Dr. Athanasios Papastamelos, DO
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Athanasios Papastamelos, DO

Infectious Disease Medicine | Male

Dr. Athanasios Papastamelos, DO is an infectious disease medicine doctor who practices in Linwood, NJ. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Papastamelos is affiliated with Shore Medical Center and AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center - Atlantic City.

Dr. Papastamelos' Experience

See how Dr. Papastamelos' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Papastamelos

Dr. Papastamelos accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Papastamelos has admitting privileges.

Dr. Papastamelos' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Papastamelos to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Papastamelos' Performance
Pleasantville, NJ |
I would NOT recommend coming here. Dr. Papastamelos seemed like I was a bother to him instead of a patient. He did NOT introduce himself when he came in. He seems to be lacking in social skills. His staff seems like they are afraid of him. Fortunately, I was just getting a PPT for a job. If I actually had an infectious disease, I can't imagine this man being comforting. I will definitely find some other doc to do my PPT next year.
in Stone Harbor, NJ |
I was recently infected with C-Diff, and became sick very quickly. Dr. Papastamelos office responded with care and compassion and I was seen within 3 hours. Unfortunately, I had to be hospitalized, and Dr. Papastamelos visited me every morning in the hospital. He patiently explained everything that happened, what to expect, and my prognosis. It was a bit of a scary time for me, and I am indebted to Dr. Papastamelos and his staff for their excellent, compassionate care.
in Hawthorne, NJ |
I was on vacation and had been stung by a wasp. An unusual rash developed and it looked like an infection. Dr. Papastamelos made the time to see me and was very thorough. He patiently listened to what had happened and I felt that he really cared. I think he is excellent. And his office staff is very warm and friendly.
Egg Harbor City, NJ |
I saw the doctor at the ER. He did a brief check up and told me to schedule a follow up appointment. When I got to the office he announced that all my tests are negative (like I could not check the results myself on the web). Then he told me it was unknown virus and it would take its course and then I would recover. Really?! I have not seen the bill for the office visit yet, but I am sure it will be humongous otherwise how else he would make any money as neither me nor my family are going back.
in Linwood, NJ |
Dr was rude and blew me off. Tried to send me off to an alternative medicine Dr, a friend of his who doesn't take insurance. I went to another infectious disease Dr after seeing him and was tested and diagnosed with Common Variable Immunodeficiency. Dr Papastamelos never even tested me for it.
Have you seen Dr. Athanasios Papastamelos, DO?
Are you Dr. Papastamelos?

Compare Dr. Papastamelos

}

Dr. Papastamelos' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Infectious Disease Medicine

• Amount or Range: $250,000.00
    • State: New Jersey

Why It Matters: Dr. Papastamelos' Board Certifications

• Infectious Disease

Dr. Papastamelos does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Papastamelos and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / New Jersey School Of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 1988

Completed in 1993

Med College Penn

Completed in 1994

• Greek

Dr. Papastamelos does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Papastamelos and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Infectious Disease Medicine

Dr. Papastamelos does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Papastamelos and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.