Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 47

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Hinsdale, IL and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from SOUTHERN IL UNIV SCH OF MED|Southern Illinois University At Edwardsville in 2005. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as AdventHealth La Grange and Adventist Hinsdale Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD

550 W Ogden Ave Ste 220 Hinsdale, IL 60521
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Darwish with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Darwish's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Darwish

Felt comfortable and confident
I made the appointment after reading the reviews online and am so glad I did. Every positive review was right. Initial consult made me feel confident. Dr Darwish and his staff at Western Springs are professional. Sarah Rehman answered the many questions I had post surgery quickly. I am 7 weeks out of lumbar fusion surgery and doing well. Can’t wait for PT. Thank you Dr Darwish
Norine Dalton – Nov 19, 2022
Highly recommend!
Dr. Darwish performed my cervical multi level discectomy and fusion. He and his team were incredible. Our consult was comfortable, professional and not rushed. He answered all of my questions. Nadine and Ashley were so helpful every step of the way. Nadine was so helpful and I was able to email her with questions. They also did a great job calming my nerves and Dr. Darwish had an excellent bedside manner.
Apr 14, 2022
Wonderful!
I had excruciating sciatic pain and went to see Dr. Darwish. He ordered an MRI and when the results of the MRI showed that I had a very bad disc herniation, he scheduled surgery for a few days later. I was so grateful I did't have to wait because I was in so much pain. The surgery went smoothly and I am now pain free. Dr. Darwish and his staff couldn't have been more caring, attentive, friendly and professional. I was always told exactly what I was to expect and what I needed to do. I would recommend Dr. Darwish to anyone who is looking for an orthopedic doctor.
Dana – Mar 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
After much discussion, concluded that surgery was the only option. How correct. Dr Darwish performed a very successful surgery. Dr. Darwish and his team are the most professional, informative, caring and friendly physician/surgeon group I could ask for. I highly recommend him. 5 stars
James Kucera – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish did great for me. I'm about 9 months out from a microdiscectomy and partial laminectomy to address a herniated disc in my lower back. It's almost like I never had the injury, and I was in very rough shape before the surgery. The bulging disc was pretty easy to spot on the MRI. Under Dr. Darwish's care, I tried physical therapy and had two cortico-steroid injections before turning to surgery, which was basically only needed to satisfy the insurance company that less drastic measures were not sufficient. The injections did help, but not enough to provide a good quality of life. I felt immediate relief in the nerve pain down my legs when waking up from the back surgery. Recovery was not too difficult. Taking time to heal and doing physical therapy helped during recovery. Now, my back only flares up slightly following significant yard work with heavy lifting and bending. It's probably normal at my age.
Darryl – May 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Everyone was prompt, safe, efficient, and courteous. Melissa started me off and listed carefully. Then I was taken to X-Ray right away and they could not have been nicer or quicker. Back to the room where Lauren came in, showed me my X-Rays, explained in detail what I needed to know about them. She went through various treatment options and we came up with a plan. I am so grateful and feel I am already well on the road to recovery.
george jacobs – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr Darwish and his team are amazing! I had lower lumbar back fusion surgery and everything went extremely well. It's been almost a month and my constant back pain and troubles are finally gone. He has truly gave me my quality of life back. Everything him and his team do are first class, from keeping in contact, answering any questions, scheduling appointments and everything about my operation and short hospital stay. I would DEFINITELY recommend him to anyone who has back issues.
Rick Heisner – Feb 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Ashraf Darwish is very professional, courteous and an excellent surgeon! He explains medical terms in simple terms so it’s easy to understand. He is very attentive and responsive, and his nursing and support staff are topnotch. My spiral surgical procedure went very well (without complications), thank God and thank Dr. Darwish! I’d rate him a 10 or 100 stars if that’s possible! He is both an excellent surgeon and a caring doctor/person. I would recommend him to my family, friends and to anyone!
ESugay – Feb 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish and his staff are amazing! I had ALIF surgery done on L4,L5 & S1. It’s only been less then two weeks since surgery and I feel so much better! The pain I had is completely gone and I’m pretty sure I stand a couple inches taller now. I had a incision on my stomach where they went through to remove the disc and replace with a spacer. I also have 2 incisions on my back where they put the screws in to hold the spacers. Incisions where done by a plastic surgeon who did a amazing job as well! I had my follow up appointment today and Dr. Darwish thinks I’m doing great! He also showed me before and after photos of my spine and WOW! I can’t believe the difference! I would highly recommend Dr. Darwish!
Stephanie Grace – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish was wonderful! Very caring and informative! Surgery was far less painful than I anticipated and I feel awesome just two weeks later! Entire staff is professional, friendly and has great communication with the patient.
Barb – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I was in excruciating pain for 2 years. The VA and other spine doctors said surgery wasn't needed and to just deal with the pain. My pain Dr. referred me to Dr. Darwish who actually listened to me and said the only way I would feel better was to have surgery. He fused my L5S1 on November 9th, 2020. Two days after surgery was the 1st time in two years I didn't want ro cry from nerve pain in my legs and feet when I stood up. I really don't think I could have kept on living in the pain I was in. Dr. Darwish made my life so much better.
Renee N. – Jan 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Had back surgery with Dr. Darwish in September 2020. Completely successful surgery, the pain I have had for several years is entirely gone. Good bedside manner, and he kept me completely informed. His staff was also very good, especially his physicians assistant, Ashley. The offices seemed well run; whether I went to Hinsdale or Western Springs, my appointments were almost always keep on time. Would definitely recommend.
Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I was recommended to Dr Darwish from another physician to address cronic back issue. The initial exam and follow up sessions were thorough and a very conservative treatment approach was taken (Therapy, pain management and ultimately surgery (spinal fusion)). Surgery was successful and the main pain and issues have been addressed. Post surgery visits and recommendations have been great.
Gene Davies – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Spinal Surgery with Dr Darwish in July 2020 and more than satisfied with my results. I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing back surgery
Debra Dortch – Nov 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr. Darwish and his team. I was referred to Dr. Darwish at the Oak facility in Bradley IL after numerous injections did not alleviate my pain from a herniated disc. They were all extremely informative and always made me feel like I was in good hands. My surgery went extremely well and and you can barely see the scar on my neck (Thank you Ashley!) I now have zero pain in my neck, back and arms and feel great!
Michelle – Nov 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Our journey with Dr. Darwish began at Orthopedic Associates of Kankakee with an initial consultation in July 2020. My husbands uncle had referred us to him after his consultation for a surgery on his neck. He had nothing but good things to say about him and thank goodness we made an appointment. After three long agonizing years of pain treated with injections and medications in which only provided temporary relief. Dr. Darwish was the miracle we’d hoped for. My husband had his lumbar fusion at Amita Adventist hospital in Hinsdale in September 2020. An expected three hour surgery took four and a half hours to repair the damage. Normally an MRI is completed prior to surgery but my husband has a cochlear implant that prohibits them. The device would’ve had to be removed which was not a risk we were willing to take. I feel pretty safe in saying the average surgeon would’ve been intimidated. Dr. Darwish is a true blessing.
Mrs. M. Ashkum, Illinois – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I am 54 and I had back issues, 1 year ago I had a spine fusion on my back, I am a hair stylist and doing hair is my biggest joy, so when I was wheel chaired into dr Darwish’s office, I didn’t like the thought of surgery but I knew at 54 I didn’t want to live in pain and be limited on life’s activities. I was really nervous when Darwish said you need surgery, but it was one of the best thing that I have done. I’m able to walk, sleep all night without pain, I can feel my leg and I am still doing what I love, hair. Dr Darwish explained everything in a way I could understand and everyone in his office is so friendly. I’m ever so thankful for Dr Darwish with the results of my surgery.
Patricia Barry – Sep 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Incredible surgeon and team! From beginning to end, the team made feel comfortable, they are all knowledgeable and explain every step of the way! I dealt with severe back pain in L5-S1 for 5 years and am currently in recovery from a MAS TLIF insertion and spinal fusion. I am so excited to have my life back! Dr. Darwish has no idea the quality of life he has given back to me and i am forever grateful!
Jennifer Stringer – Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I initially contacted Dr. Darwish last year due to hip, glute, leg, lower back pain and impaired nerve function. I was diagnosed with severe arthritis and spinal stenosis. After conservative measures were unsuccessful, I had a laminectomy on 07/08/20. I am now totally pain free, have improved nerve function, and basically have my life back! A big thank you to Dr. Darwish and his wonderful team!
Greg Newlin – Jul 24, 2020
Excellent Orthopidic Surgeon
John Kurowski – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Darwish?