Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD

Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Philadelphia, PA and has been practicing for 24 years. He specializes in neurosurgery and neurological spine surgery.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Sharan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Sharan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Neurostimulation

Dr. Sharan performs Neurostimulation more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Sharan performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Implantable Peripheral Neurostimulators

88.13559322033899%

Dr. Sharan?
Dr. Sharan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD
I was very impressed with Dr.Sharan.In addition to his surgical skills,which are par none, he has an enormous amount of empathy for his patients. He really seems to take the time to listen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
Dr. Sharan has been my doctor for the last 18 years. We are always on the same page. He knows me and what I want to do. I have never been disappointed with the outcome of any of my surgeries. I will always recommend Dr. Sharan and Jefferson Hospital.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
Dr. Sharan has performed deep brain stimulation surgery for my left hand essential tremor. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him as a neurosurgeon and he has a great bedside manner, too!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
Dr Sharan is an extremely competent neurosurgeon who I have even recommended to my own daughter. His understanding of orthopedics combined with his understanding of neurology makes him an outstanding neurosurgeon. My case was complicated by numerous spinal surgeries, several spinal cord stimulators, and chronic pain which I am unable to take much medication secondary to chronic migraines. Dr Sharan was terrific in his thoroughness and allowing me to be part of the treatment plan. Highly rec.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
Dr Sharan has operated on my spine 4 times. I literally have entrusted him with my life and future, and not once, did I ever have a shred of concern for my health or future. I have RSD which can flare during surgery. Dr Sharan worked with my neurologist to not only cover my pain, but also minimize the potential for a flare up. So few doctors listen to other doctors, and sadly too many pay scant attention to patients. Dr Sharan makes a patient feel as if he is the only one on the planet.
Linda, we are very happy we could provide you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
I came to Jeff in 2014 in overwhelming spinal pain. I had been to other Neurosurgeons in NY who were unethical and unhelpful. Dr. Sharan placed a Boston Scientific neurostimulator in my spine and gave me back my life, literally. He is kind, genuine and a crazy-talented surgeon. i have recommended Dr. Sharan to everyone I know who suffers from spinal pain. Thanks again Dr. Sharan. I'm still doing great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
I have a spinal problem for years. I finally talk to Dr. Sharman, he help me and told me issue. He is there for me in every step. As like marriage as long as he can be there for me. I will have him there to help me. He is a wonderful and caring, considerate, person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Sharan. His surgical skill is top notch. His interaction with us, exceptional. He understands his patient's situation and communicates within it. Dr. Sharan is a fine human being who truly cares about his patients and his work as a surgeon and a teacher. I hope I will never again need any surgery, let alone neurological surgery, but should it happen; Dr. Sharan would definitely be my choice. Scale of 1 (worst) - 10(best). Unequivocally Dr. Sharan is a 10.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
He has been my neurosurg for a number of years. Despite being a surgeon he actually spends time with you answers all your questions even some that you have not been able to formulate yourself. I appreciate his honesty and that he will discuss with y ou various options and if he thinks a procedure is not for yu, not safe or appropriate he does not hesitate to explain why and refuse. That is the kind of surgeon you want not one who will acquiesce to whatever he is asked to do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
I like everything about Dr. Sharan and the only reason I did not give him 5 stars in all categories is that the ease of scheduling appointments is not the best, but that is out of his control - it is difficult to get through to someone to start with and then you get transferred to another person who has to call back which can take days (which in my case it did).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
I have seen Dr sharan in the past, He has my complete trust, in his experience and treatment. I would recommend him to both family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
Rarely have I met a ruder man and never a ruder doctor. We waited 2 hours while he was with a family of five. Each of them got a half hour of his time and we got 10 minutes . When he entered he was abrupt, sarcastic and dismissive. My wife, who has been in pain for years, had such high hopes for this man and we were tremendously disappointed. At the end of the session he said and I quote "I am sorry to have met you!" There is no excuse for a doctor to speak to a patient, or anyone else like that
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
He's a down to earth Doctor , he will let you know if he can help you. Dr Sharan will not operate on you unless he feels he can help you. Most doctors will say they can help you even if they can't. Hats off to Dr Ashwin Sharan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
I am 60 years old with Spina bifida. I have been in ever worsening pain for the past six years. I saw neurosurgeons at Rothman, The Hospital for Special Services, Penn, they had no suggestions besides pain management and therapy. Dr. SHARAN immediately suggested stabilization surgery, as my L 4 was at a 45 degree angle to and half way off my L 5. Now my spine is stable, no one else would even discuss it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
OUTSTANDING!!!! Loves his job and his patients! Excellent staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
Dr Sharan has always placed my health and well being above all else. He has never shied away from accepting the highest of risk procedures on my spine when other big name surgeons were hesitant to do for various reasons. He truly cares how I am making out well after a procedure and always wants to know if there is something that could have been done to make my quality of life better. I have had 20 spine surgeries due to various reasons and Dr Sharan is the only Doctor I will ever use.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
I have been with Dr. Sharan since 2002 and have had several surgeries for my spinal cord stimulator. I can only speak of a wonderful doctor whom I have put my trust and faith in. He answers all of my questions in a manner that is understandable and has a personality that makes the patient trust in him. The staff has always been equally as professional and willing to assist the patients and will go out of their way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
Dr Sharan takes the time to answer all qanx explains everything completely. He has a good bedside manner but will always be hurrying as he is trying to by thorough with all. He has become a friend as well as my doctor and is concerned with all areas of my health not just my back. He will send me to another doctor even in his area to make sure I get the best care. I feel he is a great neurosurgeon and I have seen many!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
Trustworthy, humorous, patient, candid, knowledgeable and inspired. I highly recommend Dr. Sharan. My 1st surgery was for removal of a previous poorly placed, non-functional spinal cord stimulator, replaced with a new smaller unit implanted in the lower abdominal area. Prior to this I was unable to walk around the block & 7 months later am now walking up to a mile (conditions permitting). My next surgery will be in the cervical spine with a 2 level removal and fusion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwini Sharan, MD?
He saved my life and took care of me like I was his father!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sharan?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
Aetna POS
Private HealthCare Systems
Private HealthCare Systems PPO
QualCare
Tricare

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sharan treats patients.

Compare Providers