Dr. Atif Shahzad, MD

Dr. Atif Shahzad, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 42 years old

He believes in spending ample time listening to the patient and explaining the disease process as well as management strategies. By doing this, he realizes his goal of developing strong, confident and lasting relationship with his patients.Read more

Dr. Shahzad's Experience

See how Dr. Shahzad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shahzad

Dr. Shahzad accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Shahzad has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Shahzad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shahzad to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Shahzad
Dr. Shahzad's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (160)
in The Woodlands, TX |
Getting an appointment is difficult due to the fact that they have an answering service answer the phone all day and no one returns your calls until the evening. In addition, my first visit I had to wait for over 2 hours. The office is chaotic and sometimes gives misinformation, so ask more than one person. The doctor himself is wonderful. He is focused and seems to really care about finding appropriate solutions to my health care issues. He has been open to discussing any questions I have had.
in Spring, TX |
Put us at ease and was very nice.
in Magnolia, TX |
Excellent
in The Woodlands, Texas |
Dr. Shahzad is a kind and gentle GI doctor. He is a great listener, and very thorough and conservative in his approach to medicine. He spent ample amount of time and gave all the answers of my questions. Staff was friendly and helpful, Scheduling was feasible. I felt well taken care of. I give 5 stars for my visit to this office. I will definitely recommend him to all.
in Houston, TX |
If it was positive to give a negative star rating, that would be appropriate. While Dr.Shahzad seems personable and knowledgable, the extreme incompetence evidenced by his office on numerous occasions was enough for me to find another gastroenterologist. The office would never call back in response to questions, when orders were missing for imaging tests, or for prescription refills. Every appointment it was clear there was zero preparation - no chart in file, results hadn't been looked, etc.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Atif was very helpful and knowledgeable of the procedure that I wanted even though he himself is not yet performing them (will be soon). The staff was helpful, accommodating, and friendly. Definitely recommend!
in Porter, TX |
I appreciate the doctor actively listened to me, asking good questions to understand my needs.
in Spring, TX |
Dr.shahzad was very informative. he was willing to fit me in to get an egd very quickly on their schedule. I have not begun treatment but feel as if the solution offered will get the problems I am experiencing quickly resolved. Both Doctor's I spoke with were very good. -Daniel K.
in New Caney, TX |
Great office. Great doctor. I am really satisfied with him. He treated me and i am back to my healthy gut now. Dr. Shahzad is the best doctor i have ever visited. I recommend him to everyone
in Spring, TX |
I found Dr. Shahzad while searching for Colon cancer screening. He is a wonderful doctor. He has a great bedside manner. Very friendly and personal. Took time to explain things and made me feel comfortable with the decisions that needed to be made. His Free consultation for colon cancer screening program is interested and saving a lot money. I recommend him to everyone.
in Atascocita, TX |
Dr. Shahzad's office was very responsive and efficient. he has very friendly staff. The colon cancer screening program is a great idea he is working on. . My doctor told me that Dr. Shahzad is an expert GI doctor and now I know why. I recommend him to all my friends. It is worth going to the best.
in Spring, TX |
He listened to my health condition and spent a quality time with me. He is very accurate and humble. Great staff on site and on call. I definitely will recommended to everyone
in Kingwood, TX |
Dr. Shahzad took time to listen to my concerns and explain everything in terms I could understand. I felt like he gave me the time I needed and addressed all my concerns. Very happy with his care so far.
in The Woodlands |
Dr. Shahzad Listened and assessed my problems. I feel much better and relieved that i am under best healthcare provider. my health condition is improving. Nice and friendly staff. i do recommend him to every one
Houston, TX |
I changed insurance companies and found Dr. Shahzad. He agreed I needed a follow up colonoscopy(I was due for a follow up, history of polyps-and now had new bowel symptoms). Was told I could have colonoscopy as early as next week. After looking at my calendar, I phoned office next day and left message. Continued leaving messages to several extensions provided, over a 4 week period. No one responded. I found another doctor to perform my colonoscopy. I hope to have good results.
in Humble, TX |
