Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. Darwish

Hinsdale Orthopaedics

4700 Gilbert Ave Ste 51 Western Springs, IL 60558

Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Western Springs, IL and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from Southern Illinois University At Edwardsville in 2005 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic neck surgery, and more.

Dr. Darwish accepts

Dr. Darwish accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Darwish's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Sprain
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laparoscopic Spine Surgery
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain Procedure
  • Neck Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament of the Spine
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

The cornerstone of Dr. Darwish's care philosophy is to utilize surgery as the last option. He often recommends nonsurgical solutions for the relief of neck and back pain including diagnostic procedures, pain management, physical therapy, and return t...

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Darwish

Dr. Darwish?
Dr. Darwish's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD
I have had a great experience with this medical group. Dr. Darwish is very compassionate and explains plans very well. Extremely personable, polite, and great sense of humor. He kept me updated and shared his treatment plan clearly along the way. He is very meticulous about his care, gave me several treatment options, recommendations, and was available to answer all of my questions. Would highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr darwish is an excellent doctor. I had neck surgery and was very worried but he was so nice and compassionate with explaining everything and his staff is just as nice and considerate. Great staff and Dr. I would recommend them to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish is an excellent surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone facing back surgery. After 3 years of back pain and one year of excruciating pain, I am now pain free due to the excellent care given to me by Dr. Darwish and his staff. When I went for my pre-op appointment, I was very nervous with every look he and his staff gave me. Because of my nervousness, they took the time to explain the procedure and assure me that the surgery would make me feel much better. He was right! Mike B.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
My back surgery was “life changing” for me. I am no longer in pain and can enjoy life! Thank you Dr. Darwish!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Darwish. He sees patients on Thursday mornings at Oak Orthopedics in Kankakee, IL. Dr. Darwish is very pleasant and professional. He carefully explains everything and takes the time to really listen to his patients. His staff are also very helpful, professional and pleasant to work with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwin’s is an excellent surgeon. My experience with back fusion surgery was a tough decision but I was confident in his surgical ability. If you are put to the task to have this procedure , don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Darwish. After having the procure performed and with rehabilitation it’s now been 12 weeks and I have never felt better. Along with an outstanding staff that was always available and regularly contacted me for post operative followup. Thanks to Dr. D and staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
On 10/3/18 I had surgery to remove stenosis and fusion. A 3 day hospital stay and return to home became a 10 day stay followed by 1 month of rehab. Following the surgery my entire peri area was numb and I was incontinent of bowel and bladder. Was told feeling would return but it hasn't. I now, 2 months later have to learn to self catheterize myself. On top of it all my back is still sore and can only walk any amount of distance with walker. I'm very sorry I had the surgery. Get 2nd opinion!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish is a superior, talented surgeon. He performed a lumbar fusion on me in September of 2018. In less than a week, I was off all pain medication. I followed his postop instructions and have had an excellent result. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Darwish. He and his staff are professional, compassionate and very attentive to the patient's needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish and his team are compassionate, caring and professional. I was treated with respect and consideration before, during and after my surgery. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
My experience...This doctor is a salesman not a doctor. avoid surgery at all cost with this one, even after he uses "I did surgery on a professional football player"..what I joke but I, unfortunately, fell for it and am paying for it big time. He has no sympothy for his patients. Get out if you still can
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish was professional, caring, listened to me and my concerns and presented a realistic plan for treatment. He is a VERY talented surgeon and I owe him the renewal of my health. I have my pain free life back thanks to him. He also has very talented staff supporting patients through the process. I highly recommend him and Hinsdale Orthopedics.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I had my first appointment with Dr. Darwish and was impressed with the time he spent with me and his knowledge.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I am eternally grateful to Dr. Ashraf Darwish and his professional staff for having resolved my back problems. In less than 1 year I had two surgeries done--the first was a lumbar interbody fusion w/use of allograft bone and lateral plate with excellent results. The second was a cervical discectomy & fusion which resulted in immediate relief of chronic pain. I am immensely grateful and ask that God bless Dr. Darwish for his excellent work! VERY GRATEFUL! I. McCormick
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I came to Dr Darwish as referral after my family doctor ordered an MRI subsequent to months of physical therapy for lower back pain. He quickly diagnosed the issue as a combination of a cyst and a spinal misalignment. We jointly agreed fusion surgery was my best option for resolving the misalignment along with removal of the cyst. It has been two years since the surgery and I have no back pain. This has allowed me to continue, at age 76, to participate in cross country ski marathons.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish performed two spinal surgeries for me in the last year and a half, one lumbar and one cervical. I was able to leave the hospital the following day without any great amount of pain. His service was excellent from check in at the first appointment through the entire process. He is a patient man who has excellent people skills as well as excellent surgical expertise and I would not hesitate to refer anyone to him in need of spinal care. His supportive medical team is wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish was able to relieve my severe lower back pain and sciatica. I'm 6 weeks out from surgery now and feel I'm on the road to recovery. Dr. Darwish and his staff have been great caregivers and I felt i was in good hands this whole time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
It is rare to find a doctor who is willing to listen carefully and work with a patient to achieve optimum outcomes. Dr. Darwish did that for me. His approach to healing is holistic and conservative, which I appreciate. The c3-4 surgical procedure he performed has enabled me to return to the active lifestyle I had not had since July of 2017. His professionalism and the quality of his staff from the desk to the physician's assistant, are stellar. I highly recommend Dr. Darwish and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
Dr. Darwish is a compassionate doctor. He operated on my husband, who was in extreme pain, and the results were outstanding. We were both confident in Dr. Darwish because he tried every option before suggesting surgery. He and his staff, PA Ashley, and Nadine took the time to explain the procedure and what his expectation were.after surgery In addition, I saw Dr Darwish for a back problem and he ordered the best course of PT to improve the issue. I would highly recommend Dr. Darwish
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
From the moment you walk in the door at the Western Springs Office you are treated like you have been going to them for years. From receptionists, nurses, x-ray techs, Nadine, Ashley and of course Dr. Darwish. Everyone has plenty of time for you and all the questions you may have. I was having severe problems with discs in my neck and facing surgery. Dr. Darwish explained it all to me thorughly and everything he said was right on. Thanks to Dr. Darwish and his team!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashraf Darwish, MD?
I was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis. From a recommendation, I saw Dr. Darwish and his associate, Ashley. Ashley explained what to expect and Dr. Darwish answered any other questions. After the surgery, Iwas in a lot of pain for about a week but I could progressively see myself getting better and better. Recommendation was to try to continue to walk which is what I did in small increments. After five weeks, I started to get back to my normal routine. Dr. Darwish was amazing and personable.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Darwish?

Hinsdale Orthopaedics