Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD

Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD

General Surgery | Male

Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Fountain Valley, CA. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Iqbal is affiliated with Chapman Global Medical Center, Anaheim Global Medical Center, Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center, South Coast Global Medical Center and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center.

Dr. Iqbal's Experience

See how Dr. Iqbal's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Iqbal

Dr. Iqbal accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Iqbal has admitting privileges.

Dr. Iqbal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iqbal to family and friends
    4.3
    Dr. Iqbal's Performance
    in Anaheim, Calif |
    I was refer to Dr Iqbal by my insurance and I thank God that he put me in good hands. Dr Iqbal made me feel comfortable since first day..he truly cares of his patients. I had my surgery on 9/7/16 I'm 9 months out and lost 136lbs I just had my 9 month Check up today and Dr Iqbal was surprised he hardly recognized me.. But it's all thanks to him that I'm the person im right now.. Thank you Dr Iqbal and staff Maria Alvarez
    in Buena Park, CA |
    I am extremely thankful for Dr. Iqbal. I had bariactric surgery done on 7/12/2016 I have lost 100 pounds. I have had a great experience with him throughout the whole process. He also has great bedside manner. If you are considering having bariatric surgery I recommend Dr. Iqbal he will be right by your side through the whole process, he is very attentive and knowledgeable.
    in Fountain Valley, CA |
    My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2017 and we came to Dr. Iqbal to obtain second opinion about her mastectomy. Dr. Iqbal is very friendly, professionally and explained to us very clear about the process and ordered all the tests needed for my mom's surgery. He even fought with insurance to arrange the surgery at our preferred hospital. His staff, Hashim and Jennifer, are always very nice and helpful. Thank you so much Dr. Iqbal, Hashim and Jennifer for saving my mom's life.
    in Anaheim, CA |
    I was operated by dr iqbal And was amazing I'm on perfect conditions And he did a wonderful job. Hats off for dr atif iqbal
    in Anaheim ca |
    I was operated on buy this so called Dr/Surgeon only to be told sorry mr taylor your hernia was so large that i had to get a other surgeon to help me and left me with larger hernia that i have to go and have surgery again
    Fullerton, CA |
    I had a condition called Achalasia. it was so bad that I could not even drink water. I lost over 30 pounds in less than 3 months. After many testes, finally i was introduced to Dr. Iqbal. God Bless Him, He performed the robotic surgery, on march the 2nd of 2017 to reopen the muscles that were pressing and had practically closed the entry of any type of food into my stomach. i now not only can drink but eat also, without vomiting all that I had. a truly new life is what this surgery has provided.
    in Long Beach, CA |
    DR. IQBAL IS AMAZING I LOVE MY RESULTS I LOST 43 POUNDS THE DOCTOR HAS CHANGED MY LIFE 4EVER
    Cypress, CA |
    Major infection after surgery and then made me feel stupid for calling him after hours about it. Poor bedside manner Arrogant Rude
    in Trabuco Cyn. CA |
    Dr. Iqbal is a very experience and caring surgeon. He gives his personal attention to each patient. He has the best team of nurses and appointment desk help take care of his patients. I had breast cancer. He did the double mastectomy for me. He has a great plastic surgeon team working with him. I am completely healed and thankful to have his care. He is the best.
    in huntington beach, ca |
    I was so impressed with how great Dr. Iqbal was. I had such fears and he made me feel so comfortable on my first visit. Dr. Iqbal had to peel my stomach off my clavicle and put my stomach back where it belongs. I had a para-esopageal hernia and I'm really glad that I put all my trust in him. Great surgeon.
    in Fullerton, CA |
    Dr. Iqbal is an extremely caring and competent surgeon. He saved my wife's life after she was discovered to have a huge tumor constricting her large intestine.
    in Garden Grove, Ca |
    Dr Iqbal saved my life not once but 3 times. He is the best surgeon in Orange County, He is Knowledgeable and there is no doubt in his decisions. I completely trust him and will continue to see him. He deserves more than 5+ stars!!!!! Thank you Dr. Iqbal you are the best.
    Huntington Beach, CA |
    Dr. Iqbal is an excellent surgeon with the kindest personality and a fabulous sense of humor to make anyone feel at ease when having to discuss such intimate medical issues. I had a double hernia for which doctor performed a type of surgery that only required 3 small incisions through my belly button and lower area. Only because is he highly trained in his field, was he able to do this type of surgery on a hernia and not have to cut me open with a long recovery.I highly recommend Dr. Iqbal
    in Garden Grove, CA |
    Dr. Iqbal is a breath of fresh air---a doctor/surgeon with a visible heart for his patients. I have had no acid symptoms since surgery (thus no need for OTC meds), grateful I went through with the procedure and blessed to have Dr. Iqbal in my health corner!
    in Irvine, CA |
    I had gallbladder surgery in September 2015 and Dr. Iqbal was the referred surgeon to do the procedure and like most people I was freaked out about having surgery and also is this surgeon going to get it done correctly with no complications.My pre-op meeting with Dr, Iqbal was great! he went step by step about the procedure and was able to calm my nerves about being panicked and freaked out and I could tell he really does care for his patients. I have no post issues and would reccomend Dr Iqbal
    in Huntington Beach, CA |
    I was referred to Dr Iqbal for a possible hernia. I visited him on August 24th. He exam-ed me, and said I had a slight hernia, but he also discussed the possibility of weight loss surgery. He showed me all 3 surgeries that he performs and explained how each one works. He recommended the Gastric Sleeve for me. I was really excited about this, as I have been battling Obesity for many years. I weighed 304lbs at the time I first started the whole process. I went to the Fountain Valley Surgical Weigh
    Have you seen Dr. Atif Iqbal, MD?
    Are you Dr. Iqbal?

Dr. Iqbal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
    •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Iqbal has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Iqbal's Board Certifications

• Breast Lump
    • Carcinoma in Situ
    • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
    • Colorectal Cancer
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Incisional Hernia

Forman Christian College

Graduated in 1989

• Punjabi
    • Urdu

Dr. Iqbal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iqbal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery
    • Bariatric Surgery
    • Surgery

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
    • Appendectomy, Open
    • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
    • Colectomy