Dr. Asma Anwar, MD

Dr. Asma Anwar, MD

Hematology & Oncology  |

Dr. Asma Anwar, MD is a hematology & oncology doctor who practices in Gilbert, AZ. She is 37 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Anwar is affiliated with Dignity Health - Chandler Regional Medical Center and Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.

Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers

3686 S Rome St

Gilbert, AZ 85297

• AARP
  • Altec
  • Ameriben
  • American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • AZ Health Concepts
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)

Learn about Dr. Anwar

Dr. Anwar's Experience

Dr. Anwar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Hematology & Oncology

• Acute Leukemia
  • Acute Myeloid Leukemia
  • All Lymphoma
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bone Cancer
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Leukocytosis
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • Pancytopenia
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Thrombosis
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis

• Bone Marrow Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Kinnaird College For Women
  • University of Washington
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • University of Washington
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Anwar has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Anwar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anwar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Anwar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anwar to family and friends
Dr. Anwar's Performance
in Mesa AZ |
Dr.Asma Anwar is one of the best physicians I have ever encountered. She’s a great doctor who is attentive, amazing and knows what she's doing She manages to spend all the time with you that you need for an appointment..I feel so comfortable when i visit her.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Being diagnosed with cancer was terrifying, but Dr. Anwar helped ease that fear. She was compassionate and took time to answer all of my questions while providing me with the information I needed to make the best decisions for my treatment.
Gilbert, AZ |
Dr Anwar has treated me for the last 18 months. She took me through a very difficult time. I appreciate her professional and caring demeanor. I would highly recommend her.
chandler, az |
she did a great job. had a blood clotting problem that she solved
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Anwar is a very pleasant person. She is very dedicated to her profession and also has a sincere concern about her patients. I only wish that she was my primary care manager.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Anwar is professional, friendly and kind; which are qualities I needed from my medical provider during the Chemotherapy process. I had many concerns and questions. Dr. Anwar always responded, whether during the appointment or from my phone messages. I highly recommend Dr. Anwar and the Oncology staff. I am grateful for the care provided and kind concern shown by Dr. Anwar.
in Mesa, AZ |
When it was suspected by my family Doctor that I should be sent to an oncologist to determine if I had leukemia, I was scared and worried. When I made the appointment with Dr. Anwar, she explained in detail what the procedure would be for making the diagnosis. She was matter-of-fact and kind, which I appreciated. Since my diagnosis, she has been very reassuring and positive. She has dealt with several complications that I developed in a timely, professional and kind manner.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Anwar is a wonderful doctor and I highly recommend her. She answered all my questions and made feel so at ease. Anyone who needs a oncology doctor I highly recommend Dr.Anwar. I give her 5 stars and more.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Anwar is a wonderful person. She is professional, personable and so easy to talk to about all of my health concerns. She makes you feel so comfortable in every way as if you were an old friend.(She even says I look like Sophia Lauren!)It was very comforting to know she was able to treat me at then rectify my issue and sadly released me from her care as I will miss our visits together. In all my 79 years I have never met a doctor who has cared for me as Dr. Anwar and I feel so very privileged
in San Tan ValleyAZ |
Once I received my diagnosis of cancer, I needed to know who were the two Dr's that would be treating.me. Meeting Dr. Anwar was a pleasant relief, She is very knowledgeable about various cancers and the necessary amount of Chemo needed to defeat this disease. She answered all of my questions and concerns, She explained that the amount of chemo I would be given was light, to assist the radiation. I would probably not loose my hair not get sick. I felt calm after our discussion.
in Chandler, AZ |
As a retiree new to the area with an existing cancer diagnosis, I was very concerned about finding the right physician. Dr. Anwar was so kind and reassuring and knowledgeable about my situation. She easily facilitated record transfers and and medication questions as well as concerns for any other ongoing health issues. She is reassuring and and easy to communicate with. I am so pleased to have her help in this journey.
in Tempe, AZ |
Very good with diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring. Very upbeat - encouraging in hard times. Saved my life!
in mesa, az |
Dr. Anwar has been my husbands oncologist for almost a year and we are very pleased with the medical attention that he has been given. She is very professional and very knowledgeable about her field. She takes the time to answer our questions and makes sure that we know what is happening or going to happen every step of the treatment. She even gave us her cell phone number in case we had questions during the initial treatment period. We highly recommend this doctor!
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr Anwar has been excellent, no nonsense and straight forward to any answers to my specific questions. I would recommend her and this facility to anyone that has cancer for their service and their kindness. I am stage 4 and finishing my 6 chemo session and then on Lupron going forward. Thank you Dr for your help in getting me through this ??
