Dr. Ashok Jain, MD

Dr. Ashok Jain, MD

Clinical Psychiatry Pharmacology | Male

Psychiatric Solutions PC 1201 Creek Way Dr Apt C, Sugar Land, TX 77478 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Believes in providing care in empathic, Nonjudgmental, family like manner.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Jain's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Jain's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jain

• Principal Financial Group
  • Staywell (Wellcare)
  • Wellcare of Georgia
  • Worker's Compensation

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Jain has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Jain

Dr. Jain's Review Details
2.8 based on 75 responses
Experience with Dr. Jain
Dr. Jain's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (67)
Dr. Ashok Jain, MD says

Being father of three greatest kids and family person, I feel honor in helping others.  I really appreciate all my patients for their heartfelt feedback.  We believe in high quality, conservative practice with close monitoring.  I do not believe in pushing pills and value the sanctity and safety of medical practice.   I value it highly and take it constructively. Your criticism helps me improve while your positive feedback gives me further impetus to keep on doing good things for patients.  Please know that I believe in providing family like care.  I am very direct and honest with my patients and very careful in not providing addictive medicines.  So in essence, if you are looking for an easy route for some pills, my office may not be well suited for your needs. May god bless you!

in Houston, TX |
Dr Jain had a "graduate" try to interview me before he saw me. I asked her " are you a psychiatrist?" She answered "no". So I would like to speak to the DOCTOR not his assistant . Because of this dr Jain cancelled my appointment and sent me on my way. I waited over a week to see him, now I am out of Meds and out of luck. Horrible experience. Worst Dr. I have ever heard of. Taffy was very friendly but the two "graduates" very rude. None of the process was explained to me prior to my appointment.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Jain saved my life!!! I have been basically bedridden for the past 11 years. I had been to 7 psychiatrist before Dr. Jain, none of which I would recommend. As a patient I understand that I need to do my part. Such as taking my medicine properly and attending my scheduled appointments. Dr. Jain doesn't just prescribe pills he is highly intelligent and can evaluate your illness quickly and precisely. I can't express enough if you want your life back go to Dr. Jain and remember to do your part
Sugar Land, TX |
Spent less than 5 minutes. Complained at every apt that my insurance did not pay him enough. He kept threatening to not see me the next month because my reimbursements from my insurance were not sufficient. I told him my medicines did not appear to be helping. He told me we'd discuss it the next month. Horrible
Richmond, TX |
Horrible! All the reviews are true! He helped me, trust me. He helped me realize that I don't need to waste my time waiting at a doctor's office over a hour... to be seen for literally 5 minutes. I have asked for a detailed billing and I still have not received one. I still remember him asking me on my 1st appointment, why have I waited so long to get help? It's because you can't trust anyone and he has proven me right. I have so many meds just sitting here. I'll take my money somewhere else.
Houston, TX |
I have recently started seeing Dr.Jain and my experience has been great. This is my first time being seen by a psychiatrist but, I feel very comfortable with him. Upon my first visit I had many questions and concerns and he helped alleviate many of them. As for the wait time, the office can be quite busy but with the frequency of my visits, I usually wait no longer than 10-15 minutes now. I can understand why some patients feel that he pill pushes but I ALWAYS ask questions. I'm better now!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Jain is the only doctor I've ever had that INSISTED on seeing me once a week. The appointments last 5 minutes tops, after an hour wait, and he doesn't explain things or listen to your issues, he tells you how you SHOULD feel then throws a prescription at you. It seems like he is trying to get people in as often as possible to make more money off of them. The last time I saw him, I didn't make an appointment for 2 weeks, and he scolded and patronized me for not coming in a week before.
in Houston, TX |
This facility is a complete joke!!! Not even sure Dr Jain knows how utterly pathetic and uneducated and GHETTO his incompetent staff really is...if this is whom he chooses to hire, then he's no better. Glad i didn't have a chance to see him...any morally conscience physician that would hire theses morons to run his office AND treat his patients so nasty, are truly no better than he is! Disgusted!!!!!! Don't be a victim like i was. Cover your rear end with these morons!!!!!
in Sugar Land, TX |
We need more like Dr. Jain Dr. Ashok Jain is an excellent doctor who showed compassion, and has great medical expertise. He truly cares for his patients. When called for an emergency situation he responded promptly within 10 minutes and was there to help my family. He explained the medical terms so that one can understand the diagnosis and how one can treat it or care for it in the future. He also was very understanding, and calming during time of turmoil.Dr. Jain is also very efficient.
in Rosenberg, TX |
I had gone to another Psychiatrist before and the sessions were 50 mins+-. This rascal saw me for less than 10 minutes. while I was waiting to see him he ran through at least 6 patients all were on medicare of assistance of some sort. I think we were and are to him just a big cash machine. He sees patients 5-10 minutes and charges the government $200-$300-$400 (who knows how much) for a hour for each one he sees in each hour!!!
in Sugarland tx |
He is very professional and kind! I left a message which was returned promptly and personally by Dr. Jain. He listened to our situation and was able to see me within two days! His office has a comfortable, relaxed feel with an amazing view, which helps if you have anxiety since it is so soothing to look at. Dr. Jain is a great listener, easy to talk to and is helping me to overcome my issues without pushing too hard. He makes you feel involved in your care process by giving you options instead
in Richmond, texas |
I went one time for my son and that is all I needed to tell that Dr. Jain is a bully. He tries to pit family's against each other instead of working on a solution. The whole time I was in the office I had knots in my stomach and felt very disrespected. He also says he doesn't just write prescriptions he throws them at you! I felt in shock when I left office.
Houston, TX |
I found out tonight that they have been charging me twice. At first I was told that they didn't take my insurance, but they would work out something me so that I could continue to come. Well......according to my insurance they are in network and have received money from my insurance AND charging me. I go every two weeks which is very expensive, but for them to take money from me AND my insurance is not okay.
in Sugarland tx |
At first he acted like he cared but than he had me on 7 pills and wouldn't lower the dose kept making them higher were I couldn't even play or talk to my little boys I was like a zombie I had to leave him because he all most ruin my marriage do to all the medication I was on that he prescribed me he gets his office secretary to write fake good reviews so he is not a good doctor to go and he doesn't listen he just write down ur medication and have u leave and come back in 2 weeks
Richmond, TX |
He was seeing my 11 year old son for his ADHA meds. Just went Monday to see the Dr. we got a new Rx so I went to drop it off as I always have before to the pharmacy and seams that the pharmacy had just had a audit. So in order for my sons medication to be filled the Dr had to write, BRAND NAME ONLY. Well no the Dr. stated he can only do 1 time only and he was going to close my son's chart because he DIDNT WANT TO AND WASNT GOING TO WRITE THAT ON THE RX. He must of forgot I was in his office.
in Katy,TX |
Dr. Jain has helped me out tremendously!! He has really helped me get my life back on track and I will always thank him for that.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Jain changed my life! I was feeling depressed and hopeless but now I'm doing great thanks to Dr. Jain. I had tried several antidepressants that previous Doctor's had prescribed me and nothing worked. Dr. Jain knew immediately what medication would work for ME! He really knows his stuff whereas other Doctor's were just guessing what medication to put me on.He doesn't judge you and makes you feel like you're the most important person in the world. I love Dr. Jain and his staff! He is the BEST!
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Jain, when I first got here I was a total mess. I was in denial about my illness. I was rebellious in the beginning and disliked him. But now that I have been coming for a while; I can now say I love Dr. Jain and he has helped me tremendously. Coming to see Dr. Jain he has helped me with my illness; I even got employee of the month at my job. I am OCD and it is now under control now that I have been coming to him. I will highly recommend him to others that need help. He is a good listener.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Jain is really good at what he does. He is a good listener and he tries his best to help his patients. Other doctors don't listen to their patients; but Dr. Jain does and that is a good thing. My husband and I have been coming to Dr.Jain for a while now and we have yet to be disappointed. He doesn't treat his patients like patients as most doctors, he treats them like family. He tries his best to give the right medication based on his patient needs if it is needed.
in Sealy, TX |
From the beginning hes been a savor. His kindness, understanding and compassion have meant so much. I have done nothing but improve since I've been with him and hope to continue.
in needville |
I've been seeing Dr Jain for 5 years. He's always been kind and helpful. He truely cares about my wellbeing.
in Richmond,Texas |
Dr Jain has been so helpful and kind to me. He has helped me figure out things and life. With out him I would be lost. Thank you Dr. Jain
Sugar Land, TX |
Awful, runs his office like a factory. You will have to wait over an hour each visit for him to spend less than 5 minutes a discussion and pushes you away with some samples. Makes you visit frequently in order to reap in insurance money and office charges, but adds no value, keeps you on the same treatment for months even if it does nothing.
Have you seen Dr. Ashok Jain, MD?

Compare Dr. Jain

• Addiction
    • ADHD and-or ADD
    • Adjustment Disorder
    • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
    • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
    • Antisocial Personality Disorder
    • Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
    • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
    • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
    • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
    • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
    • Opiate Dependence
    • Opioid Dependence
    • Panic Disorder
    • Pediatric Diseases
    • Personality Disorders
    • Physical Disability
    • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
    • Psychiatric Diseases
    • Upper Back Pain
    • Work-Related Injuries

Dr. Jain says..

TMS

Trans-cranial Magnetic Stimulation is the state of art novel treatment for Depression.  We are one of the few in the State of Texas who provide the treatment.

We are also expert in Disability, Forensic, Workmen Comp, Return to work, Citizenship Evaluations

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
    • Biofeedback
    • Psychiatric Evaluation
    • Psychological Testing
    • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
    • Psychotherapy Services
    • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

University of Delhi / College of Medical Sciences

Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic

Completed in 2003

University of Delhi / College of Medical Sciences

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Jain has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Jain does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jain and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Jain's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Clinical Psychiatry Pharmacology
    • Board certified in Forensic Psychiatry, Pain Medicine and Psychiatry
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Jain

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Jain's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Jain

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Jain says...

Dr Jain's openness is felt by his patients. "I want to be there for my patients like I would be there for my sister or my mother. When people come here, they should be able to feel open with their doctor so that we can treat them effectively."

That sense of family goes beyond the time he spends with his patients. He brings a spiritual side to his practice, too. His family includes his wife and three kids.

Jain said his practice is based on the ABCs. "I believe in being available for the patient, in behavior that is open and warm with the patient and being competent to deal with the problem. You have to be highly competent and that is my strongest quality. But that doesn't come overnight. It's a process."

Dr. Jain is very safe and conservative in his approach.  He believes in safe practice and he does not believe in pushing pills on patients.  He is especially cautious when prescribing addictive medicines.

Dr. Jain is Board Certified  in American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology-Adult Psychiatry; , American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Forensic Psychiatry; American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology-Pain Medicine and American Board of Disability.   Dr Jain have received numerous awards and recognitions.  Dr. Jain held senior position at various leading institutes.  He currently is a leader in Medical community and had held position as an elected Delegate of the Medical Society. Dr. Jain has been Chairman of West Penn-Forbes Hospital Psychiatry, Medical Director of Allegheny East MHMR, Medical Director at UPMC Facility, Medical Director of Geriatric Services, Chief of State Mental Hospital as well as Founder of Best rural Federal clinic psychiatric services.  He is currently holding position as Executive Medical Director of a premier hospital.  Dr. Jain has done extensive research in Addiction and published a doctorate thesis titled "Psychiatric Comorbidity for Heroin Dependants"

Dr. Jain did his Psychiatry Residency from University of Texas, Houston and was the top resident doctor and served as Chief Resident in the program. Dr. Jain published numerous articles, journals, books and engaged in many community awareness programs.  He is widely acknowledged for his compassionate care, family like approach for caring.  He is very much appreciated for his teaching skills and modern approach to treating patients.

Dr. Jain's Care Philosophy

Believes in providing care in empathic, Nonjudgmental, family like manner.

TMS