Geriatric Medicine  |
Dr. Asma Al-Hamid, MD
Dr. Asma Al-Hamid, MD is a geriatric medicine doctor who practices in Grand Rapids, MI. She is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Al-Hamid is affiliated with Spectrum Health Medical Center - Butterworth Hospital.

1300 Michigan St NE Ste 103

Grand Rapids, MI 49503

• Priority Health
  • Spectrum Health

Learn about Dr. Al-Hamid

Dr. Al-Hamid's Experience

Dr. Al-Hamid's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Geriatric Medicine
  • Board certified in Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine

• Geriatric Medicine

• Geriatric Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• People's Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Englewood Hospital and Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Med College Va
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Al-Hamid has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Al-Hamid does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Al-Hamid and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Al-Hamid's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Al-Hamid to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Al-Hamid's Performance
    FAIR
Grand Rapids, MI |
I've been a patient of Dr. Al-Hamid for 7 years & have had, for the most part, a good relationship with her. My most recent appointment, however, has me searching for a new primary care doctor. After 7 years of being diagnosed with something, she tells me I don't have it after multiple (painful) tests. I also have heart problems and when I tried to discuss with her, she talked to me like I was an idiot and didn't know what I was talking about. She will also force the flu shot down your throat.
First visit Dr. Al-Hamid was great. Professional, provided detailed explanations, asked questions and was concerned about my well being. On a recent visit, the experience was completely different. She lectured on what I should be doing for my well being but never once asked if I had any questions or other concerns. As others have commented, she does not like to be questioned and was demeaning, did not want to discuss the topic any further and was done. She then left the room.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Al-Hamid is my primary care physician. As an aging guy, I appreciate that, in addition to her expertise as an internist, she is very knowledgeable about the aging process. She is very direct, practical and pleasant. She has always directly addressed my concerns and questions. With a recent cancer experience, she was professional, friendly and very supportive. I highly recommend her.
in Grand Rapids, MI 49504 |
Dr Al-Hamid is my husband's & my doctor. For years, we basically only saw her for our annual physicals. Recently, both of us have had more serious conditions that required visits to specialists & surgery. Dr Al-Hamid did her best to prepare us for these more invasive procedures answering questions, making sure tests were ordered, & assuring us that we would recover. Dr Al-Hamid is not one to only write a prescription, she encourages healthy behavior, which as you age makes all the difference.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
The front desk told me to go sit in the wrong waiting room. The women from the front desk came and found me and was very apologetic. When I saw Dr. Al-Hamid she actually had the audacity to lecture me on the incident. Dr. Al-Hamid was extremely demeaning and treated me like I was an uneducated adult the way she spoke with me. It was rude and totally unacceptable. Dr. Al-Hamid also asked about my career and asked when I would look for a job where I used my brain. I should have walked out.
She does not like to be questioned and is always in a hurry. I feel that the patient should be given enough time to express their concerns without being labeled 'anxious'. When a spot was found on my lung, during a CT scan for rib pain, she told me that was not what the CT scan was for; and, if I was concerned I should see a 'chest doctor'. I did find a pulmonologist on my own, but still needed a referral from Dr. Al-Hamid, which she did provide.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Al-Hamid is a really good doctor. During a regular annual checkup she found a small lump in my thyroid that turned out to be cancerous, detected very early, and was removed. For 6 years she's been my doctor and I strongly recommend her to anyone looking for an internist. She's also a very nice lady sensitive to treating all issues facing a patient, especially an older guy like me.
Have you seen Dr. Asma Al-Hamid, MD?
Are you Dr. Al-Hamid?