Alcohol damaged my liver but thanks to Dr. Shahzad, He takes care of my liver and gut. very experienced and nice doctor, every time I visit him, office staffs are very nice and helpful. I always recommend him to every body.
Kingwood, TX |
I felt very comfortable and at least with my providers and Dr. Shahzad... Everyone was very helpful and polite.
in Porter, TX |
Great office!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shahzad is a very kind and experienced Gastro and Liver doctor. I thank him for taking care of my health.
in Cleveland, TX |
Very good Doctor, very explanatory and patient. Great listener, would recommend to anyone.
in Kingwood, TX |
Highly satisfied by the services provided. Will definitely recommend him to others.
in Humble, TX |
I was very impressed with Dr. Shahzad. He listened to my problems and discussed options of how to correct my problems. I will definitely recommend Dr. Shahzad to all my friends, family and co-workers.
in The Woodlands, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shahzad for long time. At every visit I have found him and his staff to be very caring and efficient. I have great respect for him and confidence that he is always doing what is in my best interest. I definitely recommend him to my friends and family
in Spring, TX |
Hey Doc, Gr8 experience with you. friendly and professional superb skills as an endoscopist, Gr8 office staff and clean environment. I like it. I recommend Dr. Shahzad to all my friends. It is worth going to the best.
in Spring, TX |
I am pleased that Dr. Shahzad took his time with me and my health issues. I appreciate that he treats you as a whole person, not merely a piece of a person. Thank you. You are great doc...
in Humble, TX |
My experience was not good at all! I went in and spoke with about my stomach issues and he pushed on my stomach and then said we need to schedule lab work. His staff did not even call in the right prescription so when I got home the prescription did not add up to the instructions they gave me so I had to call the doctor. He did not offer any help and scheduled a colonoscopy for a month away! Then he sent my lab work to my prior doctor who called me. I do NOT recommend seeing this doctor at all!
Willis, TX |
He is a smart, capable, and compassionate doctor who does a fantastic job of listening, diagnosing, and explaining. He's one of the few doctors who are in the profession to care for others and not just make money. Some of his staff are very nice, but one of the front desk staff have been decidedly less than professional, even going so far as being snippy, rude, and unhelpful. It's completely unnecessary.
Crosby |
He is very good at explaining your condition and going over your results. But he is not good with time. He was late with both surgeries for my daughter, he was over an hour late. On her first surgery they had another patient of his that was complaining about how he is always late. An that is very frustrating when the patient is nervous.
in Spring, TX |
After much needed help with abdominal pain I visited another Doctor that ran some test and discovers that I had Gaul stones and a possible blockage in a bile duct. At this time I was referred to a physician that can perform an ERCP a very delicate procedure. I called and could not be seen for two weeks for an initial consultation. I explained the urgency but they didn't seem to care I researched my problem and discovers that this could not wait. Thanks to my Insurance Co. I was directed to Dr.
Have you seen Dr. Atif Shahzad, MD?
Are you Dr. Shahzad?

Compare Dr. Shahzad

Dr. Shahzad's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shahzad says...

Dr. Shahzad practices all aspects of general gastroenterology and Liver disease. He skillfully performs upper endoscopies, Colonoscopies. He also performs Advanced Gastroenterology procedures like ERCP, Wireless Capsule Endoscopy, and Single Balloon Endoscopy for the small Bowel, Esophageal Variceal Banding, Argon Plasma Coagulation of Radiation Proctitis, minimally invasive Hemorrhoid treatment, and minimally invasive fecal incontinence treatment.

Dr. Shahzad says...

Dr. Shahzad has a special interest in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and has received training during his fellowship in managing Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease from Cornell University in New York. He spent time during his training at Cedar Sinai Hospital in California to better understand gastrointestinal motility disorders and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Dr. Shahzad also is one of the very few gastroenterologist who is dealing with the difficult problem of Diabetic Gastroparesis and working with new technologies like Gastric Stimulators.

Dr. Shahzad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Shahzad has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shahzad's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus

Graduated in 1996

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Shahzad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shahzad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Sigmoidoscopy

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.