Dr. Ashraf Hanna, MD

Dr. Ashraf Hanna, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 55 years old

I decided to enter the field of Pain Management because I understand that pain can affect your quality of life, dreams, and goals. Compassion and Experience are crucial in understanding the complexity of pain and the treatments available. As the past President of the Florida Board of Pain Medicine and have performed over 25,000 procedures. . As the only clinic in the state at this time I now offer ketamine infusion therapy for patients with RSD and Fibromyalgia.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Ashraf Hanna is Board Certified in both Anesthesiology & Pain Management. He is a graduate of Ain Shams...Read more

Dr. Hanna's Experience

See how Dr. Hanna's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hanna

Experience with Dr. Hanna
Dr. Hanna's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (84)
in Palm Harbor, FL |
I was afraid to see Dr. Hanna. I thought he would treat me like a lot of Doctors, "CHRONIC PAIN, MANY, MANY other health issues". Dr Hanna's Nurse is just wonderful, caring, and sweet. The whole office staff is caring and wonderful. I sat nervously waiting for Dr Hanna, and what a surprise when he came in to see me. He let me speak when I needed to explain my history. He would stop me to get a better understanding. Dr. Hanna is a lifesaver in my life in many ways. And I thank God i found him.
in Clearwater |
May know his stuff BUT the time wait is awful. Every time never seen within an hour. Expect to spend 3 hours in the office for a 10 minute visit.
Rick, we are very sorry for your extended wait times. We strive to give every patient the adequate care and attention and this sometimes compounds the wait times during a busy day. If you were satisfied with your overall treatment, we ask that you revisit your review and consider all aspects of your care with us. Thank You.
in Largo, FL |
The process for going to an appointment with Dr. Hanna is absymally managed by staff. You arrive for an appointment, pay your copay and go upstairs. staff upstairs do not rely on this information. I was ignored for two hours+ then told theyassumed I hadn't come upstairs because they wanted to be handed the piece of paper I had used as a bookmark. Another time I was called and told my 2:30 appointment had been moved to 11. And they ASSURED me I would not be delayed. I wasn't seen until 2:40.
We are very sorry for the delay in your appointment. With a busy office, we hope that you can understand that there are occasions where unforseen circumstances affect the appointment process. If you were satisfied with your overall treatment, we ask that you revisit your review and consider all aspects of your care with us. Thank You.
in Port Richey, FL |
Saw a previous pain doctor in Tampa who only spent five minutes and did not help me, until I saw Dr Hanna..the staff and him is amazing..Finally someone who takes time to evaluate and listen and is trying to do the best for my pain I am exsperience. I would recommend him to alot of people with pain conditions..he is great and I give a two thumbs up!!
in Tampa, FL |
I had lost all hope and wanted to just give up and bury my head in the sand. I couldn't believe that I was in so much pain at my age (44) after replanting two trees in my yard. I just knew I was stronger than this! Apparently, I was not as strong as I thought I was after all. Over the years, we lose our Core strength. I pushed myself too hard and hurt my shoulder, lower back and L4 and L5 and my right ankle and left knee. The shoulder and knee pain was manageable with injections and rest
in Clearwater FL |
I prefer an explanation by the doctor--not given a brochure and told that I can get information at different online sources. From the few questions he asked, It appears that the lengthy forms I completed were not read.I was sitting in the waiting room for 45 minutes AFTER I saw the doctor (for 5 minutes) in order to get a signed prescription.....and only after I kept asking for it. If this was a movie I would have walked out. I arrived early--I left 3 1/2 hours after my appointment time--
Have you seen Dr. Ashraf Hanna, MD?

Compare Dr. Hanna

Dr. Hanna says...

Dr. Ashraf Hanna is Board Certified in both Anesthesiology & Pain Management.  He is a graduate of Ain Shams University in Cairo Egypt.  He completed his Anesthesiology residency at Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, where he spent six months of advanced clinical training in pain management.  Dr. Hanna has also completed a Pain Management Fellowship at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

He had served as President for the FL Academy of Pain Medicine. He is also a member of several professional organizations such as American Society of Anesthesiology, FL Academy of Pain Management, American Society of Interventional Pain Management, American Society of Regional Anesthesia, and Member of Leading Physicians of The World.

He has co-authored several publications & was awarded first prize for a research presentation at the Cleveland Society of Anesthesiology.

With over 30 years of experience, he offers state of the art pain treatment for all painful conditions and has performed over:

• 25,000 epidural steroid injections, facet injections & spinal nerve blocks.
  • 5,000 radiofrequency ablations.
  • 250 spinal cord stimulators.Dr.

As the director of one of the cutting edge clinics in the state of Florida, providing IV Ketamine infusion therapy for the treatment of CRPS (RSD), Fibromyalgia and other various neuropathies.

Dr. Hanna's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hanna's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Hanna has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hanna's Board Certifications

• Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Sprain
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Myalgia
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Pain

Completed in 1994

Ain Shams

Graduated in 1987

• French

Dr. Hanna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hanna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine

• Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Thoracic Surgical Procedure
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.