Dr. Ata Salek, MD

Dr. Ata Salek, MD

Family Medicine | Male

8830 Long Point Rd Ste 207, Houston, TX 77055 Get Directions

Dr. Salek specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Houston, TX. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Salek? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Salek's Experience

See how Dr. Salek's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Salek

Dr. Salek accepts 25 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Salek has admitting privileges.

Dr. Salek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Salek to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Salek's Performance
in Lebanon, OH |
Have known Dr. Salek for over 12 years now and my family and I see him like family. Yes, sometimes his staff are not the best as that is because he is a popular doctor and they can get overwhelmed. However he is truly a loving, kind, and intelligent human being and a competent physician... has caught problems that other doctors have missed, and he didn't need to spend 3 hours with me to do so!!!
in Houston, TX |
SOMEONE REPORT HIM! he doesn't write down anything,thus obviously can not keep track of his patients history. what upsets me more is his complete unprofessionalism towards his staff. staff wanted clarification on his patients previous visit with him (because it was BLANK) and he screamed at her publicly for the audacity of asking a question he wouldn't know, he then realized how he sounded and then screamed at her for getting a copy patient visit record without his permission and kicked her out.
Houston, TX |
on my. first visit to his office his diagnosis was right on target.he takes time to listen make appropriate referrals.and follow up on your treatmentsI truly trust his judgment.I love his professionalism.the staff is very warm and caring
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Salek is an excellent doctor. The low rating isn't so much for the Dr., it's for some of his office staff. There's specifically a new girl there, who is incredibly rude. She has yet to get my name right (after going several times), and she consistently hangs up on people. Also, takes forever to receive information about blood work, etc.
in Houston, tx |
I have visited this Dr abt 5 times over the past 3 yrs. Each time experienced a poorer one than the last, leaving Me feeling of little value to him as a patient. Dr. Salek is skilled but for some reason beyond my understanding he seemed to lack the ability to give me more than 2-3 minutes of his time whenever he saw me. The staff was always equally dismissive. When I voiced my concern respectfully and stated, should I look for a new Dr? the attendant Jennifer responded by saying, ...ok hunn.
in Houston, TX |
Just called to make an appointment with Dr. Salek. The office staff was horrible. Very unsupportive and she even hung up on me. She stated her office required that Dr. Salek be selected as the primary on my card. I told her I didn't need one because I have a PPO. She said ok we'll check it when you arrive. I asked her if she would like to check ahead of time if I gave her the information. She stated no, we'll check when you get here. I asked her to cancel appointment and she hung up on me.
in Houston, TX |
Love, Love this Doctor. He was my family Doctor to many of my aunts and uncles and even parents. He has been a Spring Branch Dr. for many years and the only one left is my mom and she still goes to him. I would if I lived closer to his office. Truly what a doctor should be! He treats the whole person. Thanks Dr. Salek for all you have done for my family!
Have you seen Dr. Ata Salek, MD?
Are you Dr. Salek?

Compare Dr. Salek

Dr. Salek's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Salek does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Salek and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of Damascus, Faculty Of Medicine
    Detroit Macomb Hosps Corp

Dr. Salek does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salek and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Salek does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Salek and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.