Dermatology  |
Dr. Ashley Wysong, MD
Dr. Wysong is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Dermatology and Director of Procedural Dermatology and Mohs Micrographic Surgery at the University of Southern California. She obtained her master's degree in epidemiology in the Department of Health Research and Policy at Stanford University. She earned her medical degree at Duke University School of Medicine where she was valedictorian of her medical school class. She completed her residency in Dermatology at Stanford University where she also served as Chief Resident. Her fellowship in Procedural Dermatology and Mohs Micrographic Surgery was completed at Scripps Clinic under the direction of Dr. Hugh Greenway in Mohs surgery, Dr. Victor Ross in laser and cosmetic dermatology, and Dr. Leland Housman in veins. Dr. Wysong specializes in Mohs surgery and reconstruction for melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer. She has a special interest in locally advanced and metastatic basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma as well as treatment of rare skin tumors. She has significant experience treating skin cancer in high-risk populations such as patients with organ transplants, leukemia/lymphoma, HIV, and other forms of chronic immunosuppression. Dr. Wysong also has extensive experience in cosmetic dermatology and laser procedures and believes in subtle enhancements to obtain a natural and refreshed look. In addition, she practices the use of cosmetic techniques for the revision of surgical, traumatic, and burn scars. She is certified by the American Board of Venolymphatic Medicine to perform medical and surgical treatment for patients with varicose veins and other vein conditions. As a former NCAA and professional athlete, Dr. Wysong has a special interest in promoting sun safety and skin cancer prevention among outdoor athletes. Her research focuses on the epidemiology and prevention of skin cancer as well as the development of novel chemopreventive and therapeutic medications for skin tumors.

830 S Flower St # B-100

Los Angeles, CA 90017

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Wysong

Dr. Wysong's Experience

Dr. Wysong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Venous Sclerotherapy

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Missouri
  • Scripps Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Stanford University
    Other Education | Completed 2003

Dr. Wysong has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wysong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wysong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wysong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wysong to family and friends
Dr. Wysong's Performance
in Pasadena, CA |
Dr. Wysong is extremely knowledgeable and personable. She communicates clearly in language that is not wrapped up in medical terminology and is readily understood. I would have no reservations about recommending her to potential patients.
in Covina, CA |
Dr. Wysong is truly a remarkable doctor and human being. Not only are her credentials and expertise extremely impressive but she is warm, kind, meticulous and caring. She and her office staff have been an absolute pleasure and delight to deal with. Dr. Wysong precisely & excellently removed a Squamous Cell. Dr. Wysong truly cares and went the extra mile. She gave us her cell phone so that we could reach her over the weekend. We trust her explicitly and highly recommend her! She is the best!
in Monterey Park |
Dr. Wysong and her staff ate truly caring individuals with great bedside manner and expertise. I took my father in for MOHs surgery, and right beforehand he got an extremely painful cramp in his leg. Both Dr's Wysong and Sutton and 5 nurses were in the exam room in no time to see what was the matter. The way they treated my father and I with respect are caring meant so much.
in West Covina, CA |
Everyone was extremely informative and attentive in letting me know what to expect. Jeff was most helpfull and professional. Dr. Wysong is awesome as was Dr. Sutton.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Just meeting the front office team (Sandra - wow! a living doll!) and moving to the sweet nurses, the 4th year resident (Dr. Harter - a jewel with perfect bedside manner combined with great competence) - I was already quite impressed. Dr. Wysong herself has outstanding diagnostic skills. She corrected a previous misdiagnosis I'd received, reversed previous advice I'd received, and appeared to be greatly confident, highly experienced, and professional. Highest possible recommendations!
in Redlands, CA |
the number 1 reason she's a board certified physician who's going to be performing the MOHs procedures herself, not a physicians assistant. Additionally she's the most energetic, professional doctor I've ever had and the staff mirrors her example. Love this facility !!
in Pasadena, CA |
I would certainly recommend Dr. Wysong and her staff for any procedure (Dermatology). I recently underwent a procedure which required surgery. Needless to say I was quite nervous and stressed before the surgery. Both Dr. Wysong and her staff - Jeff and Lilly, put me completely at ease. They answered any questions I had. These questions were answered in a professional and relaxed manner. The procedure was completed without any complications. Thank you.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Wysong was so knowledgable and thoruugh. Explained very step of the procedure. We felt so comfortable and secure. Her office has a very friendly atmosphere. We feel that we are in the best of hands.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Wysong and her staff are hands down the most amazing medical team I have ever encountered. They are professional, courteous and knowledgeable. I would recommend Dr. Wysong, without hesitation, to friends and family. The facility is amazing!
in San Pedro, CA |
I would like to say that Dr. Ashley Wysong and her amazing team and staff are the most outstanding, caring and well knowledgeable individuals I have ever met. They treated me with so much attention and care that I felt like I was a part of their family. I would highly recommend Dr. Wysong, she is a very talented surgeon who performs her job with the highest level of precision and accuracy. She makes you feel at ease and in good hands. I highly recommend her to anyone.
in Ca |
Qoutstanding attention to detail, exceeding all expectations. A very skilled and professional surgeon. And her many surgery peers demonstrated the ultimate respect and admiration in her work.
in Los Angeles, CA |
First class patient care thorough and exceedingly Good bedside manner first class physician Ria Wells RN is one of the best nurses my husband (also an RN) and I have encountered. Ria is knowledgable, exceedingly good bedside manner, technically quite proficient and clearly loves her job. Job well done by all!
in Beverly Hills, CA |
Yesterday, at USC's Keck Center in LA, I experienced the modern, visually appealing reception area and surgical suite where Dr. Wysong conducts Mohs surgery and other procedures. The administrative employees and professional assistants are superbly trained, organized, efficient and gracious. Dr. Wysong is a rare type of exemplary physician/surgeon who is enthusiastic, knowledgeable and technically accurate. Their excellence still lingers in my mind. W. Hamlin Emory M.D.
in Pasadena, CA |
In a word, Dr. Wysong and her entire team are OUTSTANDING !!! Highly specialized knowledge/surgical expertise delivered with professional care, empathy, respect, great sense of humor and kindness. As a patient diagnosed with multiple cancers, including melanoma that metastasized to my lung, she is one of my many docs from USC Keck Medicine & Norris Cancer Center. In the long-run she is quite possibly the main reason I will survive the melanoma. I could not be more grateful. Fight On !!
in Temecula, CA |
Dr Wysong and her staff are amazing! Personal attention to me and other patients I have witnessed is off the charts. She creates a one on one personal relationship that is rare nowadays. Special hats off to Alex, his personal attention to myself and other patients that I have witnessed is absolutely professional. Have recommended to multiple people already. Any questions feel free to contact me, I will vouch for her personally.
in Altadena, CA |
We have gone to many doctors over the years. And the professionalism and health care with Dr Wysong and her staff has been the best I have ever had. I would recommend this facility and Dr Wysong and her group without reservation. We initially had some reservations about going downtown Los Angeles, but once we saw the state of the art facility, we were exceedingly impressed. You could not find a better Doctor, health care team, or facility than what we find with Dr. Wysong at USC.
in La Crescenta, CA |
Dr. Wysong, with the aid of her staff members, has given me a certain confidence that I never thought was achievable after having struggled with skin issues my entire life. Her proficiency in the operating room is what sets her apart from the other dermatology professionals I've seen in the past.
Dr Wysong did sclerotherapy on my leg veins , it's been several month since the procedure, and most of my spider veins and superficial veins are still there. She also injected voluma under my eyes which created puffiness and bluish tint under my eyes. When I told her, that I'm not happy, instead of trying to help me and figuring out how to help me she acted like she does not see the problem. Everyday my friends tell me about how puffy are under my eyes. I don't recommend dr Wysong.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Wysong is one of the best physician/surgeons in the business. She is a strong, confident, and competent surgeon that makes you feel relaxed during a very stressful and vulnerable time. Her staff rocks and I feel very blessed to have found this great team to take care of me. I searched for a long time for the right physician/surgeon and I believe it paid off. She was amazing. Me and my family are very grateful for her skills and her awesome bedside manner. Thank you Dr. Wysong.
in Bakersfield, CA |
If I could rate Dr. Wysong higher than 'excellent', I would. I received an exceptionally high level of care from Dr. Wysong and her wonderful team of nurses when I went in for Mohs surgery. I am young, and it was my first cancer diagnosis, and on my forehead, so I was anxious. I could not be happier with the overall experience, level of professionalism, and the results. Dr. Wysong and her staff are amazing!
Have you seen Dr. Ashley Wysong, MD?
Are you Dr. Wysong?