Dr. Ashish K. Sahai, MD

Dr. Ashish K. Sahai, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 38 years old

Personal Bio

Dr. Sahai's Experience

See how Dr. Sahai's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sahai

Dr. Sahai accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Sahai has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Sahai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sahai to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Sahai
Dr. Sahai's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (143)
Always very professional & direct, gave options for care & allowed me to explore options before going in to surgery.
Orlando, FL |
Great communication, and he checks for everything.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Sahai is a very nice man, I cannot take that from him. But, his staff and the way the office is run is an absolute joke. My fusion failed, I have been to several specialist in the area and out of state, who told me the surgery should never have been done. I now have broken hardware in my back and in constant pain. other surgeons are afraid to "fix this mess" in my back. It took over 2 years to get my records, as the office staff would tell me, they had no record of any surgery.
in Jupiter, FL |
I have told many friends that if they ever need spinal care, these are the doctors to see
in Clayton,NC |
I asked numerous questions an there was not 1 he did not answer. Had 4 vertabrae/disc fusion in the neck with cages an have been very happy just a month out from surgery. Was concerned about infection, due to past surgical history an Dr. Sahai made sure I was infused with antibiotics for at least 2 days. The surgery site (front neck) was fine an healed properly. The staff were very helpful, an everything turned out fine. I would recommend Dr. Sahai definitely to anyone in need of spine surgery
Excellent service. He engages patients. I often get into my appointment early if I arrive early. I highly recommend Dr. Sahai
in Deerfield Beach |
As always wouldn't go anywhere else. The staff & dr. Sahai are great!
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Sahia was kind and thorough. I will continue to see him.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Love his bed side manners and that he takes time to explain things to you.
Atlanta, GA |
I really liked Dr. Sahia. He's very personable, and I really felt he was 100% focused on me and my problem. I got his full attention and he did not seem rushed at any point.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I really love Dr Sahai. He is such a wonderful person and a very knowledgeable professional. I gladly recommend him!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr Sahai is very knowledgeable, caring and spent time explaining my medical conditions. The office staff is professional and courteous. I have already recommended him to my friends and family. I feel that I am in very good hands
Boca Raton, FL |
I waited 2.5hs before saw dr. Upon being called in I was asked for a urine sample. Why?? This was not an OBGYN or internist... I was not sick or needed a check up. The nurse said they take urine from everyone. Dr.came in & spent less than 2 min with me, told me I needed an MRI & pain management. I later was billed $94 for the urine test the insurance didn't pay. They take unnecessary tests for $$$. This office is a total RIP OFF!! There's much more I could say but not enough space.
Boca Raton, FL |
Went to him because he was rating highly, but should have looked closer, there are other reviews that say he takes unneeded tests, so he can bill the insurance company. My first visit they were trying ti get me to take a urine sample ( which is unneeded ) for what i was going there for. I also brought in x-rays that were taken by another doctor only a month ago, they asked me to take another xray, which i replied is it needed i have a very recent one. They responded by saying the doctor needs
So far, so good! It was only a consultation but Dr. Sahia seemed extremely knowledgeable and familiar with my possible condition. He was also very patient and answered several questions I had with no sense of annoyance. It was a pleasant visit and the office staff were also very nice. Someone came out to check on me while I was waiting to be seen and keep me updated on when I would be called in.
in Boca Raton |
When a Dr's office puts making money over patient care it's time to find a new doctor. Had blood work done prior by this Dr. and BC/BS cover everything. Received a bill yesterday for lab work done 10 months ago, said they switched labs and I owe $500 because BC/BS isn't in network for this lab. I called and was told I should have know they were switching labs??? What??? Was informed if I didn't pay by the end of the week they'd put it in collections. Highly recommend finding another Dr.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I will never know if sahai is a good surgeon. After they had me come in 5 times in one month, & sched 3 more charging my insurance and charging me co-pays each time. Dr Sahai then told me he thinks I need two major surgeries.1 posterior cervical spine and 2 on torn right shoulder. I asked for a disc of the 2 MRIs and 6 exrays and a copy of the reports done in THEIR office and was told I would be charged PER PAGE with an extra charge for the disc. PER PAGE! Jeez Just a $ machine. All trust gone
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I wish I would've gone to Dr. Sahai sooner. Sometimes there is a bit of a wait to see him, but I think it's worth it. He is professional, caring, and his bedside manner makes the difference. The time he spent with me made me feel comfortable and like I was in the right hands. I always recomend him to anyone who asks for a spine surgeon because he changed my life and I know he could do the same for anyone else who went to him.
in Hialeah, FL |
Dr Sahai is an immensely caring and knowledgeable physician. I've been going to see him for a little over two years now, and I wish I would've met him sooner! He offered alternatives before suggesting surgery, and when we had tried absolutely everything, he explained to me the benefits that surgery would bring. I felt nothing but comfort in his approach and his bedside manner. He is a wonderful physician and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a solution. May God continue to bless him.
in Boca Raton, Fl |
This office is a total disaster, the staff has no idea what they are doing, the only thing they can do is collect $$$ the know me too you get in, I waited 1 hour before I was brought into a room, then I waited 15 minutes more , I had enough and I left!!!!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
My personal doctor made an appointment for me to see this doctor. On arriving for my scheduled appointment I was told that they had not obtained authorization for payment ahead of time from my insurance, so they refused to see me and told me to come back another time. I am 92 years old and almost totally blind, as well as having great difficulties walking. They could have gotten the information that they required ahead of time if the office workers had been doing their job. MONEY MONEY MONEY
Have you seen Dr. Ashish K. Sahai, MD?
Are you Dr. Sahai?

