Dr. Atef Mohty, MD

Dr. Atef Mohty, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Atef Mohty, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Scottsdale, AZ. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years.

10250 N 92nd St Ste 110

Scottsdale, AZ 85258

• Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Admar
  • Arizona Foundation
  • AvMed
  • Banner Health
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)

Learn about Dr. Mohty

See how frequently Dr. Mohty performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
high
Osteoarthritis of Hands
high
Hand Conditions

Dr. Mohty's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Mohty "I will prescribe treatments for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone...I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the physician's drug."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Dr. Mohty does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Finger
  • Dermoid Cyst
  • Distal Radius Fracture
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Injury
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Intra-Articular Fracture
  • Joint Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Sebaceous Cysts
  • Simple Fractures
  • Stress Fracture
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Open
  • Congenital Hand Surgery
  • De Quervain's Release
  • Excision of Cyst
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Montpellier/Faculty Of Medicine
  • 33 Years Of Practice Orthopaedic and Hand Surgery
    Other Education | Completed
  • Professorship Mayo Clinic and University Of Arizona
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Mohty has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mohty has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • French
  • German

Dr. Mohty does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mohty and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mohty's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mohty to family and friends
Dr. Mohty's Performance
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Mohty removed a tumor from my long finger and I am totally pleased with the results. Because I followed his instructions, I had no post surgical pain and no need for pain pills. He set me up with a physical therapist and to date I have regained nearly all of the previous mobility in my finger. Dr. Mohty inspires trust and confidence, truly cares for his patients and is a very dedicated professional. He is an awesome surgeon and I am sincerely grateful for what he has done for me.
in Mesa, AZ |
My PCP recommended Dr. Mohty for a “tendon release”. My first visit was for a consultation. My wife accompanied me. We found Dr. Mohty (and his staff) very friendly. He gave me 3 options: 1) Cortisone injections, 2) do nothing, or 3) Tendon Release surgery. 5 months later, I had the Tendon Release procedure. It was done in a top-quality surgery center. He lived up to his ratings. He treats his patients as his friends. He is sociable and humorous. I highly recommend Dr. Mohty.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I've seen Dr. Atef Mohty several times for issues with my hand and wrist. He's an amazing person and physician. He is kind, intelligent, and a wonderful listener. He explains everything in detail and treated me like a very important individual. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Mohty is an excellent hand surgeon. He has operated on every finger on my right hand over 9 years. I have not had one single problem with any of the procedures because I followed his instructions. . He is professional and knows just what he is talking about. I would recommend him to anyone who needs help with their hands. Excellent staff!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I recently had right hand long finger "Trigger Finger" surgery. I received my referral from my wife, Dr. Mohty had treated her in 2002 with great success. I must say he is a true professional and expert in his field. He explained my treatment, surgery, and followup thoroughly. I would highly recommend Dr. Mohty.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Mohty is extremely skillful in the art and science of healing. From his courteous staff to the care he took in the diagnostic process, listening and explaining conditions and treatment options, my experience in treating what was quite painful tendinitis was literally a quick relief. I found Dr. Mohty to be honest, direct, perceptive of my needs as a patient and was grateful to be treated immediately once a diagnosis was confirmed. I confidently recommend Dr. Mohty.
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Mohty is a perfectionist and passionate about what he does - after surgery, my son followed Dr. Mohty's instructions precisely, and we couldn't be more pleased with the outcome and healing!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Two weeks ago i got a (benign) giant cell tumor removed from my left thumb. This is the second time I have had Dr. Mohty operate on my thumb, I had another giant cell tumor taken out of my thumb about 7 years ago. Dr. Mohty is fun to talk to, a great surgeon, and he has a cool accent. I would higly recommend Dr. Atef Mohty to anyone with a hand problem. -Kyle 16
Scottsdale, AZ |
Wonderful experience with Doctor Mohty. My 14 year old son broke his finger, doctor Mohty was very helpful, informative and genuine.
Phoenix, AZ |
I was impressed by was Dr. Mohty's punctuality. Since the human hand is nature's most precise instrument, I took this to be a positive indicator of his precision and thoroughness of expertise. Do I focus too much on small things? Maybe, but this is what made me comfortable. I also liked the way he explained the condition of my wrist, my options for treatment, and his expectations following the procedure. His office and exam rooms were clean and his staff is polite and very professional.
in Pine, AZ |
I would not hesitate to send family members to Dr. Mohty. He is caring, extremely competent, deeply invested in his patients welfare and a perfectionist. I have had 3 surgeries from Dr. Mohty on both hands and in each case, the outcome has been exceptional. My job that is very physical and the relief from pain is wonderful. He is very personable and takes the time to answer questions, address concerns and provide exceptional care. The only Dr. that I would want to work on my hands, period.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Atef Mohty is an absolutely incredible doctor. I have broken my arm and finger and at both times, Dr. Mohty was able to take care of the injury without a hassle. I regained 100% use of my arm and finger without any further complications. Thank you Dr. Mohty, we need more doctors like you.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Mohty is a very knowledgeable and friendly. I took his time explaining what could be wrong with the nerves. He personally took the hands x-ray to insure accuracy. It was the best experience I had visiting a specialist. I would definitely recommend Dr. Mohty if you want to understand what is wrong with your hands.
in Cave Creeek, AZ |
