Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD

Dr. Reddy
Telehealth services available

2nd Chance Treatment Center

16620 N 40th St Phoenix, AZ 85032

Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Phoenix, AZ. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Reddy to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

See similar Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in Phoenix

• Offers Telehealth

Dr. Reddy accepts

Dr. Reddy accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
Commercial Insurance Company
Health Net
Phoenix Standard
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Reddy treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Reddy's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Testing
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Detoxification
  • Detoxification Evaluation
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug Testing
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opiate Dependence
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Reddy's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Reddy

2.7

Dr. Reddy?
I have read some negative reviews about Dr. Reddy and they're mostly long wait times. If I have to wait several hours to gain not only my life but my health back, that's not too much to ask. I am thankful for Dr. Reddy and his staff. They're amazing and I appreciate them so much! Amazing doctor!
Chastity Willits – Oct 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Reddy for many years. He had been a great doctor for me. He has helped me to remain stable and on the meds I need when other doctors haven't. I love that he accepts Medicare. He is also very knowledgeable.
Leslie Handler – Sep 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
I have been treated very well by Dr. Reddy & the entire staff. Front office employees have been upfront & honest with wait times & try to be as flexible as possible. I am thankful that I have been able to receive treatment that works!!
Daniel D. – Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Dr. Reddy is such an awesome doctor. Friendly, fast, and knows his stuff! I’d recommend him to anyone needing his service!
Donna in Phoenix , AZ – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Dr Reddy is great. Most of the complaints are regarding wait time- there is a phone system in place so after your vitals are taken you can go run errands until you are texted to come back for your appointment. This is awesome for me! He truly cares about each and every one of his patients. I would recommend him to anyone.
Jamie in Scottsdale – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Wow, bad bedside manner, wait times 2 to 3 hours, forces you to come in every week for u/a even after being on subs for months. Rude, not focused on what is best or most convenient for the patient, only what is best for keeping the DEA and ATF out of his office, just trying to CYA and not his patients best interest! If you need an emergency suboxone script and can wait around for hours then yes the guy is for you,BUT if looking for a long term suboxone maint doctor then look elsewhere
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Eddie in Glendale – Apr 10, 2018
Dr. Reddy saved my life! No exaggeration
Jack in Phoenix, AZ – Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Dr. Reddy kicked me out of the practice for my first visit at 7:00pm. My appointment was scheduled for 1:00pm. Reddy claimed that I was "rude" to his receptionist because I asked for a refund when I saw that the charge was a total of $250. I was previously told that my co-pay would actually be $200. Furthermore. the co-pay should've been under $30 and judging by the comments on here and other websites, it would seem that he clearly charges exorbitant co-pays and has kicked several people who que
Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Reddy is deplorable doctor. His wait times are never under 2 hours for me.
Gilbert – Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Dr. Reddys waitin time is deplorable. The only reason he specializes in opiod recovery is so he can keep you waiting in his office to get your meds for hours on end
Gilbert – Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
This guy is a total jerk who clearly does not care about his patients. I am a physician who sent my son with bipolar disorder to him and listened as he literally berated him and refused to see him after he complained about a wait time of over 3 hours. I am reporting him to the board of psychiatry. You would think that a psychiatrist would be sensitive to the fragile nature of the patients in this specialty. Unbelievably rude and stated that he saw 45 patients in 1 day-equals poor quality.
Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
I felt Dr. Reddy did not listen to me. On each a appointment the wait time has been anywhere from 1 1/2 hour to over 2 hours. When I complained to him about the wait time he became angry and threw my chart on the table behind him. I was told to leave and not come back.. I would prefer zero stars but that is not an option
Phoenix – Nov 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Cold bedside manner, no more then a hey how’s it going, writes the script and says we’re done. Very impersonal for addiction treatment. Completely money driven, like others state, punishes you for using insurance. He seems burnt out and doesn’t want to be there. 2 hour wait to see him in a tiny, packed waiting room. It’s a very unpleasant experience and I just hate having to go there. Very limited options in Phx for this type of treatment and they know this and do not value their patients.
John in Mesa, AZ – Oct 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
This man doesn't deserve a star. He's always at least 2 hours late! Spends less than 5 minutes with you! He's a pill pusher and doesn't explain that the drugs he's preaching for opioid addiction are also incredibly addictive. I met addicts in there, one mother of 3 young children went into rehab because of him. Horrible doctor.
Phoenix, AZ – Sep 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
I have never experienced such unprofessionalism from a medical provider in my life. My appointment was at 1:30, two hours go by with no apology and Dr.Reddy becomes rude when I ask about the wait. Then, his staff had lied about the cost of treatment, which he then said would be double the original quote. He also charges patients twice as much if they go through insurance, and forces them to come in every week while he also makes them wait for hours with zero remorse. Truly a horrible experience.
Michelle in Phoenix, AZ – May 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Dr. Reddy is spot on with his recommendations. I would absolutely five star him. I've felt better and more stable since coming to him after leaving the hospital. I doubt my new Obamacare plan is accepted, but I don't care. I'll pay whatever to keep seeing him. Yes the reviews about his insane wait times (I'm averaging 2 hours) is true, but I don't want to see anyone else because I don't know if they will be as good.
Travis in El Mirage, AZ – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
They are never on time and you wait hours after your scheduled time. There is no room to sit you have to go outside. The girls at the front desk were always amazing although they were not there at my last visit I'm not sure if they are still there. If they are not this is a huge loss for this office. Dr does not seem to care much and just wants to push pills to fix the problem.
Scottsdale az – Aug 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Long wait times, money hungry, find someone else. Will stop seeing you immediately if ANY issue with money. Even considering I am dependent on the medication. I despise this provider
Britney in Mesa, AZ – Jan 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Dr. Reddy is phenomenal. I read some negative reviews and was shocked by what was written. I was on fentanyl and oxycodone for a pancreatic condition (which is extremely painful). Dr. Reddy gave me my life back. Doctors are usually assumed to be smart. Dr. Reddy is brilliant. I read on the reviews that a pt was unhappy he/she had to take a drug screen. Are you serious??? He can't do his job w/o all the info. And he doesn't drop patients if they're positive. It's simply for his own information.
Bryan in Phoenix, AZ – Jan 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?
Dr. Reddy has saved my life. I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis 6 years ago and found its impossible to function with a number of narcotic painkillers that left me miserable. I became addicted and lost my wife and my 4 year old son. Dr. Reddy educated me and started me on medications that made me feel like my old self. I am now able to function and enjoy time with my son 3 nights a week. Instead of giving options that may/may not improve various symptoms Dr. Reddy gave me my life back.
Bryan in Phoenix, AZ – Jan 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashwin Reddy, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Reddy?

Inpatient treatment is not your only option, and often times, not your best option.

Choose the alternative to inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient evidence-based treatment for opioid and alcohol addictions.

Our outpatient addiction medicine clinic approaches the treatment of substance use disorders with integrated, evidence-based plans. We are insurance-based to ease the financial burden health care can often put on patients and their families and offer an in-house laboratory for convenience and affordability for our patients.

2nd Chance Treatment Center is the first of its kind in Arizona.

Our full-service outpatient center for opioid and alcohol use disorders and co-occurring psychiatric disorders uses the most up-to-date medical and psychiatric treatments to help ensure effective and long-lasting recovery, with increased retention rates, improved outcomes and fewer chances of relapses.
Less...