Dr. Atif Khan, MD

Dr. Atif Khan, MD

General Surgery | Male

Atif Khan, MD, FACS

Dr. Khan received his medical degree from McGill University Medical School in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, in 1997. He went on to complete his residency in general surgery at McGill University Health Centre. Dr. Khan is board-certified in surgery.  His clinical interests include laparoscopic / minimally invasive surgery and he has performed thousands of laparoscopic procedures for gallbladder disease, abdominal hernias and gastrointestinal conditions such as colon cancer and diverticulitis. He also has extensive experience in treating skin and anorectal conditions such as hemorrhoids, anal fissure and pilonidal sinus disease.

Education and Postgraduate Training

McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Bachelor of Science in Biology, 1993 – Graduated with Great Distinction

Certification and Licensure

American Board of Surgery

Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Specialist Certificate in General Surgery

College des Medecins du Quebec – Certified in General Surgery

Preceptor of the Year – 2007 and 2009

National Science and Engineering Research Council Summer Research

Scholarship – 1992 and 1993

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales' Canada Scholarship in Biological Sciences – 1990, 1991 and 1992

J. W. McConnell Award – 1990

Dr. Khan's Experience

See how Dr. Khan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Khan

Dr. Khan accepts 3 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Khan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Khan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Khan to family and friends
Dr. Khan's Performance
in Acton, MA |
My experience with Dr. Khan was great. He was extremely responsive, informative, patient and very tolerant of nervous family members. He was very kind to my worrying daughters.
in Boxborough, MA |
Dr. Kahn made me feel at ease straight away. In fact his manner was so engaging that I felt I should wait to submit my review to see if, indeed, his personality could be, somehow, a reflection of his expertise. It was. He operated at the end of November, 2015. My recovery was surprisingly quick, my pain [from radiation-induced adhesions and, by chance, appendicitis] was gone and has remained so. It is now May of 2017. Every day I thank my lucky stars I met this man. Thanks, Dr. Kahn.
in Sudbury, MA |
I recently had surgery conducted by Dr. Khan for dual-hernia repair. When I first met with Dr. Khan he explained very clearly what would take place before, during, and after he surgery. A few weeks later Dr.Khan and his team performed the successful surgery and I am now in week three getting stronger every day. No one likes surgery, but I would strongly recommend considering Dr. Khan if faced with surgery. He is very straightforward and professional with a warm personality.
Concord, MA |
Dr Khan is a wonderful surgeon. I went to the emergency room with severe pain in my belly. It turned out to be my apendix. From the moment I met him he calmed my family and me and quickly took me to the operating room. My recovery was nearly painless I can not say enough good things about him
in Harvard,MA |
I had an open inguinal hernia surgery performed by Dr. Khan that went very smoothly and little pain after. I was in and out of the hospital in a day. Dr. Khan is a skilled surgeon and very personable. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone contemplating this operation.
Concord, MA |
Highly recommended. Excellent pre-surgery information. Surgery itself was successful; minimal scarring.
in Leominster, MA |
Dr. Kahn performed the removal of my father's gallbladder today. Because his gallbladder was inflamed and large stones, it unfortunately turned out it could not be done laparoscopically when Dr. Kahn was operating. Despite being cut open, my father had minimal pain after and Dr. Kahn made him feel at ease, me as well! I 100% trusted my father was in great hands. Dr. Kahn is a very nice guy who is easygoing as well. I highly recommend Dr. Kahn to any person needing surgery!
in Concord, MA |
Knowledgable, skilled, and available. Explained everything in simple terms.
in Northborough, MA |
I met Dr. Khan while in the emergency room. I needed an emergency appendectomy. He was kind, courteous, professional, reassuring and prompt. He did my surgery that afternoon. The next morning he came to my hospital room to check on me and to answer any questions. My recovery time was very fast and I had only minimal discomfort. My mom is an RN and she told me that Dr. Khan has "gentle hands" which is why my pain level was so minimal. I recommend Dr. Khan to my family and friends. Fantastic!
in Groton,MA |
Dr. Khan performed a hernia repair operation on me. The recovery from the surgery was better than I could have imagined. In two weeks, I felt almost back to 100%. There was only mild discomfort throughout the recovery. It is a testament to the sill and proficiency of Dr. Khan.
in Lowell, MA |
Dr. Khan has a manner that put me completely at ease. He is experienced and clearly knowledgeable. The level of care was outstanding.
in Carlisle, MA |
Dr. Khan exceeded my expectation, he had excellent patient doctor communication skills, he advised me on the best course, and his top notch skills allowed him to perform an additional procedure for me during my surgery. I healed nicely and my follow up was quick and easy since he did such a good job. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone and would really like it if he could take care of my sister but unfortunately she lives in Florida. Thanks Dr. Kahn for everything!!!
in Hudson, MA |
Dr Kahn was on time, knowledgeable, personable and provided a surgical experience that was incredibly positive with a speedy recovery. On day 3 post op, I walked 0.5 miles and by day 5 we were back to walking 3.0 miles per day including hills. Laprascopic beats open anyday. Highly recommend Dr Kahn.
Dr Khan saved my life. From the moment I met him in the emergency room it was clear that he was the surgeon for me. His surgical skills and medical knowledge is only surpassed by his kindness and personality.
in Belmont, MA |
Very knowledgeable, confident, and took the time with me when I needed answers to questions (which is ever so rare these days!).
Ayer, MA |
Fast, relatively painless surgical experience.
in Marlborough, MA |
Dr. Khan is a caring and knowledgeable surgeon who explains things clearly, and has a great bedside manner
in Acton, MA |
Dr. Kahn carefully explained the surgical procedure and post operative expectations for my Inguinal Hernia repair. He was also pro active in contacting me during my rehab on NY Eve with a reaction which I developed to the pain medication. Outstanding medically skilled professional with a caring, efficient and professional support staff.
in Harvard, MA |
Dr. Khan is very competent and easy to deal with. The hernia surgery went well. He made every effort to allow me to go home without a catheter (which I did not need when I got home.) Recovery was quick (despite my being 70 years old). His office staff had a cancellation and my surgery was less than a week after my initial office consultation (amazing). He answered all my questions and concerns at the follow-up visit about 2 weeks after the surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Atif Khan, MD?
Are you Dr. Khan?

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

J. W. McConnell Award – 1990

Dr. Khan's Care Philosophy

Atif Khan, MD, FACS

Dr. Khan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Khan has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Khan's Board Certifications

• Liver Cancer
  • Lung Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion

Completed in 1998

Completed in 2002

Graduated in 1993

• French

Dr. Khan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery
  • Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor