Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD

Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD

Psychiatry | Male | 51 years old

57 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Yanamadala specializes in Psychiatry and practices in Saint Louis, MO. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Yanamadala? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Yanamadala's Experience

See how Dr. Yanamadala's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Yanamadala

Dr. Yanamadala accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Yanamadala's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yanamadala to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Yanamadala's Performance
    GOOD
St Louis, MO |
Very polite, understanding and compassionate.
O Fallon, MO |
Dr. Yanamadala is very reassuring and understanding. He is compassionate, thorough and is up to date on a the most recent psychiatric innovations and medications.
in Granite City, IL |
I worked for Dr. Yanamadala in his former Granite City office. He is an awesome Dr and is very knowledgeable. If you have to wait a few minutes, it is well worth it.
As a 13 year old child, this doctor placed me on 600 or 800mg of Seroquel along with several other meds for a condition that he misdiagnosed me with. I became very ill---shaking constantly, and he did not care. He had my meds written on a pad before we would even talk and seem bored/indifferent. Thank God my case worker got me to another psych who took me seriously and gave me the correct diagnosis/treatment. Please, do not put your child through what I went through.
in St Louis, MO |
Please don't waist your time with this man!!! I've seen him a little over two years. He put me on Klonopin 2mgs per day, which eventually lead up to 3mgs daily. He didn't warn me at all the dangers of this short term pill and how you're only supposed to take it for a few weeks tops! To make a long story short, I finally became aware of how Klonopin can eventually become dangerous and you can't just stop cold turkey. Goggle the facts please!!! He stopped seeing me when I brought this up......
in St Louis, MO |
He/ his office never returns my calls to refill my medicine and when I finally get an appointment they say he changed his hours and he only does morning appointments. I couldn't get a refill of my antidepressants and anitanxiety medicine until I saw him and it had been 4 days since i last had my medicine because he wouldn't call me back so he cut me off leaving me with muscle spasm. dizziness, nausea, headaches, difficulty balancing, loss of coordination, flu-like symptoms, and trouble sleeping.
in St Louis, MO |
I just needed help to get off of a medication that my PCP couldn't help me with, an antidepressant. Dr Yanamadala has been very helpful and his knowledge of the medication was extensive. I am coming off of the medication without any side effects. I would recommend Dr Yanamadala to anyone who needs a psychiatrist.
Ballwin, MO |
Our elementary-age son has ADD and he was a patient of Dr. Yanamadala. He made some insensitive remarks toward our son and compared him to his more calm sibling right in front of him. My son always dreaded going to visit him because he didn't like him. When my wife cried during one appt. he said, in a rude manner, Why are you crying? My son started having some severe side effects with a med, so severe that one weekend he could barely function. We left three messages for a consult: no response.
in St. Louis, MO |
He really cares about my son and his health. He asks a lot of questions of both my son and myself. This makes my son think about his own health and express his concerns to Dr Yanamadala. Whenever we need medicine refills the script is ready right away! He is personable and always cheerful.
Have you seen Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
Are you Dr. Yanamadala?

Compare Dr. Yanamadala

Dr. Yanamadala's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Dr. Yanamadala has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Why It Matters: Dr. Yanamadala's Board Certifications

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Va Commonwealth Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1993

• Hindi

Dr. Yanamadala does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yanamadala and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)