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Dr. Anwar has been very approachable and it's easy to trust her for my needs. She is direct and reassuring when that is needed. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to other patients. The offices there are very efficient and the personnel very competent and I've enjoyed my visits.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
I was diagnosed with cancer in oct of 2016. I was referred to Dr. Anwar and have been more than happy with her as a Dr. and friend. She is caring, honest, and knowledgeable.
in Apache Junction |
Dr. Asma Anwar, MD is a kind, caring and enjoyable person that I have had the pleasure to meet during a very unpleasant time dealing with breast cancer. She is very sweet and always has words of encouragement, when I am feeling low. Dr. Anwar makes each visit bearable and takes time to listen to all of my questions and concerns. I would recommend Dr. Anwar to anyone in need of cancer treatment.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr Anwar is a very capable and personable physician. She takes time to explain my problem,what she plans to do about it and what I can expect. Her attitudes and knowledge give patients a sense of relief in the realization that you are in capable hands. The staff I have been exposed to reflect her attitudes of concern for your welfare. She is a Gem.
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Dr. Asma Anwar, MD is the most thoughtful and caring Dr. that I have been to in a very long time. I would recommend her to any person who wants to be cared for by their Mother or Grandmother. She is beautiful inside and out.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr. Anwar was my doctor through out my bout with breast cancer. She was always so sweet and so encouraging every time I seen her. She would even hug me each visit. And she always took care of any issues or concerns I might of had at the time. On my first visit I asked if I would have a team. She told me yes and started setting me up to meet each part of the team right away. Which was way nice to meet them ahead of time. All I can say is I loved loved Dr. Anwar. Highly recommend.
in Gilbert, AZ |
When I first got my cancer diagnosis, I thought it was a death sentence, but Dr. Anwar helped me through the fight and now I am a "miracle" survivor (her word not mine). Dr. Anwar is kind, compassionate, and yet takes a no-nonsense approach to my treatment. I trust her, believe in her, and know she has my health foremost in her mind. I would recommend Dr. Anwar to anyone seeking cancer treatment. She cares about her patients. She takes the time to explain your treatment and her staff is amazing.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago. Dr. Anwar is very caring and she takes time to explain everything and answer questions. I am very glad that she was the doctor who came into my life and helped me through my journey. Your rapport with your doctor is important and she makes it positive.
in Sun Lakes, AZ |
There is no doubt that I would recommend Dr. Anwar. I had just moved from Oklahoma City to Arizona when I began to feel ill. Had been treated for leukemia 3 yrs prior and swore never again. Endless hours of large containers of chemo for what seemed like days on end in Oklahoma. Was admitted to the hospital and Dr. Anwar was assigned. She assured me that it would not be as it was before, she was right. 6 mos. later PET scan is 100% better. I feel BLESSED to have her.
in Queen Creek, Az |
My wife has cancer which can be an overwhelming experience. The first time my wife meet Dr. Anwar she for the first time was given confidence in her outcome. I can't speak intelligently about Dr. Anwar's knowledge about treatments because i'm not educated about cancer treatment but by my wife's results speak for themselves. What i can speak about is the confidence and since of optimism Dr. Anwar gave my wife about her treatment. For this i will be eternally grateful. Thank you Dr. Anwar
Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Anwar is a breast cancer expert. I would not even think about going to anyone else. From the time I first saw her, she had me see an amazing breast surgeon to get surgery and start radiation treatment within a week. Dr. Anwar is highly knowledgeable, aware of all the cutting age data and is beautiful, kind and compassionate. She saved my life!
in San tan valley, az |
Absolutely amazing and caring staff!!! Went above and beyond their duties to help us!!!
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Anwar is kind, compassionate and knowledgeable and goes that extra mile for her patients. She is passionate about patient care and helped me through the tough time I had during my breast cancer treatment. Highly recommended!
Gilbert, AZ |
My initial visit with Dr. Anwar was fine. She treated me with kindness and respect The week following all of my labs and B.M. biopsy, Dr. Anwar called me and said Do you remember what we were looking for? I said Yes, multiple myeloma. She said, Unfortunately that is what we found. The next week she asked where I got my labs done. She hadn't even seen them! Then she said, You do not have cancer. You have MGUS. great news! she put us through a week of hell for nothing. I will not go back.
Have you seen Dr. Asma Anwar, MD?
Are you Dr. Anwar?

• Altec
  • Ameriben
  • American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
    American Indian Health Plan
    Care1st Health Plan Arizona
    Health Choice Arizona
    Mercy Care Plan
    Phoenix Health Plan
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) EPO
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) PPO
  • AZ Health Concepts
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benefit Concepts
    Cigna Healthcare of Arizona
    Cigna POS
  • City of Mesa Health Plan
  • Cofinity
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program (CMDP)
  • Compusys
  • El Paso First Health Plan
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Gila River HealthCare
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
    HealthNet
  • Lovelace Health Plan
  • Lutheran Preferred
    Lutheran Preferred PPO
  • Magellan Health Services
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Maricopa Foundation For Medical Care
  • Self Pay
  • Sierra Choice
    Sierra Choice POS
  • Sliding Scale
  • Southwest Service Administrators, Inc.
  • State Farm

Hospitals where Dr. Anwar has admitting privileges

Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
3555 S Val Vista Dr
Gilbert, AZ 85297

More Hematology Specialists like Dr. Anwar at Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers

Hematology & Oncology Specialist