Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 50

Dr. Choudhry

"Dr. Choudry was the first psychiatrist that I've ever been to, so I was a little nervous to meet her. But once I sat down and we talked for a while, I felt really comfortable explaining what was going on. She listened, asked some questions, and we discussed multiple medication options and then she had me choose which route I wanted to take. During our follow ups, she would ask how life is and if the medications were helping. Days are consistently much easier after professionally seeing Dr. C."

Read Review

"I’ve been seeing a therapist for about 9 years now but just starting seeing a psychiatrist a couple of years ago. I have had three different pyschiatrists and only with Dr. Choudery do I finally feel like myself again. I finally feel as though my medications and dosages are correct and adjusted adequately. I am forever grateful for that. Would highly recommend her to anyone wanting help."

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Choudhry

3.1

Dr. Choudhry?
Dr. Choudhry's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD?
Very easy to talk to . She took time to talk through all options on course of medicine. Quickly identified changes needed in current medication prescribed and explained why. Started out with depression, anxiety, anger and moodiness with no energy. 2 months being on new course of mess feeling great, more energy and looking forward to tomorrow!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD?
Dr. chouhdry is a good Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD?
Dr. Asifa Choudhry is very knowledgeable, upto date, listens patiently, helpful, gives scientific facts, never rushes. I feel very comfortable talking with her. I believe she is one of the best doctors in mental health in Illinois. Good doctors have way more experience and knowledge about how our brain works and what could be the best medical approach.... I would advice to trust her guidance, she really has the best interest of patient in mind. She is truly amazing and wonderful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD?
Do not ever go see this doctor. She is rude and very demeaning. Doesnt listen at all. Could careless about how you feel. My brain chemistry has been altered by being on Ssri medication for too many years. I went to her for help and she made me feel like I was the most ignorant person ever. Bad decision made by Advocate. I thought they had higher standards than that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD?
Absolutely worst experience for my first time with a psychiatrist. She was not welcoming, very rude and arrogant , checked her phone during appointment, rushed through questions, interrupted, talked down to me, made me feel very small and ever more confused about my illness. As i cried she literally said nothing..... No I'm going to help you, no I understand what you are going thru. She may need some people training. Will never go back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Choudrhy because of a recent bout of acute bipolar mania. She has a terrible time with communication skills. She interrupted me several times and didn't seem to care about me. My biggest concern is that I have tardive dyskenisia which I believe was caused by all the years (12) taking Abilify. She just told me it was irreversible and actually raised the dosage. I can't believe she would not even be concerned about this side effect.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD?
Dr Choudhry is not an alarmist like many doctors are. She is proactive and open to considering your medical recommendations for yourself, but ultimately, she makes the final call regarding which medications are the best fit for you. She is caring, honest, a tough sale and doesn't always let me have my way like most doctors do. She keeps me in check and tells me no when something isn't in my best interest. I like that strength in a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Choudhry?

Dr. Asifa Choudhry, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Bloomington, IL. She specializes in psychiatry.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Choudhry accepts

Dr. Choudhry accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
HAP Insurance
Health Alliance PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Choudhry's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Choudhry's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Choudhry treats patients.

Compare Providers