Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD

Dr. Iqbal
Telehealth services available

New Life Surgery, Fountain Valley, CA

18225 Brookhurst St Ste 5 Fountain Valley, CA 92708

Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Fountain Valley, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Anaheim Global Medical Center and Chapman Global Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Iqbal to book an appointment.

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Iqbal with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Iqbal's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Iqbal

4.2

Dr. Iqbal

Dr. Iqbal is amazing! As well as Dr. Nguyen! Both of them are incredible! My life has been transformed and I am able to have a better quality of life! I had a hiatal hernia and he was able to identify it during my first conversation with him and he assured me it was going to be ok. My request was to have it at my home hospital, which his office was able to arrange and assisted me with all the listed requirements, as well as the specific accommodations I had previously requested. The communication at the Front Desk was incredible as well, as I called and sent e-mails, and the elite team always were able to follow thru. I feel this team of elite professionals needs to have some bright light on them, because they really have improved my life in so many ways! Prior to the operation, Dr. Iqbal came to see me b4 & after the surgery as well. He also spoke to my mom leaving her at ease. Thank you to all, but especially to Dr. Iqbal and Dr. Nguyen for your blessed hands. God bless you always!
Laura Hernandez – Jun 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
Dr. Iqbal and his team are exceptional! From the initial appointment being scheduled all the way to post-op, Dr. Iqbal and his team were welcoming, professional, knowledgeable, and really went the extra mile to give me all the information and work with my insurance company. I was diagnosed with a large, hiatal hernia of which 70% of my stomach was in my chest cavity, attached to my lung. Prior to scheduling surgery, Dr. Iqbal was very thorough in his questioning, explanations and treatment plan. Dr. Iqbal skillfully performed the fundoplication surgery to repair my stomach and esophagus on July 30, 2019. All facets of the fundoplication procedure went off without a hitch -- as I was in great hands. He is an absolutely awesome doctor and extremely talented, but he is also very kind, compassionate and truly cares about his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Iqbal and his team for his surgical precision, bedside manner, and peace of mind. They will take great care of you. Thank you.
Hiatal Hernia Repair – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
Let me start my review off by saying THANK YOU!!! Dr. Iqbal for saving my life.. I thank God for placing you into my life as my provider. A little back story on myself. I was a heavy child and adult most of my life. I was at the most weight 235 pounds. I was not Happy even thou I had a smile every day I was crying on the inside. I had low self esteem and cautious about the way I looked. I have tried every diet plan on the earth that was created and nothing could help me loose weight. I finally decided to take my life and health info my hands and reached out to my provider for a referral. I was sent to Dr. Iqbal and was quite nervous. Upon my arrival I was greeted by this amazing staff that he has. Jennifer and Hashim is AMAZING!!! They have great customer service and never forget a patient. I was taken into a room where I was greeted by Dr. Iqbal. My 1st impression was that he really cared about his patients. Dr. Iqbal assured me that that he will help me make the right choices in lif
christina fosados – Jan 11, 2020
Hallo
Imran ali – Dec 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
I had achalasia and suffered for 4 years. Dr. Iqbal performed my surgery. He was there with me the entire time and checked up on me before & after the surgery to make sure i was doing well. I am now recovering and he is still checking up on me and is very compassionate. I would highly recommend him. My experience with Dr. Iqbal and the staff at his office in fountain valley was extremely welcoming and really well. Very amazing Doctor with many skills and definitely the heart and care for others.
Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
Great surgeon dr.iqbal treats you like family hes there to answer all your questions. I got the gastric sleeve dine on feb.7 and I have lost 110 pounds in just 6 months very happy with my results. Dr iqbal did a amazing job I am very happy I got to experience this with the best surgeon ever.
Emily in Huntington Park, CA – Aug 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
I was refer to Dr Iqbal by my insurance and I thank God that he put me in good hands. Dr Iqbal made me feel comfortable since first day..he truly cares of his patients. I had my surgery on 9/7/16 I'm 9 months out and lost 136lbs I just had my 9 month Check up today and Dr Iqbal was surprised he hardly recognized me.. But it's all thanks to him that I'm the person im right now.. Thank you Dr Iqbal and staff Maria Alvarez
  • Long wait times
Maria alvarez in Anaheim, Calif – Jun 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
I am extremely thankful for Dr. Iqbal. I had bariactric surgery done on 7/12/2016 I have lost 100 pounds. I have had a great experience with him throughout the whole process. He also has great bedside manner. If you are considering having bariatric surgery I recommend Dr. Iqbal he will be right by your side through the whole process, he is very attentive and knowledgeable.
Ahilien Obispo in Buena Park, CA – May 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2017 and we came to Dr. Iqbal to obtain second opinion about her mastectomy. Dr. Iqbal is very friendly, professionally and explained to us very clear about the process and ordered all the tests needed for my mom's surgery. He even fought with insurance to arrange the surgery at our preferred hospital. His staff, Hashim and Jennifer, are always very nice and helpful. Thank you so much Dr. Iqbal, Hashim and Jennifer for saving my mom's life.
ThuyDiem Vo in Fountain Valley, CA – May 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
I was operated by dr iqbal And was amazing I'm on perfect conditions And he did a wonderful job. Hats off for dr atif iqbal
Javier Gonzalez in Anaheim, CA – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
I was operated on buy this so called Dr/Surgeon only to be told sorry mr taylor your hernia was so large that i had to get a other surgeon to help me and left me with larger hernia that i have to go and have surgery again
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
James taylor in Anaheim ca – Apr 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
I had a condition called Achalasia. it was so bad that I could not even drink water. I lost over 30 pounds in less than 3 months. After many testes, finally i was introduced to Dr. Iqbal. God Bless Him, He performed the robotic surgery, on march the 2nd of 2017 to reopen the muscles that were pressing and had practically closed the entry of any type of food into my stomach. i now not only can drink but eat also, without vomiting all that I had. a truly new life is what this surgery has provided.
Fullerton, CA – Mar 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
DR. IQBAL IS AMAZING I LOVE MY RESULTS I LOST 43 POUNDS THE DOCTOR HAS CHANGED MY LIFE 4EVER
Daneen Burtch in Long Beach, CA – Mar 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
Major infection after surgery and then made me feel stupid for calling him after hours about it. Poor bedside manner Arrogant Rude
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Cypress, CA – Dec 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
Dr. Iqbal is a very experience and caring surgeon. He gives his personal attention to each patient. He has the best team of nurses and appointment desk help take care of his patients. I had breast cancer. He did the double mastectomy for me. He has a great plastic surgeon team working with him. I am completely healed and thankful to have his care. He is the best.
Mary Wang in Trabuco Cyn. CA – Nov 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
I was so impressed with how great Dr. Iqbal was. I had such fears and he made me feel so comfortable on my first visit. Dr. Iqbal had to peel my stomach off my clavicle and put my stomach back where it belongs. I had a para-esopageal hernia and I'm really glad that I put all my trust in him. Great surgeon.
Jackie Armstrong in huntington beach, ca – Oct 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
Dr. Iqbal is an extremely caring and competent surgeon. He saved my wife's life after she was discovered to have a huge tumor constricting her large intestine.
ADD in Fullerton, CA – Oct 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
Dr Iqbal saved my life not once but 3 times. He is the best surgeon in Orange County, He is Knowledgeable and there is no doubt in his decisions. I completely trust him and will continue to see him. He deserves more than 5+ stars!!!!! Thank you Dr. Iqbal you are the best.
Reyna Kelley in Garden Grove, Ca – Apr 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
Dr. Iqbal is an excellent surgeon with the kindest personality and a fabulous sense of humor to make anyone feel at ease when having to discuss such intimate medical issues. I had a double hernia for which doctor performed a type of surgery that only required 3 small incisions through my belly button and lower area. Only because is he highly trained in his field, was he able to do this type of surgery on a hernia and not have to cut me open with a long recovery.I highly recommend Dr. Iqbal
Huntington Beach, CA – Jan 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
Dr. Iqbal is a breath of fresh air---a doctor/surgeon with a visible heart for his patients. I have had no acid symptoms since surgery (thus no need for OTC meds), grateful I went through with the procedure and blessed to have Dr. Iqbal in my health corner!
Shauna S. in Garden Grove, CA – Jan 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Iqbal?
Provider explaining information to patient