Dr. Ashgan Elshinawy, DO

Dr. Ashgan Elshinawy, DO

Sleep Medicine  |
Dr. Ashgan Elshinawy, DO is a sleep medicine doctor who practices in Monroe Township, NJ. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Read her story

294 Applegarth Rd Ste F

Monroe Township, NJ 08831

• Amerihealth
  • EmblemHealth
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Elshinawy

Dr. Elshinawy's Experience

Dr. Elshinawy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine

Dr. Elshinawy's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Elshinawy "I have had the desire to take care of others' health since I lost my brother to brain cancer. I was only 11 years old at the time, but my brother's physicians at Memorial Sloan-Kettering left a lasting impression on me. They embodied immense knowledge and sincere compassion. I wanted to return one day to this hospital and pay it forward. This tragic event in my life proved to be the birth of my medical career. My honest empathy and concern for the patient as a whole person sets me apart from others. I have diagnosed and treated many different types of pulmonary disease during my training at Beth Israel Medical Center and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, as well as my clinical experience at St. Peter's University Hospital and PHCS."

• Sleep Medicine

• Sleep Medicine

• Asthma
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Emphysema
  • Thrombosis
  • Tuberculosis

• Bronchoscopy
  • Thoracentesis

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• New York University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / New Jersey School Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • New York University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Elshinawy has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Elshinawy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Elshinawy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Elshinawy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Elshinawy to family and friends
Dr. Elshinawy's Performance
in Cranbury Township |
DR Elshinawy is fantastic !!! The other reviews are correct.. She sent me for a sleep study and found sleep apnea. Discovered which machine and device was most comfortable. Treats my asthma, allergies, and sleep issues all under one roof. She is a pleasure to visit.....
in Kendall Park, NJ |
Dr. Elshinawy is a wonderful, caring, compassionate, and friendly doctor. She not only figures out what is pathological (i.e., what is wrong) but also provides excellent patient-centered care. Some doctors only want to diagnose and treat whatever is wrong, but Dr. Elshinawy truly cares how her patients function and how their pulmonary issues affect their quality of life. I am a student nurse, and she genuinely encourages me to be an active partner in my own care as well as that of my husband.
in PRINCETON JCT, NJ |
Just brought my 91 year old mother to Dr. Elshinawy because of a pulmonary nodule. The test results from the CT scan were not sent to Dr as they should have been, but Dr. Elshinawy got out her personal laptop & searched Princeton Hospital records until she found them. She took her time explaining all the steps that would follow both slowly & clearly so my Mom would understand & left time for questions. She called me with the results as soon as she received them, w/o making us come to her office.
in Kendall Park, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Elshinawy now for almost 3 years. She is extremely friendly, caring, compassionate and professional. I have had a lot of complications this past year with my asthma and hospitalizations but Dr. Elshinawy has been there every step of the way to get me back on the right path. Hands down the best office staff equally as kind and compassionate. I highly recommend anyone looking for a Pulmonary/Sleep Specialist to see Dr. Elshinawy. I will be her patient for life!
Somerset, NJ |
Dr. Elshinawy has been my lung physician for the past ten years. I credit her with both saving and changing my life in more than one occasion as a result of her approach of viewing patients as a whole person. She quickly establishes trust through clear and understandable communication. Her knowledge, skill, dedication to her patients, and unparalleled bedside manner make her an EXCEPTIONAL physician. I highly recommend Dr. Elshinawy to anyone struggling with lung issues and/or sleep disorder.
in Jackson, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Elshinawy for years and I can't say enough about her. She is the most caring and kind physician I have ever known. Being a nurse myself, I recognized her professional excellence and chose her as my physician over 10 years ago. I have recommended her to several of my closest friends and will continue to do so. Anyone seeking a physician would be wise to select her. I travel quite a distance to see her and will continue to do so.
in Monroe Township, NJ |
Dr. Elshinawy is the best! With the multiple pulmonary problems I have, she is an awesome doctor. She listens to me as a good friend would, interested in me as a person. She treats me as an individual which is very refreshing and rare today. Very pro active not reactive. Positive attitude which she relates to you at every visit. She is not only my doctor, but a friend that cares for my well being. What more can you ask for, Positive, Professional and Effective. She makes you feel like family.
in Kendall Park, NJ |
Dr. Elshinawy, Is extremely professional and courteous. She has a commanding knowledge of her field at her finger tips. Her consultations are relaxed, informative and never rushed. I find it impossible not to think of her as a personal friend. Dr. Elshinawy selects her staff with great care so as to compliment the tone and professionalism of her practice.
Have you seen Dr. Ashgan Elshinawy, DO?
Are you Dr. Elshinawy?