Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD

Dr. Darwish
Telehealth services available

Hinsdale Orthopaedics, a Division of Illinois Bone & Joint Institute

550 W Ogden Ave Hinsdale, IL 60521

Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Hinsdale, IL and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Southern Illinois University At Edwardsville medical school in 2005. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Darwish to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Darwish with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital today at (630) 360-2663.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Dr. Darwish's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Darwish

Dr. Darwish?
  • Explained conditions well (77)
  • Staff friendliness (77)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (77)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (7)
  • Appointment was rushed (5)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (5)
Everyone was prompt, safe, efficient, and courteous. Melissa started me off and listed carefully. Then I was taken to X-Ray right away and they could not have been nicer or quicker. Back to the room where Lauren came in, showed me my X-Rays, explained in detail what I needed to know about them. She went through various treatment options and we came up with a plan. I am so grateful and feel I am already well on the road to recovery.
george jacobs – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr Darwish and his team are amazing! I had lower lumbar back fusion surgery and everything went extremely well. It's been almost a month and my constant back pain and troubles are finally gone. He has truly gave me my quality of life back. Everything him and his team do are first class, from keeping in contact, answering any questions, scheduling appointments and everything about my operation and short hospital stay. I would DEFINITELY recommend him to anyone who has back issues.
Rick Heisner – Feb 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Ashraf Darwish is very professional, courteous and an excellent surgeon! He explains medical terms in simple terms so it’s easy to understand. He is very attentive and responsive, and his nursing and support staff are topnotch. My spiral surgical procedure went very well (without complications), thank God and thank Dr. Darwish! I’d rate him a 10 or 100 stars if that’s possible! He is both an excellent surgeon and a caring doctor/person. I would recommend him to my family, friends and to anyone!
ESugay – Feb 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish and his staff are amazing! I had ALIF surgery done on L4,L5 & S1. It’s only been less then two weeks since surgery and I feel so much better! The pain I had is completely gone and I’m pretty sure I stand a couple inches taller now. I had a incision on my stomach where they went through to remove the disc and replace with a spacer. I also have 2 incisions on my back where they put the screws in to hold the spacers. Incisions where done by a plastic surgeon who did a amazing job as well! I had my follow up appointment today and Dr. Darwish thinks I’m doing great! He also showed me before and after photos of my spine and WOW! I can’t believe the difference! I would highly recommend Dr. Darwish!
Stephanie Grace – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish was wonderful! Very caring and informative! Surgery was far less painful than I anticipated and I feel awesome just two weeks later! Entire staff is professional, friendly and has great communication with the patient.
Barb – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I was in excruciating pain for 2 years. The VA and other spine doctors said surgery wasn't needed and to just deal with the pain. My pain Dr. referred me to Dr. Darwish who actually listened to me and said the only way I would feel better was to have surgery. He fused my L5S1 on November 9th, 2020. Two days after surgery was the 1st time in two years I didn't want ro cry from nerve pain in my legs and feet when I stood up. I really don't think I could have kept on living in the pain I was in. Dr. Darwish made my life so much better.
Renee N. – Jan 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Had back surgery with Dr. Darwish in September 2020. Completely successful surgery, the pain I have had for several years is entirely gone. Good bedside manner, and he kept me completely informed. His staff was also very good, especially his physicians assistant, Ashley. The offices seemed well run; whether I went to Hinsdale or Western Springs, my appointments were almost always keep on time. Would definitely recommend.
Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I was recommended to Dr Darwish from another physician to address cronic back issue. The initial exam and follow up sessions were thorough and a very conservative treatment approach was taken (Therapy, pain management and ultimately surgery (spinal fusion)). Surgery was successful and the main pain and issues have been addressed. Post surgery visits and recommendations have been great.
Gene Davies – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Spinal Surgery with Dr Darwish in July 2020 and more than satisfied with my results. I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing back surgery
Debra Dortch – Nov 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr. Darwish and his team. I was referred to Dr. Darwish at the Oak facility in Bradley IL after numerous injections did not alleviate my pain from a herniated disc. They were all extremely informative and always made me feel like I was in good hands. My surgery went extremely well and and you can barely see the scar on my neck (Thank you Ashley!) I now have zero pain in my neck, back and arms and feel great!
Michelle – Nov 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Our journey with Dr. Darwish began at Orthopedic Associates of Kankakee with an initial consultation in July 2020. My husbands uncle had referred us to him after his consultation for a surgery on his neck. He had nothing but good things to say about him and thank goodness we made an appointment. After three long agonizing years of pain treated with injections and medications in which only provided temporary relief. Dr. Darwish was the miracle we’d hoped for. My husband had his lumbar fusion at Amita Adventist hospital in Hinsdale in September 2020. An expected three hour surgery took four and a half hours to repair the damage. Normally an MRI is completed prior to surgery but my husband has a cochlear implant that prohibits them. The device would’ve had to be removed which was not a risk we were willing to take. I feel pretty safe in saying the average surgeon would’ve been intimidated. Dr. Darwish is a true blessing.
Mrs. M. Ashkum, Illinois – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Incredible surgeon and team! From beginning to end, the team made feel comfortable, they are all knowledgeable and explain every step of the way! I dealt with severe back pain in L5-S1 for 5 years and am currently in recovery from a MAS TLIF insertion and spinal fusion. I am so excited to have my life back! Dr. Darwish has no idea the quality of life he has given back to me and i am forever grateful!
Jennifer Stringer – Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I initially contacted Dr. Darwish last year due to hip, glute, leg, lower back pain and impaired nerve function. I was diagnosed with severe arthritis and spinal stenosis. After conservative measures were unsuccessful, I had a laminectomy on 07/08/20. I am now totally pain free, have improved nerve function, and basically have my life back! A big thank you to Dr. Darwish and his wonderful team!
Greg Newlin – Jul 24, 2020
Excellent Orthopidic Surgeon
John Kurowski – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
My son had herniated discs in his back and we were sent for a consultation with Dr. Darwish. He used surgery as a last resort for my son. After months of trying other options surgery was the last option. He performed it and my son is doing wonderful. He is an amazing Dr. From his bedside manner,explaining everything to you as well as any questions,to a wonderful staff. I feel very blessed that we were able to cross paths and even more blessed that he was the right doctor for my son.
Heather Hoekstra – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
He is very professional. Explained every option in terms I understood without talking down to me. I never felt pressured into surgery. i would recommend Dr. Darwish to friends and family. I would go to him again if I ever needed to.
Susan Breska – Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Darwish. After having 3 lumbar epidural injections and 6 weeks of physical therapy I was still in pain. I couldn’t walk more than a block or stand in place for more than a few minutes without being in severe pain. I went to Dr Darwish and he recommended an L4-L5 fusion. He took his time and explained everything to me. It took me one day to realize I could get over my fear of back surgery if it meant not living with the pain. I am 6 weeks post op and have no pain. I still have some restrictions but I can walk and stand as long as I want without pain. Once the restrictions are lifted, I will no longer be limited in what I can do thanks to Dr Darwish. Dr Darwish, his P.A. Ashley and the whole team are awesome. I’ve never had a problem scheduling my office visits and they are always on time. Dr Darwish and Ashley never make you feel rushed when they are with you. Not only is he a great surgeon, he also treats you the way you hope a doctor treats his patients.
Beth L. – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish preformed back surgury and I am two weeks post op. I can not say enough good things about him and his staff. I had the best outcome possible. He was professional, informatiive and always took time to explain the procedures. His staff is EXCELLANT !
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Patricia King – Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I did my research prior to my back surgery - new it would be difficult. Pleasantly surprised 25 days post op / staples out / no more OT or PT. From the first visit both were amazed at how well I got around. I give most of the credit to the surgeon Dr. Darwish. There was more going on in my life than surgery but I knew I had to get back to normal ASAP. His PA and staff are wonderful! Scheduling apt is easy. Highly recommend!!!
Kathy P - Bradley – Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I just recently underwent a lumbar fusion surgery performed by Dr. Darwish. He is an excellent surgeon. He is very personable and explains things in a way that you can understand. He takes time with you, answering any questions you have.
Mike Garner – Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Darwish?

The cornerstone of Dr. Darwish's care philosophy is to utilize surgery as the last option. He often recommends nonsurgical solutions for the relief of...Read more

Dr. Ashraf Darwish offers comprehensive care solutions, allowing patients to return quickly to active and healthy lifestyles.  His main interests...Read more

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery