Dr. Ashraf Guirgues, MD

Dr. Ashraf Guirgues, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Ashraf Guirgues, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Morehead City, NC. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Read his story

3714 Guardian Ave Ste E

Morehead City, NC 28557

• American Republic
  • CHAMPVA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Guirgues

See how frequently Dr. Guirgues performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Intervertebral Disc Disease

Dr. Guirgues's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Guirgues' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Guirgues "Dr. Guirgues is the director of the Carolinas Center for Spine Surgery which include a spine surgeon, nurse practioner, physicians assistant, nurses, and physical therapists working as a cohesive team."

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Guirgues does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Wayne State University
  • Charlotte Spine Center, Nc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Guirgues has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Guirgues has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Guirgues does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guirgues and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Guirgues' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guirgues to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Guirgues' Performance
in Newport, NC |
DR. G is the BEST surgeon! He did my back surgery and double cervical fusion. I was in the hospital after my neck surgery and could not swallow due to the drain in my neck. A nurse was rude I asked her to call Dr. G and she said to me was "He gets mad when he bothered." The next morning when DR. G was making rounds and I told him what said. He wanted the name of the nurse and responded "I get mad when I don't know what is going on with my patients." He found out the nurse and took care of it.
Hubert, NC |
Blade happy. Did okay neck surgery on my wife. BUT he did not do prior history review or necessary lab tests to show the existence of Renal Cell Cancer instead he carries out his surgery. Now during the surgery he has to do a bone graft, he opens the iliac crest in goes the blood and because of his lack of review my wife now has BONE CANCER.
Jacksonville,NC |
Had first visit with Dr. Guirgues today. He was very professional and explained my back problem and options in great detail. He took his time to answer all our questions.
in Newport nc |
Very knowledgeable and a great bed side manner would recommend him to anyone with back problems, he is right on top of his game Suzanne Lyford
in Jacksonville, NC |
I began my journey to back surgery with Dr. Guirgues in 2014 after many years of severe back pain. Dr. Guirgues did not recommend surgery in the beginning but opted for an approach of physical therapy, exercise and stretching. Only after we had exhausted every avenue and I was still in considerable pain did he recommend surgery. My surgery date was 6 months ago where I had a TLIF procedure. I am no longer in pain and have recovered 100%. I cannot say enough good things about this man!
in Jacksonville, NC |
Dr. Guirgues has changed my life. I have suffered from chronic pain for more than two decades associated with my L5 vertebra and surrounding disc and nerve bundles. Dr. G was the first doctor in 14 years to actually X-ray my spine in a position other than supine and revealed the true nature of my issues. I am 6 months post TLIF and am now DRUG FREE for the first time in over 10 years. I am following my exercise regimen and have returned to bowling at a competitive level. Thank you so much!
in Morehead City, NC |
He is very centered on providing the best service to the patient. Straight talking and informative on your conditions and realistic in assesing progress.
in Beaufort, NC |
Lumber fusion (TLIF) Oct, 2016. My experience with Dr Guirgues was extremely positive. He is a highly skilled surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone. No more pain and no post-surgery complications.
in Hubert, NC |
Lower Back surgery on February 1, 2016. Dr. Guirgues is to the point and explains planned procedures thoroughly giving both the pros and cons while leaving the final decision up to the patient but stressing his recommendations.
in Newport |
When I saw him he and I quote said I can tell that u r in pain, but I will do nothing for u. Basically as I was not surgical I was not worth his time. He said I would be in pain for the rest of my life and I needed to just live with it. I asked for a referral to pain management he never made a referral. I have never in my life been treated with such disdain he was rude dismissive and lacked any compassion. I not the only person to experience this I know of two others that had similar visits.
in Morehead City, NC |
My experience with Dr. Guirgues and the Center was better than I ever expected. Everything and everyone was great. Had bad leg pain off and on for 18 months. After surgery at Carolina Center for Surgery, have been pain free and back to normal life.
in Havelock, NC |
He is a great doctor and I recommend him to anyone. He made me feel absolutely phenomenal after the surgery.
in Morehead City, NC |
In and out microdiscectomy at surgery center.. No surgical complications other than pain controlled by meds. Dr Guirgues did an excellent surgery w/small incision. My problems started approx 1 1/2 years prior w/visits to another ortho who referred me for p.t. And steroid injections w/minor relief. Then wanted to send me to Greenville or Wilmington for surgery. I declined and went to Dr Guirgues and am I glad I did. Would highly recommend him. Gave me quality of life back.Can't say enough
in Morehead City |
Dr. Guirgues is an amazing surgeon that I would recommend to any person who needs a surgical procedure done, I am so happy that I was referred to him and Thank God for placing me in his care!!!
in Jacksonville, NC |
Dr. Guirgues is more interested in improving my lifestyle and easing my pain than offering a quick fix. I will definitely return for my follow up visit and I will recommend him to my friends.
in Beaufort, NC |
I have never been to his office when I waited less than an hour. This most recent time I waited over 2 hours before I actually saw the doctor and then he spent less than 15 minutes with me. He never reviewed the MRIs with me; just said he couldn't help me. I would never recommend him to anyone.
in Cedar Point, NC |
God forbid you visit him when he has more important places to be or things to do. By 16 year old was very upset by his lack of interest and his attitude of hurry up you are wasting my time. In addition included that she was a smoker! Really that isn't true and he presented us with someone else xrays to make his diagnoses. Her regular physician called us to let us know the incorrect information he had filed with the regular doctor and the insurance company!
Have you seen Dr. Ashraf Guirgues, MD?
Are you Dr. Guirgues?

Visit Dr. Guirgues

Dr. Guirgues accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • CHAMPVA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost