Dr. Asma Anwar, MD

HematologyFemaleAge 38

Hematology

Dr. Asma Anwar, MD is a Hematology Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA. She is affiliated with Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Asma Anwar, MD

Compare Dr. Asma Anwar, MD with other Hematology Specialists near you

Dr. Anwar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Anwar

Awesome (Dr) Asme Anwar
My Dad developed a blood clot after a long car ride to Vegas. We followed up with Dr Anwar. She is very knowledgeable, professional but friendly and Human. She took great care of my Dad. He loved visiting her and having her agree with him that, just like Mary Poppins, "he's practically perfect." I enjoyed those visits as well. I love that Dr Anwar speaks in very relatable, non medical English. That she was careful to make sure this was a "one off event caused by a mechanical event." As an RN I am used to having to translate to normal speak doctor's language. It was great to be able to be just the daughter during our visits. I felt very comfortable with her care and treatment plan. I highly recommend this doctor for anyone in need of a Hematologist. If only all physicians were "as Practically Perfect" as Dr. Asma Anwar.
Mary Temple, BSN RN CPAN – Jan 10, 2023
Great Doctor
I love Dr. Anwar, she really takes time to explain my conditions with me as well as my treatment options. I always have a great visit with her, she is knowledgeable, efficient & personable. I highly recommend her!
Stacie Schuck – Oct 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
My experience as Dr Anwar's patient.
Dr Anwar has reduced my anxiety, clearly explained my condition, options, and treatment in a caring and respectful manner. Under her supervision I've received the best possible care.
Susan Jane Rosas – Oct 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
Very knowledgeable, thorough and optimistic!
I am very happy with the care I have been give by Dr Asma Anwar. She has been very thorough and has explained by illness in ways that I can understand. Additionally, she has, through her explanations given me hope for a long and productive life. She makes me feel that she cares about me. Thank you Dr Anwar for all that you have done for me!
Chuck – Sep 15, 2022
Absolutely THE BEST!
Dr. Anwar is in a class of her own-she is extremely knowledgeable, thoughtful and so very, very kind. She truly loves her profession and provides the best of care for her patients! I appreciate her sense of humor and personally thank her for her care.
Superman – Sep 15, 2022
Patient for life!
I have been under the care of Dr. Anwar for several months and have received excellent treatment. She is an active listener, and is attentive to the needs of her patients. She provides complete explanations regarding my health, and genuinely cares about my well-being. She is truly top-notched in her field.
Happy Patient – Sep 14, 2022
Thorough Doctor
I was an urgent referral to Doctor Anwar and she made time in her booked up schedule to see me. She listened to my symptoms and carefully reviewed my medical notes and blood work. Dr. Anwar immediately addressed my deficiencies and I feel so much better now. Several of my prior symptoms subsided and I am asking my family members with similar health concerns to see this Doctor. She has such a positive energy and is very informative and listens well.
Sep 13, 2022
Dr. Anwar is fantastic.
Dr. Asma Anwar is an outstanding oncology hematologist. She is compassionate, thorough in her analysis of your test results, and really good at being able to explain your condition in both precise medical terminology and in ordinary language you can understand. More than anything, she treats you not only as a patient, but as a human being going through something very stressful. I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Anwar and recommend her fully to anyone.
Ross Brown – Sep 07, 2022
Superb Oncologist
I recently accompanied my developmentally challenged sister to her oncology appointment with Dr. Anwar. My sister was suffering from very low iron, and Dr. Anwar suggested two treatments of an iron drip infusion to bring my sister’s iron back up to normal range. It worked! We were elated to hear my sister’s latest blood tests came back normal. But more importantly, my sister is feeling a whole lot better. I was greatly impressed by Dr. Anwar’s caring and compassionate approach in communicating with my sister who is afraid of all things medical. Dr. Anwar’s upbeat, positive approach, coupled with her intelligence and understanding, helped to restore my sister’s health. I highly recommend Dr. Anwar to anyone in need of an oncologist.
G.J. – Sep 07, 2022
Knowledgeable Physician
Dr. Anwar is friendly, knowledgeable and has been very helpful to me as I undergo cancer treatment.
Max N. – Sep 04, 2022
Excellent, Caring Oncologist
I had an ocular melanoma, and was referred by my excellent primary care physician to Dr. Anwar, and I’m so happy I was referred to her. She is both incredibly kind and deeply informed. My cancer is pretty rare, and she was able to help me understand my own cancer and treatment. She’s a fantastic physician in every way.
Christopher Dean – Sep 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
A very intelligent, compassionate doctor
Dr Anwar is a compassionate, caring oncologist , who made me feel very comfortable, and who could explain to me in easy terms, the condition of my health. I trust her and I highly recommend her services to others,
Judith Hamilton – Aug 30, 2022
Awesome Doctor!
She is very personable.She listens to my concerns and is very thorough with her evaluations.She takes her time I never feel rushed. I am very happy to have her as my Doctor!
Nancy Beauchamp – Aug 30, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
I've now had several visits. At each one she was on time, friendly, very clear in her explanations, and encouraging. We had plenty of time together, and I felt that she had a genuine interest in me and my well being.
Aug 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
My experience could not have been better
My internist discovered a blood condition during a routine exam that could have had several causes, some of which were scary. Dr. Anwar was charged with figuring out what lay behind it. She put me through a battery of tests, explaining to me what each might reveal. I'm a "no BS" guy, and she was admirably frank but considerate. In the end, the diagnosis was what she had guessed from the very start--a diagnosis of exclusion. It is a not-uncommon condition for which medicine has no good scientific explanation, no cure, and no attractive treatments. However, it also poses no serious near term risks, and at my age it is unlikely to cause me grief. Even so, she continues to monitor me regularly to make sure nothing changes in that prognosis. I am grateful for physicians who take a personal interest in me, ask about my background and experiences, share some of their own, and are willing to create a caring relationship. When they also, like Dr. Anwar, are smart as a whip, that's perfect.
Denis – Aug 24, 2022
Amazing!
Dr. Anwar is excellent. She is kind, caring, knowledgeable, a great communicator, and personable. She always puts my mind at ease when I meet with her. I can't recommend her highly enough.
Brandon – Aug 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
Dr Anwar has been great in every step of the testing, diagnosing, and treatment of my cancer. Her diagnosis and treatment have been spot on. She is extremely knowledgeable and shares her knowledge so I was able to understand about my specific type of cancer and why she selected my type of treatment. She follows the science behind the Lab visits and other testing which makes me very comfortable to be in her care. It has already been a 6 month journey since my original diagnosis. I feel fortunate to be in her care. I highly recommend Dr. Anwar.
Brent Lindstrom – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
Dr. Anwar is dangerous in the way that she takes patients (critical) care so lightly, she misses diagnosis of spread of cancer and then casually tells them “not to worry”. She scheduled us to receive results of last PET scan over 3 weeks after it was taken because she was on vacation again, and then asks us “what took so long to get in” during our appointment. She is unaware of which of her colleagues is performing her patients treatments and she is often not prepared with test results during patient appointments. She does not follow up with patients regarding their treatment and well being and she is truly a dangerous oncologist to have. PLEASE seek another’s opinion if you fall into the hands of Dr. Anwar.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
Dr. Anwar has been great! She is very kind and has a genuine patient approach. She is very clear in her communications regarding my condition and explains every step of my treatment and diagnosis. Scheduling is never an issue and her front office staff is outstanding.
Daniel – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
Compassionate. Kind. Caring. Fantastic. Honest. Available. Smart. Uptodate. THE BEST!
Nancy B – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Anwar?