Dr. Ashok Jain, MD

Dr. Jain
Telehealth services available

Valient MD

7080 Southwest Fwy Houston, TX 77074

Dr. Ashok Jain, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Houston, TX. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jain to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Ashok Jain, MD with other Psychiatry Specialists near you

Dr. Jain's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jain

3.1

44.20289855072464%

Dr. Jain

We have been seeing Dr. Jain for years and his friendly nature, competency and ready to help attitude is rather rare and welcoming. His TMS services are great and changed my life. I had very bad depression and no response and no hope with anything. He gave me the course of TMS and I went back to living. After full course of TMS, I again had relapse and I needed to get another course, which was tremendously helpful. He took so much time for giving me TMS services and compassionate care. We think he is an angel in human form!
Viola – May 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
I like him as a person, very much. However, he got me hooked on a drug cocktail and when I lost my job (as a result of the cocktail he had me on) I tried to work out some type of payment arrangement, but he simply shuffled me off to another doctor. Money is/was more important to him than my life. This other doc was terrible (one of the lowest rated on health grades). I realize now that he was an extremely destructive force in my life, and deeply regret going to see him.
Sean Reed – Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Please, please find another provider. He will not provide any adequate care and you’ll pay so much money for basic prescriptions any GP or psychiatric clinic would give for much cheaper. He is a fraud and is being investigated by several insurance companies. It’s not worth it, you’ll wish you never heard of him and his awful clinic.
Nov 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Dr. Jain is a wonderful physician and wonderful person. He has helped me through so many ups and downs in my life with a caring, helpful and friendly attitude. I've recommended him to several of my friends and they agreed with my opinion. Dr. Jain is so compassionate and loving. He is highly knowledgeable and energetic. My life perks when I see him as he is extremely positive person. I always see him spreading happiness and turning sadness into Merry like a touch of magic. I never count on replacing him, that wouldn't be possible.
Ashley – Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Dr. Jain is warm and caring which help me with my mental and emotional issues. He is very kind and always tell my daughter and son-in-law thanks for caring for me. He and his staff are very courteous unlike other psychiatric places I have been.
Roslyn Hagger – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Seem to only be worried about collecting the copay and not my sons mental health
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Very high quality, aesthetic and all inclusive care! I have had fantastic results with TMS. They also have clinical psychologists and group therapy for those who are not interested in pharmacology to treat their symptoms. TMS is also a good choice if you are not looking to take medication either. Dr Jain is very helpful, knowledgeable and informative. Their billing is very flexible and I was waived my copay one time and Insurance billed me and they waived that also!! I was shocked at there selfless service. In my opinion, this clinic is definitely a good place to go for outpatient services in psychiatry. People come to them from far!!
Batist – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
I brought my son to his care for severe problems. Kudos, Dr. Jain, you have our deepest gratitude and blessings! He was instrumental in changing his life for good. He was suffering so much for years and once we met Dr. Jain, we couldn't believe how could he get so better. Dr. Jain actually treated him like a family member in non-judgmental manner and didn't charge the ton of money insurances were asking us to pay (Deductible)! We were shocked at such a nice professional high quality care at such affordable healthcare cost! Our family is forever indebted to him.
Melissa – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
He makes mental health issue seems so normal! He is so educational, professional, friendly, caring and competent! I was worried about expense but his office was very accommodative. My wife's previous doctor didn't care and called her in 6 months and gave her lot of controlled drugs(talk about negligence). She almost died! He streamlined her medications and didn't charge us even insurance told send us the bill to pay him! It is impossible to find a doctor like him in modern flimsy healthcare! We need gifted doctors like him. Not a callous pill-pushers like some in the market! You need to go for few appointments before you understand their caring culture!
Feb 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Charges more than copay to make patients
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Deborah – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
This was my first visit to a psychiatrist ever, despite probably needing it far sooner than I scheduled the appointment. He was very easy to talk to, made me laugh, and I felt comfortable telling him everything he needed to know. I was very worried I would have to "shop around" to and a good psychiatrist but he's amazing and I'm lucky to have met him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
I was in and out in 15 minutes! Got my follow up scheduled and my prescriptions sent for refill. And, he's the most engaging mental health professional I've ever interacted with
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
I had been looking for a new psychiatrist since moving to the area and haven't found anyone who seemed to be a good, but as soon as I met this Dr I knew he would be my continuing care physician for mental health. His advice has been very helpful, we've been working hard together to switch out some of my more addictive and dangerous medications to safer ones that work just as well. He was even willing to do testing to figure out why some of my medications were impacting my life the way they were and has been very helpful. He explains everything to his patients so they know exactly what the treatment is and what to expect. He is very helpful and I am happy to be a patient of his
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Dr. Jain is hands-down the best psychiatrist in the Houston area! I have worked with three different psychiatrists in the area prior to seeing him and he is leaps and bounds above the rest - there's simply no comparison. He is incredibly warm and friendly with a fantastic bedside manner - very easy to talk with. He made excellent professional recommendations for my treatment and made sure to explain them thoroughly to ensure I was comfortable with them. Also, the woman at the front desk is equally warm, welcoming, and helpful. I am so glad I found them - I'll never see anyone else if I can help it!#
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Dr. Jain took his time to listen to my health concerns. He has a great personality, and clearly cares a great deal about the well-being of his patients. I’m thankful that I was able to see him and am con%dent that his suggestions will help me get back on track. His assistant was also incredibly helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Jain to anyone who is looking to for a psychiatric evaluation or a second opinion. He is very good at what he does!
  • Long wait times
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Going in for your first psychiatric evaluation can be a really anxiety inducing experience. Dr Jain has a light-hearted and warm bedside manner. He is very knowledgeable, clear with his instructions, and is just goofy enough that any tension I felt going into the evaluation is washed away. It's not easy to discuss depression and anxiety, but it was with Dr. Jain. I'm sincerely looking forward to my follow up appointment with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
I don’t usually leave comments on these things, but this doctor deserves a lot of praise. I have been a patient of his for over ten years. As many people do, I have my story, I have a history. No matter how complex and challenging, he knows what to do. He knows the brain and he knows his medications. I’ll be honest, he’s not touchy-feely, so if you need someone to hold your hand, he may not be for you. However, if you want a problem solver that is willing to educate you and keep you moving, look no further.
Jayne – Oct 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Jain for 2 years, he has looked out for my best interests. He is affectionate, caring, help me a lot especially with TMS. He helped me navigate through tough times. He is best doctor I can imagine. I will never look for another psychiatrist. I can never see myself going anywhere else. He is a miracle worker. He manages my medicine well.
Kim – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
He is one of the best, most caring, professional and sincere psychiatrists I have ever seen. Doctors need to meticulously and fine tooth combed every single symptom to try to figure out what is really needed as far as medication or otherwise patients can die. I truly felt that he did that with his obsessive high standards (LOL). I feel very protected and safe with him. What impressed me was that he doesn't just handout pills but educate you about your conditions and the medication and sees you often to get better response of the treatment. Not just handout pills and come in one million years (what kind of care is that anyway)! I called with side effects issues and he actually called me back immediately and addressed it throughly. I was feeling embarrassed to have taken so much time of him without paying. We went through many doctors who either didn't take our insurance or treats us like cattle. He is really an angel with wings who lifts everyone's spirit!
Henrieta – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?
Dr. Jain has been a god-send! After being in their practice, I totally understand now some of the bad reviews by drug seekers or someone wanting pill-pushing doctors. This practice is not for them! I wanted to be careful but then I was totally floored by Dr. Jain and his staff's positive and loving attitude. Dr. Jain is kind, thoughtful, thorough, and straightforward. I've worked with the many specialists and doctors regarding mental and emotional health, I feel incredibly confident in his abilities and entirely cared for. I was suffering from anxiety & depression to the point that I was not functional. It took every ounce of effort to even pick up the phone to make appts. After speaking with Christine, I knew things would change for the better. She spent quality time explaining their process and got me in quickly to see Dr. Jain who has changed my life as no other Dr has ever done with his unique way of managing medications and counseling.
Jennifer P – Aug 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jain?

Believes in providing care in empathetic, nonjudgmental, and family-like manner.

Dr Jain's openness is felt by his patients. "I want to be there for my patients like I would be there for my sister or my mother. When people come here,...Read more

• Psychiatry