagulation of Radiation Proctitis, minimally invasive Hemorrhoid treatment, and minimally invasive fecal incontinence treatment. He believes in spending ample time listening to the patient and explaining the disease process as well as management strategies. By doing this, he realizes his goal of developing strong, confident and lasting relationship with his patients. Dr. Shahzad has a special interest in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and has received training during his fellowship in managing Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease from Cornell University in New York. He spent time during his training at Cedar Sinai Hospital in California to better understand gastrointestinal motility disorders and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Dr. Shahzad also is one of the very few gastroenterologist who is dealing with the difficult problem of Diabetic Gastroparesis and working with new technologies like Gastric Stimulators. Dr. Shahzad has excelled in patient care during his training. He also presented his clinical research work at American College of Gastroenterology during his training. Dr. Shahzad is an excellent addition to the group, and is available for consultation. He is happily married and enjoys spending time with his family and meeting new people. Education and Training State University of New York Downstate Medical Center Ross University School of Medicine Rutgers University, NJ Certifications Board Certified in Gastroenterology Board Certified in Internal Medicine Dr. Shahzad is affiliated with Mermorial Herman - The Woodlands, St. Luke's - The Woodlands, Houston Northwest Medical Center & Kingwood Medical Center. To meet Dr. Shahzad for Gastroenterology and Hepatology care, Colon Cancer Screening, Non Invasive Hemorrhoid Banding, Hepatitis management., please contact Shahzad MD Gastroenterology today for an initial consultation.

