Psychiatry  |
Dr. Ashit Vijapura, MD
Dr. Ashit Vijapura, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Plant City, FL. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Vijapura is affiliated with Memorial Hospital of Tampa, Tampa Community Hospital and St. Joseph's Hospital.

Dr. Ashit K. Vijapura, MD

107 N Alexander St

Plant City, FL 33563

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Vijapura

Dr. Vijapura's Experience

Dr. Vijapura's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

• M P Shah Medical College, Saurashtra University
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • St Francis Genl Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • St Francis Genl Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Vijapura has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vijapura does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vijapura and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vijapura's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vijapura to family and friends
1.2
Dr. Vijapura's Performance
in Lakeland |
I got there 20 minutes and they told me I had to leave the building b/c I was only allowed to be there 15 minutes early, plus it was raining. They ONLY take cash. I had to sit in the waiting area with no A/C because they had a fan on. I went to the rest room, but they don't provide soap or paper towels ONLY hand sanitizer. When they pulled me back to intake my husband wasn't allowed to go with me. I was waiting 4 hours to be seen.
in Plant city,gl |
I would recommend anyone considering this office for treatment to seek other offices. The staff is rude unprofessional and totally inappropriate. The manager of this office is very rude and foul spoken. I have made a complaint with the respective state and county boards. Worst place to go if you suffer from bipolar or schizophrenia.
Valrico, FL |
First time I met hin he picked his nose while watching his cell phone. I don't think he could care less about your problems.
Waited an hour to see this guy. He spent too little time with me and insisted i was bipolar and wanted me to take medication that would cause extreme weight gain, male breasts and diabetes. He never explained these side effects and was totally wrong in his diagnosis. Incompetent Doctor in a filthy disgusting office. Rude staff too! Avoid this doctor!!!!
in Poway |
Dr. Vijapura made me feel very uncomfortable. He didn't listen to me and he stared at my chest and then wrote me a dangerous medication with no explaining any side effects. This man is not only incompetent but creepy. I would not recommend him to anyone!!
in Plant city |
Doctors office staff are rude went to appt.and was told I have to pay 35 cash for not canceling my appt. I had the flu very sick vomiting etc. Called 24hrs. In advice and was told if I was to rescheldue my appt. I would have to come to office first . and pay the 35 dollars. Not compassionate at all or professional. This really is the only mental health doctor my insurance takes . in my area but I will not give my money to this doctor to be treated poorly. They only want your $
in Plant city, FL |
The plant city office staff is ridiculous, if you can find another doctor, I would advise it..
in Sarasota, Fl. |
Kudos to the office and Dr. Vijapura for recognizing a need for change and good for all of you for making those wonderful changes! The first point of contact is usually the person who answers the phone or greets you. Truth be told, the prior person was not always “user friendly” and could at times be abrupt. This is no longer the case. ! Maram, the new P.A. is outstanding, Candice and Ali and the rest of the staff have been nothing but communicative, helpful and amazing with my step daughter.
in Riverview, FL |
I was referred here by a friend of mine after failing at two other places and immediately felt the difference! The office manager Candy was extremely caring and helpful, and Dr. V always listened and helped if I had specific concerns... I wouldn't be where I am in my recovery today if it were not for them!!! Can't thank My lifelong friend Candy enough for all her and Dr. V's help through this!
in Tampa, FL |
He is very un-evolved and uninvolved with his patients. He's basically a pill pusher who really does not listen to the patients lived experience. BUT, these things are not nearly as bad as his secretary. The white Receptionist who was in his Tampa Office and is now in his Plant City office is a racist piece of trash. She has hung up on me and my daughter EVERY single time we've called. My daughter has been trying to get her med records for well over a month. Her unprofessionalism is vulgar.
in Valrico, FL |
most leave negative reviews because they need to be at a place like this. don't let others judge for you, think for yourself. my hubby and I, well I got my hubby to go there. Why in the world would I put my love in their hands if what some say.
in Tampa, FL |
While trying to schedule a new patient appointment with Dr. Vijapura's office I described my understanding of my insurance policy & (knowing my description was crap) said if you understand what I mean by that. The woman on the line instantly took offense, said I've worked here 14 years. You'll need to find another doctor, and hung up. I had no chance to explain myself. Called back to fix the misunderstanding and was completely stonewalled. I am completely dumbfounded!
in Plant City, FL |
This place is a complete joke! I so badly wish I had seen all these horrible reviews before I went there. I honestly believe something isn't right about this place! Is there something fishy going on with this place? I truly believe so! It needs to be investigated! Why do they only take cash?? I have never been to a doctor's office that only took cash. The front office staff treats their patients like children. I will be making a complaint with my insurance company! A 0 star review!!!!!!!!!!
in Valrico, FL |
Worst doctor Ive probably ever seen. He saw me for about 5 minutes at Tampa General in early November 2015 after I had intentionally wrecked my car trying to commit suicide. First thing he said to me, which 1. was completelly irrelevant and 2 was just downright in apropriate and made me start bawling was, Do you think trying to commit suicide and having depression is going to make boys want to date you?? Uhhh..?? Then he went on to bash and belittle my faith in God. Terrible doctor, and person
in Tampa, FL |
I have nothing but bad things to say about the office very rude never see the same dr. twice. never go there
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend this practice. The physician's assistant is the only one I'd see, simply because I feel he got me back on track with my care. Everything else considering, I wouldn't go to this practice. The front desk staff has no compassion & even when in an emergency situation show no compassion if you're needing to be seen ASAP. The cash only policy is a joke, god forbid you don't show up with enough cash, you better rush back out to get it nearby or get cancelled.
in Tampa, FL |
I have not seen him in the office in years. The other Drs are ok. but the GATEKEEPER is a rude B* Expect to wait 2-3 hours to be seen. Don't show up more then 15 minutes early or you may get kicked out. AND NEVER EVER GET THERE LATE because they will not see you and you will be charged a $35. no show fee and you better pray they can see you in a couple days. if not, expect to be rescheduled weeks out without your meds. This office manager is in the wrong line of work. She has no biz workng there
in Plant City, Fl |
Can I give this office a rating of any less than one star? I was weary of the office based on all of the bad reviews that they have consistently received. Now, I can see why. The office staff is very rude from the woman sitting at the front desk to whom ever they have answering the phones. I had a very uneasy feeling from when I arrived to when I left. I will never go back.
Have you seen Dr. Ashit Vijapura, MD?
Are you Dr. Vijapura?