Dr. Atif Shahzad, MD

Dr. Atif Shahzad, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Greater Houston Gastroenterology 9701 N Sam Houston Pkwy E Ste 120, Humble, TX 77396 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Shahzad's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Shahzad's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• HealthSmart
      • MAPFRE Life Insurance Company of Puerto Rico
      • Optima Health
      • Principal Life

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Shahzad has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Shahzad

Dr. Shahzad's Review Details
      4.6 based on 155 responses
      Experience with Dr. Shahzad
      Dr. Shahzad's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (150)
      in Houston, TX |
      If it was positive to give a negative star rating, that would be appropriate. While Dr.Shahzad seems personable and knowledgable, the extreme incompetence evidenced by his office on numerous occasions was enough for me to find another gastroenterologist. The office would never call back in response to questions, when orders were missing for imaging tests, or for prescription refills. Every appointment it was clear there was zero preparation - no chart in file, results hadn't been looked, etc.
      in Spring, TX |
      Dr. Atif was very helpful and knowledgeable of the procedure that I wanted even though he himself is not yet performing them (will be soon). The staff was helpful, accommodating, and friendly. Definitely recommend!
      in Porter, TX |
      I appreciate the doctor actively listened to me, asking good questions to understand my needs.
      in Spring, TX |
      Dr.shahzad was very informative. he was willing to fit me in to get an egd very quickly on their schedule. I have not begun treatment but feel as if the solution offered will get the problems I am experiencing quickly resolved. Both Doctor's I spoke with were very good. -Daniel K.
      in New Caney, TX |
      Great office. Great doctor. I am really satisfied with him. He treated me and i am back to my healthy gut now. Dr. Shahzad is the best doctor i have ever visited. I recommend him to everyone
      in Spring, TX |
      I found Dr. Shahzad while searching for Colon cancer screening. He is a wonderful doctor. He has a great bedside manner. Very friendly and personal. Took time to explain things and made me feel comfortable with the decisions that needed to be made. His Free consultation for "colon cancer screening program" is interested and saving a lot money. I recommend him to everyone.
      in Atascocita, TX |
      Dr. Shahzad's office was very responsive and efficient. he has very friendly staff. The colon cancer screening program is a great idea he is working on. . My doctor told me that Dr. Shahzad is an expert GI doctor and now I know why. I recommend him to all my friends. It is worth going to the best.
      in Spring, TX |
      He listened to my health condition and spent a quality time with me. He is very accurate and humble. Great staff on site and on call. I definitely will recommended to everyone
      in Kingwood, TX |
      Dr. Shahzad took time to listen to my concerns and explain everything in terms I could understand. I felt like he gave me the time I needed and addressed all my concerns. Very happy with his care so far.
      in The Woodlands |
      Dr. Shahzad Listened and assessed my problems. I feel much better and relieved that i am under best healthcare provider. my health condition is improving. Nice and friendly staff. i do recommend him to every one
      Houston, TX |
      I changed insurance companies and found Dr. Shahzad. He agreed I needed a follow up colonoscopy(I was due for a follow up, history of polyps-and now had new bowel symptoms). Was told I could have colonoscopy as early as next week. After looking at my calendar, I phoned office next day and left message. Continued leaving messages to several extensions provided, over a 4 week period. No one responded. I found another doctor to perform my colonoscopy. I hope to have good results.
      in Humble, TX |
      Alcohol damaged my liver but thanks to Dr. Shahzad, He takes care of my liver and gut. very experienced and nice doctor, every time I visit him, office staffs are very nice and helpful. I always recommend him to every body.
      Kingwood, TX |
      I felt very comfortable and at least with my providers and Dr. Shahzad... Everyone was very helpful and polite.
      in Porter, TX |
      Great office!
      in Houston, TX |
      Dr. Shahzad is a very kind and experienced Gastro and Liver doctor. I thank him for taking care of my health.
      in Cleveland, TX |
      Very good Doctor, very explanatory and patient. Great listener, would recommend to anyone.
      in Kingwood, TX |
      Highly satisfied by the services provided. Will definitely recommend him to others.
      in Humble, TX |
      I was very impressed with Dr. Shahzad. He listened to my problems and discussed options of how to correct my problems. I will definitely recommend Dr. Shahzad to all my friends, family and co-workers.
      in The Woodlands, TX |
      I have been a patient of Dr. Shahzad for long time. At every visit I have found him and his staff to be very caring and efficient. I have great respect for him and confidence that he is always doing what is in my best interest. I definitely recommend him to my friends and family
      in Spring, TX |
      Hey Doc, Gr8 experience with you. friendly and professional superb skills as an endoscopist, Gr8 office staff and clean environment. I like it. I recommend Dr. Shahzad to all my friends. It is worth going to the best.
      in Spring, TX |
      I am pleased that Dr. Shahzad took his time with me and my health issues. I appreciate that he treats you as a whole person, not merely a piece of a person. Thank you. You are great doc...
      in Humble, TX |
      My experience was not good at all! I went in and spoke with about my stomach issues and he pushed on my stomach and then said we need to schedule lab work. His staff did not even call in the right prescription so when I got home the prescription did not add up to the instructions they gave me so I had to call the doctor. He did not offer any help and scheduled a colonoscopy for a month away! Then he sent my lab work to my prior doctor who called me. I do NOT recommend seeing this doctor at all!
      Willis, TX |
      He is a smart, capable, and compassionate doctor who does a fantastic job of listening, diagnosing, and explaining. He's one of the few doctors who are in the profession to care for others and not just make money. Some of his staff are very nice, but one of the front desk staff have been decidedly less than professional, even going so far as being snippy, rude, and unhelpful. It's completely unnecessary.
      Crosby |
      He is very good at explaining your condition and going over your results. But he is not good with time. He was late with both surgeries for my daughter, he was over an hour late. On her first surgery they had another patient of his that was complaining about how he is always late. An that is very frustrating when the patient is nervous.
      in Spring, TX |
      After much needed help with abdominal pain I visited another Doctor that ran some test and discovers that I had Gaul stones and a possible blockage in a bile duct. At this time I was referred to a physician that can perform an ERCP a very delicate procedure. I called and could not be seen for two weeks for an initial consultation. I explained the urgency but they didn't seem to care I researched my problem and discovers that this could not wait. Thanks to my Insurance Co. I was directed to Dr.
      Have you seen Dr. Shahzad?
      Are you Dr. Shahzad? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Shahzad

• Gallstones
      • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
      • Gastric Ulcer
      • Gastritis
      • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
      • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
      • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
      • Viral Hepatitis
      • Vomiting Disorders
      • Weight Loss

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
      • Colonoscopy
      • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
      • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
      • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
      • Gastroenterology Procedures
      • Hemorrhoid Treatment
      • Liver Biopsy
      • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
      • Sigmoidoscopy

Suny State University Hospital

Completed in 2007

Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Shahzad has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
      • Urdu
      ×

Dr. Shahzad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Gastroenterology
      • Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Shahzad

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Shahzad's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Shahzad

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Shahzad's Care Philosophy

He believes in spending ample time listening to the patient and explaining the disease process as well as management strategies. By doing this, he realizes his goal of developing strong, confident and lasting relationship with his patients.

Dr. Shahzad says...

Dr. Shahzad practices all aspects of general gastroenterology and Liver disease. He skillfully performs upper endoscopies, Colonoscopies. He also performs Advanced Gastroenterology procedures like ERCP, Wireless Capsule Endoscopy, and Single Balloon Endoscopy for the small Bowel, Esophageal Variceal Banding, Argon Plasma Coagulation of Radiation Proctitis, minimally invasive Hemorrhoid treatment, and minimally invasive fecal incontinence treatment.

Dr. Shahzad says...

Dr. Shahzad has a special interest in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and has received training during his fellowship in managing Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease from Cornell University in New York. He spent time during his training at Cedar Sinai Hospital in California to better understand gastrointestinal motility disorders and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Dr. Shahzad also is one of the very few gastroenterologist who is dealing with the difficult problem of Diabetic Gastroparesis and working with new technologies like Gastric Stimulators.