Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 54

Dr. Yanamadala

Psych Care Consultants

5000 Cedar Plaza Pkwy Ste 350 Saint Louis, MO 63128

Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Saint Louis, MO. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Yanamadala accepts

Dr. Yanamadala accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Preferred Plus POS
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Yanamadala's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

• Psychiatry

2.2

Dr. Yanamadala?
Dr. Yanamadala's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD
I would love to give him a zero! Wanted me to wean off of medication that I had been on for a long time. Gave me a prescription for something not covered by my insurance, and at a cost of over $200. I called his office multiple times to see if I could get something else; but never received a call back. Finally received a call from his office after 2 weeks, telling me he couldn't help me or prescribe me anything else. However, he was willing to treat me with his TMS treatments. NO WAY!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
He is reAlly good - he chats a bit to see hou things are going with you to make sure your meds are working well and then Goes straight to the business of prescribing your meds. In and out in 15 min.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
Stay away. Uninterested from the beginning, doesn’t allow enough time for the initial consult. Can be pushy and argumentative, slouches down in his chair and stares at his computer monitor most of the time, and seems to be just checking the boxes. Get the impression I was just another insurance claim. If you take a chance on him, insist on advocating for your health and share as much as you can in your limited time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
It is easy to get an appointment because he doesn’t know what he is doing. He makes jokes and doesn’t take medical issues seriously. I feel like it was a total waste of my time seeing this guy. Instead of making adjustments to medication or dosage, he expects you to come in each time...even if you just saw him a week before. Seems like billing the patients insurance is more of a priority to him than helping the patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
I asked if a"lower end" drug was a possibility and he simply said he doesn't use that! No discussion/explanation of why it wasn't an option. Had an issue on a (Thursday a.m.). Left msg (desk person out smoking?) asking for a return call. Called again in p.m. left another msg. Called Friday a.m. Had to leave msg. When I got home, saw I missed call at 3:30 saying "aware" and had left for the day (weekend)! Called on Monday and was told...oh yes...he said "whatever"... but no one called to sa
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
If zero stars were an option, he would receive it. Very rude, no bedside manner whatsoever. Didn’t listen to my concerns in regard to medication for my child. Treated my child like a cow in a cattle call. Didn’t listen to her feelings about medications. I will NEVER take my child back to Centerpoint Hospital and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone I know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
Horrible experience. His lack of attention and caring almost cost my daughter her life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
Has no bedside manner , never looks at you, seems annoyed by my presence.... went to him for a couple for months then he refused to help me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
I have moderate anxiety and very mild depression. Dr. Yanamadala is very receptive to what I tell him as long as I have insight and evidence. Is he distracted while talking to you? Absolutely. He is looking at your file and trying to discern what is most important at that moment. As a psych, he is also juggling suicide attempts, overdoses, hospitalizations. If you need heavyweight psych intervention, maybe not for you, but if you just need a monthly refill of a mild sedative, he's a good pick.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
Dr. Yanamadala is snippy and impolite to loyal clients. I have been going to him for 4 years, but today will be my last visit. He stares at his computer the entire visit, and asks the same question three times before he realizes it. Very unfocused and unwelcoming.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
The Dr. was flat out rude, texting, refused to look at me--then, when I sent a text to our ride that our appt was ending, he snapped at me . Aside from that, he kept asking me the same question about a previous doctor we were seeing, asking over and over and over; I told him honestly that I didn't know why that particular decision came about regarding a treatment and he refused to accept it. Asking repeatedly, accusingly, then angrily. He plain does not care. He's just there to make a few $.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
I've been seeing this doctor for around 6 months and he was the first doctor I found to help treat my ptsd and panic disorder with a cns depressant knowing i was taking suboxone. My life had become so much better since seeing him. I could focus at work, I got a promotion, started BMX racing, found a good person in my life. Out of the blue he dropped me, they lied to me and my other doctor, and would not even speak with me with an empty waiting room. Save your money and find someone who cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
This review is not about the doctor, but about his staff. I read many reviews about the staff being rude and lackadaisical .......this was not the case during my visit. The people I dealt with were very nice and helpful. I had an issue getting a prescription filled and I called and left a voicemail. I had my call returned in less than 5 minutes. I have not had enough experience with the doctor to rate him yet, but the staff is awesome !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
I see Dr Yanamadala at his office in South County. Two of my Children see Dr Yanamadala and have for years. I am extremely pleased with the care he has given our family over the years... and I'm not crazy :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
Excellent quick treatment. Very good staff as well. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
A shame that after almost 2 years of Dr Yanamadala being my daughter's phyquiatric we just realized it's been a waste of time and money. My daughter started with him at Centerpoint outpatient program (after her third suicidal admission to Mercy hospital). During the 10 minutes appointments he asked general questions and prescribed antidepressants. When opened his own practice he surprisly charged $400 for updating his system. My daughter has an eating disorder and is more depressed than before
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
If you want a doctor who will listen to what you actually think will work best, Dr. Yanamadala is for you. During our conversations, I can tell that he truly cares about his patients. He always checks up on how your life is going and is extremely understanding. If you think you'd like to try a different medication, he will absolutely listen because no body knows your body like you do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
Very polite, understanding and compassionate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
Dr. Yanamadala is very reassuring and understanding. He is compassionate, thorough and is up to date on a the most recent psychiatric innovations and medications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Yanamadala, MD?
I worked for Dr. Yanamadala in his former Granite City office. He is an awesome Dr and is very knowledgeable. If you have to wait a few minutes, it is well worth it.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Yanamadala?

Compare Providers