Compare Dr. Sahai

Dr. Sahai says...

Dr. Ashish Sahai is a board-certified orthopedic spine surgeon specializing in spinal surgery. Drawing on his biomedical engineering training as well as his medical experience from Stanford University, Dr. Sahai holds several patents for spinal implants and also is a consultant with several spine surgery device companies to design new techniques and implants. With his experience he teaches other surgeons, both nationally and internationally, and works closely with area hospitals, handling everything from the routine to highly complex spinal surgery cases.

The Spine and Orthopedic Center was founded by Dr. Sahai with the intention of combining cutting edge technology with multidisciplinary specialty physicians to supply patients with a comprehensive center that provides the very best outcomes. Dr. Sahai's mission is to provide superior quality care, personalized service, and education to his patients so they can confidently make informed decisions about their treatment plan and lifelong wellness. SOC is fully equipped for diagnosing and treating severely debilitating spinal problems, including a high-field MRI, digital X-ray and fluoro technology, a state accredited sedation procedure suite, and an onsite CLIA & COLA accredited laboratory. This allows Dr. Sahai and his team to successfully handle almost any type of spinal condition and treat it accordingly. Due to the sedation being offered in the office, procedures such as kyphoplasty (cement) for compression fractures, radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for neck and back pain as well as epidurals can now be performed on a comfortable, immediate and outpatient basis.

Dr. Sahai specializes in minimally-invasive spine surgery -- a less invasive way to approach spine surgery with less blood loss, shorter hospital stay and faster recovery times. Given his extensive experience, he also handles significant cervical related issues from non-operative care to motion-preservation neck surgery and complex cervical reconstructions. Also because he is a staff surgeon at local trauma centers, he handles spine trauma, revision spine surgery, tumor-related spinal conditions and scoliosis surgery.

Dr. Sahai's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Sahai has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sahai's Board Certifications

• Arthritis of the Spine
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Congenital Spine Disorders
  • Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Malsegmentation - Short Stature
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lumbar Sprain
  • Lupus
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Neurological Injuries
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Pediatric Spine Deformities
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Runner's Knee
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Instability
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Tuberculosis

Completed in 2007

University Of Iowa

Graduated in 1997

• Hindi

Dr. Sahai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sahai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Herniated Disc Procedure
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Interventional Pain Management
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Lumbar Medial Branch Block
  • Lumbar Medial Branch Radiofrequency Neurotomy
  • Lumbar Selective Nerve Root Block
  • Lumbar Transforaminal Injection
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Minimally Invasive Rotator Cuff Repair