Dr. Asif Ilyas, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Rothman Institute Orthopaedics 234 Mall Blvd Ste G30 King of Prussia, PA 19406 Get Directions
Dr. Asif Ilyas, MD

Dr. Ilyas is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon with a certificate of added qualification in hand surgery. He specializes in hand, wrist, elbow and orthopaedic trauma surgery. Dr. Ilyas has a particular interest in fracture surgery, nerve injuries, and "wide awake hand surgery." Dr. Ilyas is an Alpha Omega Alpha graduate of MCP-Hahnemann School of Medicine and completed his Orthopaedic Surgery training at Temple University Hospital. He subsequently completed his fellowship at Harvard's Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston prior to returning to the Philadelphia area. In addition to his busy clinical practice, Dr. Ilyas is a dedicated educator. He maintains a busy academic schedule which includes serving as an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Jefferson Medical College and also serving as the Program Director of the Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship. He lectures extensively both nationally and internationally. He has published extensively in professional journals, authored several textbook chapters, and serves as an editor for journals and textbooks. He is also a member of several professional societies. Dr. Ilyas has been recognized in Philadelphia Magazine, as well as, Main Line Today Magazine as one of the area’s “Top Doctors.”

...See Less

Dr. Ilyas' Experience

See how Dr. Ilyas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ilyas

Dr. Ilyas accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Ilyas is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Ilyas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ilyas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ilyas to family and friends
Dr. Ilyas' Performance
Philadelphia, PA |
Pain free surgery with good follow up
in Macungie PA |
An interesting experience for me. Had surgery on both hands and the results are great. Fingers are no longer locking up. I'm smiling....he challenged me to look at tendon in my hand....reluctantly I did and found it very fascinating and so glad that I saw that tiny component of my body.
Philadelphia, PA |
Excellent care from everyone. Made me feel calm and well taken care of.
Great experience
Havertown, PA |
Dr Ilyas is the best. I've been going to him for about eight years. He always listens and takes the most conservative approach if possible. Having said that I have had three surgeries with Dr Ilyas all have been successful. Jennifer his assistant is also great.
Lansdale |
Difficult to schedule urgent appointment. At visit, condescending to patient, splinted wrist fracture never unwrapped for examination, no viable pain management offered, no written instructions on do's & don't in care of the fracture. I strongly caution against any outpatient acute injury appointment.
Dear Patient, We would love to talk with you about your concerns. Our goal is to exceed patient expectations and we sincerely apologize for failing to do so in with you. Please call us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
Philadelphia, PA |
Nothing negative to say! Everything was pleasant!
Narberth, PA |
Excellent explanation of the injury and treatment plan by Dr. Ilyas. Excellent care by Jennifer, his assistant.
Newtown, PA |
I had bilateral carpal tunnel surgery with Dr Ilyas last year . I had a problem with anesthesia with a procedure at a different hospital and doctor . I am a retired RN who is a tough judge of doctors , but Dr Ilyas was great !
Philadelphia, PA |
I very much appreciate all the help Dr. Ilyas has given me for my left shoulder and left hand.
Philadelphia, PA |
Excellent physician and care by all!
Englewood, NJ |
After I spent 15 mins filling out forms which Drt Ilyas never reviewed, I still had to wait another 30 mins. He did not apologize when he came in. He then spent 10 mins quickly diagnosing my injury which was fine. My injury required a splint which he said "we are going to find out if they (Rothman PT) have the splint right now". He then handed me over to a nurse who nothing about my injury to bring me to their PT dept who also knew nothing about my injury. I would not recommend him
Dear Patient, We apologize for your experience and would love to talk with you directly to discuss your concerns further. If interested, please contact us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
Philadelphia, PA |
I visited another doctor who basically told me there is nothing he could do so i would have to live with the pain. I decided to get a second opinion which I am glad I did. Dr. Ilyas was the second opinion and he was great!
Philadelphia, PA |
Staff and Dr. Ilyas were nice. Thanks for repairing my right biceps tendon!
Pottstown, PA |
Dr Ilyas provided excellent, professional, conscientious, and personable care. I am completely satisfied with the outcome of my visit and highly recommend Dr Ilyas.
in Royersford, PA |
Dr.Ilyas treated my 17 year old son for a period of about a year for a scaphoid fracture in his wrist. We really appreciated that Dr. Ilyas started with the most conservative approach although my son eventually needed surgery and some additional treatment. In addition to being an excellent doctor and surgeon Dr. Ilyas explained each step of the process and potential outcomes in detail, was very patient with questions, and had excellent follow up and communication.
in Paoli, PA |
Dr. Ilyas is kind, compassionate and listens to his patients. He stuck with me to figure out the cause of an issue I was having. I would recommend him without question!
in Cape May, NJ |
After Dr. Ilyas operated on my right thumb in 2012 I was so satisfied with the results I proceeded to have him operate on my left thumb in 2015!!
in King Of Prussia, PA |
Excellent
in Coatesville, PA |
If I did not trust or believe in Dr Ilyas, I would not recommend him. However he has done 2 carpal tunnel releases, a nerve decompression on rt hand, arthritic thumb surgery and has helped me with injections before and after the surgeries. He is very professional and knowledgeable in everything he has done for me. I certainly will go back to him as I have very bad osteoarthritis and am starting to have some real issues in left hand and elbow. Dr Ilyas's Clinical Assistant Jennifer is also great
in phoenixville, pa |
Very friendly and professional
in Norristown, PA |
Outstanding Doctor. Highly recommend. Did an excellent job repairing my torn Bicep ligament
in Bala Cynwyd, PA |
Outstanding experience with Dr. Ilyas! My carpal tunnel release was so much easier than I anticipated. He was professional, punctual and delivered on all promises. I am back to living my life with no symptoms.
in lansdale pa |
Excellent. Very informative from start to finish and my 7 year old was very comfortable with him
in Eagleville, PA |
Wonderful experience. Highly recommend. Quick, easy, less pain and recovery than I expected.
in Perkasie, PA |
A few years ago I had a badly broken wrist. Dr. Ilyas surgically repaired it and 3 weeks later I was playing tennis. Still feels good to this day. I would strongly recommend him. An all around professional.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Fabulous experience! I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. He was kind and professional. Thank You so much!
in levittown |
Dr ilyas is absolutely wonderful I feel so blessed to have had this amazing surgeon
Philadelphia, PA |
very poor visits; creates medical terms and diagnosis to fit his explanations. Will not see again
Have you seen Dr. Asif Ilyas, MD?

Compare Dr. Ilyas

Dr. Ilyas says...

Dr. Ilyas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Ilyas has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ilyas' Board Certifications

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Rib Fracture