When I called his office, his front office person was cordial, knowledgeable, efficient and professional. Dr. Mohty was kind and took the time to not only diagnose my problem but showed me xrays of mine & of his own hands for comparisons. He took the time to explain what I had and my options. He does not promote surgery just for surgery sake and offers referrals to other doctors who one might choose to used. When/if I ever have to have hand surgery, he will be the surgeon I call.
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Mohty recently repaired my trigger thumb. He also did surgery on my wife a year ago. He is a great doctor with great customer service.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Mohty is a one person office so when you see him you have his complete attention. I appreciate his straightforwardness and knowledge of how you need to be helped. He's very patient and is willing to explain his treatments. His front desk is always very helpful as well.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Mohty is kind, generous with his time, and a consummate expert. He went out of his way to make sure I understood what was happening with my hand and answered all of my many questions. He followed up with my other doctors and informed me of the conversations. I can confidently say that Dr. Mohty provides excellent care and makes his patients feel important.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am a very athletic woman in my 50's and was suffering from arthritis in my hand and wrist. I lift weights, box, do yoga, crossfit and martial arts. I could hardly function and was looking for relief. He took my situation very seriously and performed the surgery and got my in to rehab asap. I recommend him to everyone. He is fabulous. My daughter broke her wrist badly a year ago and I had her go to Dr. Mohty. We love the results and are back to full function. Thanks Dr M. !!!!
I went to Dr. Mohty for a second opinion given an initial physician recommended surgery for a fractured finger. Dr. Mohty determined surgery was not necessary. Instead the treatment was a splint and competent occupational therapy in addition to weekly to biweekly visits to Dr. Mohty who expertly monitored progress. Two months later no further treatment was needed. Dr. Mohty is extremely knowledgeable, professional and dedicated to excellence in addition to being caring and conscientious.
Scottsdale, AZ |
My 12 year old daughter had injured her finger in PE at school. I was able to book an appt. with Dr. Mohty within the next day. He and his staff were very professional and friendly. The wait time was minimal and when we were called back he saw us right away. He took his time with us and not only treated my daughter's finger, but educated us as well with the type of fracture she had. I would highly recommend Dr. Mohty for any hand injury.
Scottsdale, AZ |
I went to see Dr. Mohty after breaking my finger --- He was awesome in saving me from having to do surgery, Dr. Mohty reffered me to a great Hand Physical Therapist and they worked side by side to get me back to a 100%...Dr. Mohty was great in educating me on every step of the way and making sure I stuck to his methods of treatments. Also, the staff was great and flexible in every aspect!!
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Mohty takes his profession very seriously and has treated me as if I was his only patient every appointment I have had with him over the recovery of my fractured finger. He was open to all my questions and answered them all in a very friendly and understandable manner. 10/10 would recommend! The man is quality!
in Scottsdale |
My daughter broke her finger and we were referred to Dr Mohy. After waiting for over an hour to see Dr Mohty, he did not listen and talked over myself. Additionally the information he gave us on how to treat my daughter ended up being incorrect as we left and saw a different doctor. My daughter received better care and her finger is now healed. After leaving Dr Mohty she was scared and crying as he made us believe she would have a deformed finger. His bedside manner is terrible.
in Gold Canyon, AZ |
I have undergone three hand surgeries at the most capable hands of Dr. Mohty and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. My office visits were conveniently scheduled and always on time. The surgeries were flawless and totally successful. The scarring is almost impossible to locate and I couldn't be happier with the treatment from this kind and conscientious doctor and his staff. http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Atef_Mohty/reviews#ixzz4OF3qEgLA
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Mohty is the finest hand surgeon in our community. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and attentive to the patient's needs. He listens very carefully and exercises good judgment in patient care. I would recommend him to all my family and friends. Dr. Mohty possesses surgical skills in hand surgery that very few doctors have.
in Phoenix, AZ |
My husband and I love Dr. Mohty! Angela at the front desk is amazing as well, she is very helpful. Dr. Mohty was incredibly attentive and made both my husband and myself very comfortable with the procedure to be performed. My husband needed surgery on his wrist and Dr. Mohty performed it expertly. We would definitely go back if needed.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I just recently had carpal tunnel surgery. Dr Mohty was very professional and caring. He explained what he was going to be doing from start to finish. He made me feel very comfortable through the whole process. I would recommend him to anyone. In fact, I will be going back for the other hand very soon. :)
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Mohty was wonderful from start to finish! He is a perfectionalist which instills a confidence in his ability and skills as a doctor. Dr. Mohty was very compassionate to my needs and concerned with my treatment, surgery and recovery. I was in excellent hands. My hand after carpel tunnel surgery seems to be getting better, hasn't returned to 100% but I am hopeful. Thank you Dr. Mohty for your wonderful care.
in Tempe, AZ |
You won't find this level of genuine care anywhere else! From initial consultation to last appointment Dr Mohty and Angela (front desk) will be there for you, willing and more than that, wanting to help you get back to normal. Nowhere else will you find a doctor that doesn't have an assistant and handles everything himself. More than credible, he is the MOST credible when it comes to the hand (resume speaks for itself). I couldn't be more thankful for what both of them have done for me
in Chandler, AZ. |
I've been a certified hand therapist in the Phoenix valley for about 7 years, and know who to go to for any hand or upper extremity injuries. I recently sustained a severe right little finger dislocation. Dr. Mohty was able to see me right away. I did not require surgery and Dr. Mohty was able to relocate and align the knuckle perfectly. I'm extremely grateful to Dr. Mohty and trust him whole heartedly.
Have you seen Dr. Atef Mohty, MD?
Are you Dr. Mohty?

Motorola Health Plans
  • Arizona Foundation
  • AvMed
  • Banner Health
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) EPO