Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD

Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Philadelphia, PA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Sharan is affiliated with Methodist Hospital—Jefferson Health and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Independence Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Sharan

Dr. Sharan's Experience

Dr. Sharan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Spinal Cord Surgery
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Pump Implant
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Boston University School of Med/Boston Med Ctr
  • Thomas Jefferson University
  • University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Sharan has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Sharan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sharan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sharan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sharan to family and friends
Dr. Sharan's Performance
Telford, PA |
He has been my neurosurg for a number of years. Despite being a surgeon he actually spends time with you answers all your questions even some that you have not been able to formulate yourself. I appreciate his honesty and that he will discuss with y ou various options and if he thinks a procedure is not for yu, not safe or appropriate he does not hesitate to explain why and refuse. That is the kind of surgeon you want not one who will acquiesce to whatever he is asked to do.
in West Grove, PA |
I like everything about Dr. Sharan and the only reason I did not give him 5 stars in all categories is that the ease of scheduling appointments is not the best, but that is out of his control - it is difficult to get through to someone to start with and then you get transferred to another person who has to call back which can take days (which in my case it did).
in Tunkhannock, Pa. 18657 |
I have seen Dr sharan in the past, He has my complete trust, in his experience and treatment. I would recommend him to both family and friends.
in Philadelphia PA |
Rarely have I met a ruder man and never a ruder doctor. We waited 2 hours while he was with a family of five. Each of them got a half hour of his time and we got 10 minutes . When he entered he was abrupt, sarcastic and dismissive. My wife, who has been in pain for years, had such high hopes for this man and we were tremendously disappointed. At the end of the session he said and I quote "I am sorry to have met you!" There is no excuse for a doctor to speak to a patient, or anyone else like that
Philadelphia, PA |
He's a down to earth Doctor , he will let you know if he can help you. Dr Sharan will not operate on you unless he feels he can help you. Most doctors will say they can help you even if they can't. Hats off to Dr Ashwin Sharan.
in Morrisville, PA |
I am 60 years old with Spina bifida. I have been in ever worsening pain for the past six years. I saw neurosurgeons at Rothman, The Hospital for Special Services, Penn, they had no suggestions besides pain management and therapy. Dr. SHARAN immediately suggested stabilization surgery, as my L 4 was at a 45 degree angle to and half way off my L 5. Now my spine is stable, no one else would even discuss it.
in Mohrsville, PA |
OUTSTANDING!!!! Loves his job and his patients! Excellent staff!
in Norristown, PA |
Dr Sharan has always placed my health and well being above all else. He has never shied away from accepting the highest of risk procedures on my spine when other big name surgeons were hesitant to do for various reasons. He truly cares how I am making out well after a procedure and always wants to know if there is something that could have been done to make my quality of life better. I have had 20 spine surgeries due to various reasons and Dr Sharan is the only Doctor I will ever use.
in Coatesville, PA |
I have been with Dr. Sharan since 2002 and have had several surgeries for my spinal cord stimulator. I can only speak of a wonderful doctor whom I have put my trust and faith in. He answers all of my questions in a manner that is understandable and has a personality that makes the patient trust in him. The staff has always been equally as professional and willing to assist the patients and will go out of their way.
in Coatesville, PA |
Dr Sharan takes the time to answer all qanx explains everything completely. He has a good bedside manner but will always be hurrying as he is trying to by thorough with all. He has become a friend as well as my doctor and is concerned with all areas of my health not just my back. He will send me to another doctor even in his area to make sure I get the best care. I feel he is a great neurosurgeon and I have seen many!!!!
in Berkely Township, NJ |
Trustworthy, humorous, patient, candid, knowledgeable and inspired. I highly recommend Dr. Sharan. My 1st surgery was for removal of a previous poorly placed, non-functional spinal cord stimulator, replaced with a new smaller unit implanted in the lower abdominal area. Prior to this I was unable to walk around the block & 7 months later am now walking up to a mile (conditions permitting). My next surgery will be in the cervical spine with a 2 level removal and fusion.
in Devon, PA |
He saved my life and took care of me like I was his father!
in Limerick , PA |
Had a great experience with Dr. Sharan and his staff. I felt that Dr. Sharan was informative, up front, and communicated well. His bed side manner put me at ease and instilled trust.
Cervical Fusion; If you are unsure if it is the right time for a fusion, Dr. Sharan is not overly aggressive and on the other hand doesn't hesitate when it is time for surgery. He has an upfront and honest bedside manner. If he feels another procedure would benefit the patient he doesn't hesitate with a recommendation.
in Somerdale,nj |
Excellent Bedside manner,informative overall an excellent human being
in Philadelphia, PA |
Very professional and caring. Takes his time to explain your condition
in Mount Laurel, NJ |
Dr Sharan was excellent in every way... patient, informative, intelligent, calming and the perfect combination of doctor and understanding human being! My results were wonderful as a result. he explained the surgery and post op situation so I was well prepared for what was to come. I would and have already highly recommended him to others with similar back issues! Teresita was also a fantastic resource and helped me so much in my recovery.
in Lansdale, PADelra, Nj |
Exceptional, I wouldn't trust my spine, neck and legs to anyone else. Speaks to you like family. No question is a bad question, never refused to answer the same question over again, until you fully understood it.
Have you seen Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
Are you Dr. Sharan?

Hospitals where Dr. Sharan has admitting privileges

Methodist Hospital—Jefferson Health
2301 S Broad St
Philadelphia, PA 19148

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Sharan at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals