Dr. Ashok Parmar, MD

Dr. Ashok Parmar, MD

Anesthesiology  |

Dr. Ashok Parmar, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Bakersfield, CA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Parmar is affiliated with Mercy Hospitals and Bakersfield Memorial Hospital.

Central California Pain Mgmt

8325 Brimhall Rd Ste 100

Bakersfield, CA 93312

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • Health Net of California
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Parmar

Dr. Parmar's Experience

Dr. Parmar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology

• Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Thoracic Disc Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Medical College Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao University Of Baroda
    Medical School | Graduated 1992

Dr. Parmar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parmar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parmar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Parmar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parmar to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Parmar's Performance
Bakersfield, CA |
This is a very sad state of affairs when a Doctor who took an oath to do no harm!!!!!!!! treats his patients like he does. So unprofessional . Just read all his reviews- I would be so embarrassed if people wrote things like that about me. He could not care less nor could his staff. I am a Registered Nurse and I have never seen anything like this in my 20 plus year career. Very scary. He charted that he did procedures on me and I never even saw him.
Bakersfield, CA |
This office just continues to surprise me and not in a good way. Every month there are issues with filling meds I need and this month takes the cake. The office called and rescheduled my last appointment to the 27th of may. Well my meds are due on may 3 but the doctor won't fill my meds because he wants to see me first. So basically three weeks without medication. They don't care about pain management Or their patients. I'm looking for another doctor. This is the last straw for me. Over it.
in Bakersfield, Ca |
I was told by Dr Parmars staff I needed a new referral to continue care. My primary elected to have me not return due to the treatment I was given by Parmar and his staff. I told the receptionist I would not be returning. They ordered meds for me anyway and sent me to collections because the insurance refused to pay since I had rec'd a refill at another facility. They also charged me a no show fee after telling me I needed a referral to return! Is a no star possible?
Bakersfield, CA |
This doctor is exceptionally unprofessional. Dr. Parmar yells at his patients and patients spouses when he and his office staff repeatedly fail to fill out paperwork correctly to have his prescriptions approved by insurance companies. He is rude, arrogant and then defensive and threatens to refuse patient care. He does not take a full patient history, has no interest in working with insurance to have medications approved. As a medical professional this behavior is unacceptable, please avoid him.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I initially saw Dr. Paxton, who was really great. But he left on a family leave and I had several visits with Dr. Parmar who was NOT so great. This last few times he was impatient, condescending, and instead of increasing medication due to more pain, he decreased it and did not communicate to me why. And the staff gave me the run around, and was unbearably rude. The staff is really awful, especially over the phone. They are so rude and not helpful at all, especially for questions or refills.
in Bakersfield, CA |
My mom is a patient there, she has had two back surgeries and is about to go in for a third due to broken rods in her back. She also has drop foot and nerve damage in her legs. It is near impossible to Dr. Parmar to understand and empathize with her. He messes with her medicine,when my mom asked for an increased, he actually DECREASED it. The times I'm there he demeans her pain, saying most of it is in her head. Everyone else can see her pain, except him. Would NOT recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Ashok Parmar, MD?
Are you Dr. Parmar?

Visit Dr. Parmar

Dr. Parmar accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    CaliforniaCare HMO