Dr. Ashit K. Vijapura, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Ashit K. Vijapura, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Ashit K. Vijapura, MD 107 N Alexander St, Plant City, FL 33563 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Vijapura specializes in Psychiatry and practices in Plant City, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Vijapura? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Vijapura's Experience

See how Dr. Vijapura's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vijapura

Dr. Vijapura accepts 25 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Vijapura has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Vijapura's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vijapura to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Vijapura
Dr. Vijapura's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (52)
in Tampa, FL |
He is very un-evolved and uninvolved with his patients. He's basically a pill pusher who really does not listen to the patients lived experience. BUT, these things are not nearly as bad as his secretary. The white Receptionist who was in his Tampa Office and is now in his Plant City office is a racist piece of trash. She has hung up on me and my daughter EVERY single time we've called. My daughter has been trying to get her med records for well over a month. Her unprofessionalism is vulgar.
in Valrico, FL |
most leave negative reviews because they need to be at a place like this. don't let others judge for you, think for yourself. my hubby and I, well I got my hubby to go there. Why in the world would I put my love in their hands if what some say.
in Tampa, FL |
While trying to schedule a new patient appointment with Dr. Vijapura's office I described my understanding of my insurance policy & (knowing my description was crap) said if you understand what I mean by that. The woman on the line instantly took offense, said I've worked here 14 years. You'll need to find another doctor, and hung up. I had no chance to explain myself. Called back to fix the misunderstanding and was completely stonewalled. I am completely dumbfounded!
in Plant City, FL |
This place is a complete joke! I so badly wish I had seen all these horrible reviews before I went there. I honestly believe something isn't right about this place! Is there something fishy going on with this place? I truly believe so! It needs to be investigated! Why do they only take cash?? I have never been to a doctor's office that only took cash. The front office staff treats their patients like children. I will be making a complaint with my insurance company! A 0 star review!!!!!!!!!!
in Valrico, FL |
Worst doctor Ive probably ever seen. He saw me for about 5 minutes at Tampa General in early November 2015 after I had intentionally wrecked my car trying to commit suicide. First thing he said to me, which 1. was completelly irrelevant and 2 was just downright in apropriate and made me start bawling was, Do you think trying to commit suicide and having depression is going to make boys want to date you?? Uhhh..?? Then he went on to bash and belittle my faith in God. Terrible doctor, and person
in Tampa, FL |
I have nothing but bad things to say about the office very rude never see the same dr. twice. never go there
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend this practice. The physician's assistant is the only one I'd see, simply because I feel he got me back on track with my care. Everything else considering, I wouldn't go to this practice. The front desk staff has no compassion & even when in an emergency situation show no compassion if you're needing to be seen ASAP. The cash only policy is a joke, god forbid you don't show up with enough cash, you better rush back out to get it nearby or get cancelled.
in Tampa, FL |
I have not seen him in the office in years. The other Drs are ok. but the GATEKEEPER is a rude B* Expect to wait 2-3 hours to be seen. Don't show up more then 15 minutes early or you may get kicked out. AND NEVER EVER GET THERE LATE because they will not see you and you will be charged a $35. no show fee and you better pray they can see you in a couple days. if not, expect to be rescheduled weeks out without your meds. This office manager is in the wrong line of work. She has no biz workng there
in Plant City, Fl |
Can I give this office a rating of any less than one star? I was weary of the office based on all of the bad reviews that they have consistently received. Now, I can see why. The office staff is very rude from the woman sitting at the front desk to whom ever they have answering the phones. I had a very uneasy feeling from when I arrived to when I left. I will never go back.
Have you seen Dr. Ashit K. Vijapura, MD?
Are you Dr. Vijapura?

Compare Dr. Vijapura

Plant City, FL 33563

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Psychiatry

Why It Matters: Dr. Vijapura's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

M P Shah Medical College, Saurashtra University

Graduated in 1980

St Francis Genl Hospital

Completed in 1984

St Francis Genl Hospital

Completed in 1987

Dr. Vijapura has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vijapura does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vijapura and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Vijapura's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Vijapura

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Vijapura's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Vijapura

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients