Dr. Ashley K. Burchfield, MD

Dr. Ashley K. Burchfield, MD

Family Medicine | Female | 46 years old

16 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

I believe in listening to my patients, and holistically treating them with compassion and sensitivity. I tailor my treatment plans to each patient's individual needs, incorporating a mixture of traditional and integrative medicine options. I strongly encourage patients to be proactive in preventing disease through healthy lifestyle choices, and partner with them in creating a health program that works for them.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Burchfield's Experience

See how Dr. Burchfield's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burchfield

Dr. Burchfield accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Burchfield has admitting privileges.

Dr. Burchfield's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burchfield to family and friends
4.1
based on 16 total surveys (1 with a review)
Dr. Burchfield's Performance
in Huntsville, AL |
I like Dr Burchfield overall. She is kind but firm when addressing health issues. I do think she could take a more holistic approach versus over prescribing medicines. Her office staff however are extremely rude and it is almost impossible to get a quick appointment, much less a same day. Even with an appointment wait times can be very long.
Thank you for your feedback. I have an excellent new office staff, a beautiful new office, more appointment times available in our new clinic (which includes excellent nurse practitioners/ physician assistants , and an additional physician). We all work as a team to optimize your patient care and do our best to offer prompt appointments. I am learning more about integrative medicine and incorporating it more and more into patients' treatment plans, especially for those who prefer this.
Have you seen Dr. Ashley K. Burchfield, MD?

Compare Dr. Burchfield

Dr. Burchfield says...

I am a board certified family physician, practicing in North Alabama since completion of my training at Tuscaloosa Family Medicine Residency in 2001.  I graduated cum laude from Auburn University in 1993, and then attended the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine from 1993 to 1995.  I moved back home to Huntsville in 1995 to spend time with my mother who was battling cancer, and completed medical school at the UAB School of Medicine Huntsville campus, in 1998.  I am honored to serve as board members for both Madison Hospital and First Community Senior Select, and as an admission committee member for the Rural Missions Program at UAB School of Medicine Huntsville campus .  Outside of the clinic, I enjoy spending time with my beloved family, including my husband of nearly 23 years, and our two teen age sons. I love spending time volunteering with my church, as well as traveling, dancing, yoga, fitness classes, skiing, hiking, and spending time with my friends, extended family and pets.

Dr. Burchfield's Care Philosophy

I believe in listening to my patients, and holistically treating them with compassion and sensitivity.  I tailor my treatment plans to each patient's individual needs, incorporating a mixture of traditional and integrative medicine options.  I strongly encourage patients to be proactive in preventing disease through healthy lifestyle choices, and partner with them in creating a health program that works for them.

Dr. Burchfield says...

I have 20 years of experience in wellness visits and preventive disease counseling, cancer screens, hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypothyroidism, obesity, nutritional deficiencies, anxiety, depression, fatigue, insomnia, acute infections, osteopenia and osteoporosis, dermatologic disorders, GYN disorders (including birth control counseling), hormone management, prostate disorders, kidney and bladder disorders,  asthma, COPD, headaches, basic musculoskeletal disorders (injuries, joint pain, arthritis, gout), congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, peripheral edema, allergies, smoking cessation, non-narcotic pain relief, ADHD, IBS, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, nausea, and dizziness. I am continually learning about and incorporating more integrative medicine into my practice.

In my practice I care for all ages 12 years and up.

Dr. Burchfield says...

I have 20 years of experience in full male and female physical exams, ordering appropriate vaccines and injections, interpreting EKG results, and performing skin lesion removals, cryotherapy, suturing of wounds, and incision and drainage of wounds.  Our practice also offers ear wax removal, other ENT procedures, spirometry, ultrasound, x-ray and lab services, and patient education.

Dr. Burchfield's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Burchfield has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Burchfield's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Univ Of Al Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1998

University Of Al Hospital

Dr. Burchfield does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burchfield and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage