Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD

Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD

Psychiatry | Male | 51 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Yanamadala specializes in Psychiatry and practices in Saint Louis, MO. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Yanamadala? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Yanamadala's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Yanamadala's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Yanamadala

Dr. Yanamadala accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Yanamadala's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yanamadala to family and friends
1.9
Experience with Dr. Yanamadala
Dr. Yanamadala's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (48)
As a 13 year old child, this doctor placed me on 600 or 800mg of Seroquel along with several other meds for a condition that he misdiagnosed me with. I became very ill---shaking constantly, and he did not care. He had my meds written on a pad before we would even talk and seem bored/indifferent. Thank God my case worker got me to another psych who took me seriously and gave me the correct diagnosis/treatment. Please, do not put your child through what I went through.
in St Louis, MO |
Please don't waist your time with this man!!! I've seen him a little over two years. He put me on Klonopin 2mgs per day, which eventually lead up to 3mgs daily. He didn't warn me at all the dangers of this short term pill and how you're only supposed to take it for a few weeks tops! To make a long story short, I finally became aware of how Klonopin can eventually become dangerous and you can't just stop cold turkey. Goggle the facts please!!! He stopped seeing me when I brought this up......
in St Louis, MO |
He/ his office never returns my calls to refill my medicine and when I finally get an appointment they say he changed his hours and he only does morning appointments. I couldn't get a refill of my antidepressants and anitanxiety medicine until I saw him and it had been 4 days since i last had my medicine because he wouldn't call me back so he cut me off leaving me with muscle spasm. dizziness, nausea, headaches, difficulty balancing, loss of coordination, flu-like symptoms, and trouble sleeping.
in St Louis, MO |
I just needed help to get off of a medication that my PCP couldn't help me with, an antidepressant. Dr Yanamadala has been very helpful and his knowledge of the medication was extensive. I am coming off of the medication without any side effects. I would recommend Dr Yanamadala to anyone who needs a psychiatrist.
Ballwin, MO |
Our elementary-age son has ADD and he was a patient of Dr. Yanamadala. He made some insensitive remarks toward our son and compared him to his more calm sibling right in front of him. My son always dreaded going to visit him because he didn't like him. When my wife cried during one appt. he said, in a rude manner, Why are you crying? My son started having some severe side effects with a med, so severe that one weekend he could barely function. We left three messages for a consult: no response.
in St. Louis, MO |
He really cares about my son and his health. He asks a lot of questions of both my son and myself. This makes my son think about his own health and express his concerns to Dr Yanamadala. Whenever we need medicine refills the script is ready right away! He is personable and always cheerful.
Have you seen Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
Are you Dr. Yanamadala?

Compare Dr. Yanamadala

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.