Dr. Shahzad's Experience

See how Dr. Shahzad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shahzad

Dr. Shahzad accepts 25 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Shahzad has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shahzad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shahzad to family and friends
Dr. Shahzad's Performance
in Porter, TX |
Professionalism is excellent. He gets to the point. Great experience!
in Spring, TX |
Experience with Dr. Shahzad was great.
Very Pleased!
Very Pleased!
in Katy, TX |
HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR. LISTENS WELL!
in Conroe, TX |
Excellent! It was worth the wait.
in Humble, TX |
Excellent! Very thorough and complete with questions and very knowledgeable
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Shahzad is very calming.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shahzad was Very thorough and Compassionate to my concern... I would definitely recommend him to all.
I would definitely recommend Dr. Shahzad to family members and friends
I would definitely recommend Dr. Shahzad to family members and friends
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shahzad explains really good. I really like Dr. Shahzad.
Dr. Shahzad is very Informative
I WILL DEFENATELY RECOMMEND DR. SHAHZAD TO MY FAMILY MEMBER AND FRIENDS
in Channelview, TX |
Its my first visit and love to come back. Dr. Shahzad was very nice and friendly. Staff is also nice and friendly. Dr. Shahzad's assistant Dr. Jawairia was very nice, friendly and patient. I will definitely recommend to other people.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shahzad and the office staff are very friendly & thorough.
in Crosby, TX |
Experience with Dr. Shahzad was very good.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Shahzad's staff were very friendly. My visit was pleasant. I felt very comfortable. I would definitely recommend Dr. Shahzad to family and friends
in Kingwood, TX |
Dr. Shahzad spend appropriate amount of time with patient. Yes, this is why slight wait but WORTH IT.
Overall experience is good
in Houston, TX |
I enjoyed meeting him. I felt very comfortable with him doing my treatment
Excellent - Dr. Shahzad is the best
in Humble, TX |
Overall experience with Dr. Shahzad "WENT VERY WELL"
It was a great experience with Dr. Shahzad
in Humble, TX |
Awesome! Makes me feel help is here!
in Jersey Village, TX |
I was diagnosed with hepatitis C end stage but I can't enough Dr. Shahzad that he recovered me fully. Thank you very much for Dr. Atif Shahzad to give me treatment for Hepatitis C. Its gone for forever. Before meeting him, i was like Its my last day in the world. but he helped me recover and gain my healthy life. I am feeling very exited and very happy to see the result that Hepatitis is Gone for foreever. I am out of word to thank Dr. Shahzad. If I had not found Dr. Shahzad, I truly believe I
Very Interested, Concerned and Open
in Point blank, TX |
He is a wonderful physician and I am glad that I was recommended to him.
in Spring, TX |
Super staff easy to make an appointment , easy access to the office , and the great doctor. good quality of care. Thank you all.
in Humble, TX |
Been a patient of Dr. Shahzad': since December. Awesome doctor who really cares about you. Does not tush, spends a lot of time helping to come up with solutions. He is thorough in his knowledge and overall wants to make you feel better. Songlad my PCP referred me to him last year.
Spring, TX |
I had a colonoscopy, this is the 5th one I have had to undergo. They seem to charge exorbanent fees, it cost me more than all the others put together, and bills that my insurance company refuses to pay keep coming in.
in The Woodlands, TX |
Getting an appointment is difficult due to the fact that they have an answering service answer the phone all day and no one returns your calls until the evening. In addition, my first visit I had to wait for over 2 hours. The office is chaotic and sometimes gives misinformation, so ask more than one person. The doctor himself is wonderful. He is focused and seems to really care about finding appropriate solutions to my health care issues. He has been open to discussing any questions I have had.
in Spring, TX |
Put us at ease and was very nice.
in Magnolia, TX |
Excellent
in The Woodlands, Texas |
Dr. Shahzad is a kind and gentle GI doctor. He is a great listener, and very thorough and conservative in his approach to medicine. He spent ample amount of time and gave all the answers of my questions. Staff was friendly and helpful, Scheduling was feasible. I felt well taken care of. I give 5 stars for my visit to this office. I will definitely recommend him to all.
in Houston, TX |
If it was positive to give a negative star rating, that would be appropriate. While Dr.Shahzad seems personable and knowledgable, the extreme incompetence evidenced by his office on numerous occasions was enough for me to find another gastroenterologist. The office would never call back in response to questions, when orders were missing for imaging tests, or for prescription refills. Every appointment it was clear there was zero preparation - no chart in file, results hadn't been looked, etc.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Atif was very helpful and knowledgeable of the procedure that I wanted even though he himself is not yet performing them (will be soon). The staff was helpful, accommodating, and friendly. Definitely recommend!
in Porter, TX |
I appreciate the doctor actively listened to me, asking good questions to understand my needs.
in Spring, TX |
Dr.shahzad was very informative. he was willing to fit me in to get an egd very quickly on their schedule. I have not begun treatment but feel as if the solution offered will get the problems I am experiencing quickly resolved. Both Doctor's I spoke with were very good. -Daniel K.
in New Caney, TX |
Great office. Great doctor. I am really satisfied with him. He treated me and i am back to my healthy gut now. Dr. Shahzad is the best doctor i have ever visited. I recommend him to everyone
in Spring, TX |
I found Dr. Shahzad while searching for Colon cancer screening. He is a wonderful doctor. He has a great bedside manner. Very friendly and personal. Took time to explain things and made me feel comfortable with the decisions that needed to be made. His Free consultation for colon cancer screening program is interested and saving a lot money. I recommend him to everyone.
in Atascocita, TX |
Dr. Shahzad's office was very responsive and efficient. he has very friendly staff. The colon cancer screening program is a great idea he is working on. . My doctor told me that Dr. Shahzad is an expert GI doctor and now I know why. I recommend him to all my friends. It is worth going to the best.
in Spring, TX |
He listened to my health condition and spent a quality time with me. He is very accurate and humble. Great staff on site and on call. I definitely will recommended to everyone
in Kingwood, TX |
Dr. Shahzad took time to listen to my concerns and explain everything in terms I could understand. I felt like he gave me the time I needed and addressed all my concerns. Very happy with his care so far.
in The Woodlands |
Dr. Shahzad Listened and assessed my problems. I feel much better and relieved that i am under best healthcare provider. my health condition is improving. Nice and friendly staff. i do recommend him to every one
Houston, TX |
I changed insurance companies and found Dr. Shahzad. He agreed I needed a follow up colonoscopy(I was due for a follow up, history of polyps-and now had new bowel symptoms). Was told I could have colonoscopy as early as next week. After looking at my calendar, I phoned office next day and left message. Continued leaving messages to several extensions provided, over a 4 week period. No one responded. I found another doctor to perform my colonoscopy. I hope to have good results.
in Humble, TX |
Alcohol damaged my liver but thanks to Dr. Shahzad, He takes care of my liver and gut. very experienced and nice doctor, every time I visit him, office staffs are very nice and helpful. I always recommend him to every body.
Kingwood, TX |
I felt very comfortable and at least with my providers and Dr. Shahzad... Everyone was very helpful and polite.
Great office!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shahzad is a very kind and experienced Gastro and Liver doctor. I thank him for taking care of my health.
Have you seen Dr. Atif Shahzad, MD?
Are you Dr. Shahzad?

Compare Dr. Shahzad

Dr. Shahzad says...

To meet Dr. Shahzad for Gastroenterology and Hepatology care, Colon Cancer Screening, Non Invasive Hemorrhoid Banding, Hepatitis management., please contact Shahzad MD Gastroenterology today for an initial consultation.

Dr. Shahzad's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shahzad says...

Dr. Shahzad practices all aspects of general gastroenterology and Liver disease. He skillfully performs upper endoscopies, Colonoscopies. He also performs Advanced Gastroenterology procedures like ERCP, Wireless Capsule Endoscopy, and Single Balloon Endoscopy for the small Bowel, Esophageal Variceal Banding, Argon Plasma Coagulation of Radiation Proctitis, minimally invasive Hemorrhoid treatment, and minimally invasive fecal incontinence treatment.

Dr. Shahzad says...

Dr. Shahzad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Shahzad has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shahzad's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus

Graduated in 1996

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Shahzad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shahzad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology
  • Hepatology

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Sigmoidoscopy