Dr. Athi Venkatesh, MD

Dr. Athi Venkatesh, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Athi Venkatesh, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Kingwood, TX. He is 48 years old.

19701 Kingwood Dr Bldg 3

Kingwood, TX 77339

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Venkatesh

See how frequently Dr. Venkatesh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anxiety
Major Depressive Disorder
Bipolar Disorder

Dr. Venkatesh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation

• Tirunelveli Med College Dr M G R Med University
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Venkatesh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Venkatesh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Venkatesh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Venkatesh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Venkatesh to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Venkatesh's Performance
    GOOD
Beaumont, TX |
This guy is a Quack. You are a fool if you let him treat you.
in Kingwood, TX |
I met with NP P. Thuo. She was absolutely amazing. She actively listened, seemed genuinely concerned, and she didn't hesitate to provide the support that I needed. It was a really good experience for me, and I look forward to continuing my treatment with her.
in Trinity, TX |
Today was my first visit. I was a little skeptical due to all be bad reviews but I can tell you my experience was worth 5+ stars. Not only was the receptionist friendly & welcoming but I was taken back into the office only after 15 minutes. My intake nurse was a breath of fresh air & he asked more indepth questions no other psychiatrist in my almost 20 yrs of visits. Please do not let negative people that had 99 great visits but only write a review for 1 bad day visit due to their own bitterness
in Humble, TX |
Writes prescriptions without seeing patient
in Humble, TX |
I needed a refill of my medication and caused the office. They refilled my medication and sent to my pharmacy. This was on a Friday. I went to pick up the medicine Saturday morning and my pharmacy was no longer in stock of the medicine. Certain type of med, the pharmacy can't transfer the medicine. I call the Dr. to get them to send it somewhere else and they say they are off. The medication I'm on causes extreme withdraws after 24 hours. He said he didn't care. 48 hours of withdraws...
in Kingwood, TX |
I enjoyed my visit at Dr Venkatesh Office. I had all my needs met and left feeling hopeful.
in Kingwood, TX |
Dr. Venkatesh and his staff are extremely knowledgeable, caring and professional. I couldn't be happier with the practice! They spend plenty of time with me to address any medical issues that I might have and take time to review details of the last visit. The wait time to be seen is average, but I've never waited too long. Any secure messages that I send to the practice are answered within the same day. Wouldn't change practices as I am very happy with this one!
Kingwood, TX |
Dr. V and the Kingwood Psych team has been amazing. My 5 y/o son has been diagnosed with both autism as well as ADHD, and on the initial visit they spent time (over 2 hours) speaking to us to really figure out the best course of action with our son. They are easy to access and the visits moving forward have been just as good.
in Houston, TX |
I have been with Dr. Venkatesh over 10 years now. He is my inpatient and outpatient psychiatrist. He is an extremely caring individual who always puts his patience needs first. I have the utmost respect for him. He has gotten me through some extremity low points in my life and has never given up on me. I trust his judgement and would recommend him to anyone who is out there searching for the "right" psychiatrist.
in Houston, TX |
Terrible doctor with a very discourteous staff. Would not recommend for anyone with any need for psychiatric assistance.
in Katy, TX |
Excellent!! I love Dr.Venktesh. He helped me overcome severe depression. I do have to wait longer than I would like but if that's what it takes to get the help I need them no problem. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. I highly recommend.
in Humble, TX |
He has the worse staff in the Kingwood office. One of the girls are extremely rude. Every time I had an appointment I saw a different assistant. I wouldn't recommend this office.
in Houston, TX |
This place is terrible do not waste your time gong here. I filled out all the paperwork they requested on their website. I provided my insurance information and was scheduled and appointment with one of the doctors. Showed up for my appointment and was informed they no longer accept my insurance. They had plenty of time to check my insurance information and let me know they no longer accepted it before I took time off work. They said I would have to pay $300 out of pocket to see the doctor. I r
Have you seen Dr. Athi Venkatesh, MD?
Are you Dr. Venkatesh?

Visit Dr. Venkatesh

Dr. Venkatesh accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Advantage HMO
    Blue Choice
  • CHAMPVA
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA