Dr. Atif Malik, MD

Dr. Atif Malik, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

American Spine 1050 Key Pkwy Ste 103 Frederick, MD 21702 Get Directions

Our Multi-Speciality team of doctors include specialists from the fields of Pain Management, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Anesthesiology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and Neurology. We specialize in treating painful conditions of the neck and back, as well as other parts of the body. Our providers focus on not just treating pain, but diagnosing and eliminating the root cause of pain.The best treatment of chronic pain requires studying what causes it, how the body reacts to it, and how different medications and procedures reduce or eliminate the pain. Because of the vast number of conditions that cause pain, our philosophy is that it is best to have experts from different medical/surgical specialties under one roof in order to craft the most effective treatment strategies for our patients. This alleviates much of the burden of visiting multiple doctor's offices to resolve problems. Our practice is made of Board Certified multi-speciality physicians who are open minded to working

Dr. Atif Malik, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Frederick, MD. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Malik is affiliated with Hackettstown Regional Medical Center and Frederick Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Malik's Experience

See how Dr. Malik's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Malik

Dr. Malik accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Malik has admitting privileges.

Dr. Malik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Malik to family and friends
Dr. Malik's Performance
in Mechanicsville, MD |
Dr. Malik is the most caring & compassionate doctor I've ever seen for oain mangaement. He understands that certain people need opiod theraoy for quality of life. I would recommend him to anyone I know wirh similar problems!
Frederick, MD |
Dr. Malik performed a surgical procedure on my knee. He barely said one word to me prior to the procedure (I'd never met the man) and I never saw him after the procedure (I was sedated). I had a follow-up appointment with him. He did not show up for this appointment; I was not notified of this until the assistant put me in a room with a PA who had no information to share with me about the results of the procedure. Did Dr. Malik even record anything in the computer? Totally unacceptable
in Mount Airy, MD |
Dr. Malik has a heart of gold. He understands pain and more importantly he listenes to his patients. He takes a conservative approach and treats many areas of pain. Originally I was sent for endometriosis when he was in Rockville. He left and started his own practice and I have been with him since. I was hit on foot by a car and almost killed. He immediately saw me when I let the staff know what happened. Several bone bruises, herniated discs, significant swelling was just a few of the issues.
in Sykesville, MD |
Dr. Malik has a kind and gentle heart. I was afraid to have surgery. He made me feel safe. I had the surgery and I am so happy I did. I can take my dog for her daily walks again. She's happy I had the surgery too. If you have pain in your lower back the way I did see Dr. Malik you will be happy you did. Mrs. Lipman.
in Silver Spring , MD |
The most caring compassionate and effective doctor I have ever known. I am elderly and have seen many doctors.
in Germantown, MD |
Dr. Malik is very knowledgeable and was able to offer multiple treatment options for my neck and back pain. He reviewed the MRI with me and showed me the problems I had. I went on to have multiple procedures with him and he's excellent his hands which the nurses all told me about as well. He is definitely a physician you can trust and be treated by.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Malik takes the time to evaluate you and get to know you as a person. His bedside manner is that of like a family member after several years of seeing him he is a gem of a doctor. He will go out of his way unlike most to ensure you are getting the most out of your life. Chronic pain management is so stigmatized and misunderstood among the community. He has trained with the best and takes the approach that minimal procedures that provide maximum pain relief without being cut on. excellent!
in Stafford, VA |
I Loved Dr. Malik! I only got to see him once. That was in Rockville MD. At the current pain clinic I'm still going to after 10 yrs. He left this pain clinic. Sorry to say he left because, he was a true class act. He was such a great listener and exactly what to put me on has soon as I was done talking. He was right on target. I wish he would have stayed at this clinic. I would highly recommend Dr. Malik to everyone who needs help with out of control pain everyday. He's one of the best Dr.'s.
Have you seen Dr. Atif Malik, MD?
Are you Dr. Malik?

Compare Dr. Malik

Dr. Malik's Care Philosophy

Dr. Malik says...

Interventional Spinal Procedures

Endoscopic Spine Surgery

Spinal Cord Stimulation

Stem Cell and PRP

Dr. Malik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

• Chief Fellow - Harvard Medical School, 2003
    • Chief Resident at Baylor College of Medicine, 2002
    • Community Service Award - Haiti Earthquake, 2010
    • G.W. Bush Letter of Recognition - Operation Heartbeat: South East Asian Earthquake Disaster Relief Mission, 2005
    • Oliver R. Smith, Jr., M.D. Award for Excellency during Residency - Baylor College of Medicine, 2002
    • Top Docs, 2011
    • Top Docs, 2012

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Malik's Board Certifications

• Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Musculoskeletal Pain
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Graduated in 1993

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Malik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Malik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine

• Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Pain Management
  • Percutaneous Procedures
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection