Dr. Asher Taban, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male

Dr. Taban

Asher H Taban MD Inc

18350 Roscoe Blvd Ste 304 Northridge, CA 91325

Dr. Asher Taban, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Northridge, CA. He graduated from Teheran University / Faculty of Medicine and specializes in neurosurgery.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Neurosurgeons in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Taban accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Taban has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(818) 993-6063Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Taban's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Taban's Top Procedures and Conditions

Degenerative Disc Disease

Dr. Taban treats Degenerative Disc Disease more than 76% of his peers

Dr. Taban treats this condition more than 76% of his peers

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Taban performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 76% of his peers

Dr. Taban performs this procedure more than 76% of his peers

• Brain Cancer
  • Brain Surgery
  • Brain Tumor
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Kyphosis
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lymphoma of the Bone
  • Meningiomas
  • Metastatic Tumors (Brain)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Asher Taban, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Dr. Taban's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Taban

4.5

Dr. Taban?
Dr. Taban's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Asher Taban, MD
Dr. Taban was patient and listened to my concerns. He made sure I understood my options and my condition. What impressed me most was his staff. His nurse Sharon has always taken my calls answered my questions and helped me navigate the Health Care System with expertise. She has spent time explaining things to me and gone above and beyond to help me get the treatment I need I am so grateful to her for all of the knowledge she has shared with me and continues to do so.
Beth L – Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr Taban is meticulous, professional, brilliant, caring and marvelous. I have had three different surgeries with him and he has saved my life. His staff and colleagues who assist him are also top notch. I recommend him unequivocally.
Harriet in Encino, CA – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr. Taban performed my husbands surgery and he is now doing remarkably well. He takes his time with his decisions and is very methodological. The office visits are not rushed. He takes his time explaining all details and making sure we understand what was happening. He encourages questions but will not always provide a definite answer when he is not sure. He is thorough and only does what is absolutely necessary. His practice is very personal where everyone knows who we are and calls us by name. They take their time to provide excellent support through the entire process and were always available when we called with questions. I would highly recommend him.
Granada Hills, CA – Jun 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr taban perform a cervical surgery back in 2005 and he did it a great surgery now I need to have a surgery because I have a new feature on L4 and L2 the screw broke and also broke my bone I requested for Dr Taban because hes the only one I trust to have my surgery since I have 6 back surgery already that's how good of a Neurosergeon he is I look forward to see Dr Taban again.
Ernesto Hermosillo in Northridge , CA – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
My disc collapsed around Dec 2017. I was recommended by my Primary Care Physician who had her own spine surgery to Dr. Asher Taban. Dr. Taban explained in great detail what was wrong with my spine, and why I would need surgery. He performed my surgery in May 2018 and I'm recovering very well from it. The excruciating pain from walking is gone and I thank him and his wonderful staff in helping me get better!
Gia in Canoga Park, CA – Aug 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
I have known of Dr. Taban’s skill as a surgeon for years so he was my first call when I knew I might need surgery. He was thorough and compassionate in his evaluation and thoroughly explained everything to me. My surgery was six weeks ago and I am very pleased with the results. My symptoms of pain and numbness are completely gone. I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.
Meadow Girl in CA – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dear Dr. Taban, I want to thank you again for the amazing surgery you did for me, twice. People keep telling me that I am lucky to be alive, and of course that's always true. But I'm not just alive, but thriving! Tomorrow is two weeks, and already I feel so much better than I did before the surgery! Starting to feel better than I have in years. I’m taking great supplements & walking lots every day. By tomorrow, I’ll be back to my usual 1½ miles! Great for 50+ yrs! Thanks for encouraging me!
Shelly in Granada Hills – Jun 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr. Taban performed two very delicate and difficult surgeries on my husband in the last 3 years. He has severe stenosis and each time his spinal cord was severely compressed. Both his doctor, and a good friend of ours who is a doctor, highly recommended him and said they would have Dr Taban operate on them. We are so grateful for two very successful surgeries which prevented my husband from having to use a wheelchair. We are thrilled with the results and would use him again.
Shirley in Northridge – Apr 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr Taban takes his time to explain in detail what to expect in your treatment and or surgery. He make sure you are ready to be discharged from hospital and or treatment. His office staff is very patient and helpful.
Carolyn in Northridge – Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr. Taban is very clear about what will happen if surgery is required. He doesn't rush you through the OR like an assembly line., He takes his time to make sure everything is done correctly. The staff are very helpful and polite.
Jim Jensen in Lake Balboa – Feb 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr. Taban has to be the best neurosurgeon ever. He operated on me in 2004 after a jet-ski accident and cured me. Then just 1 week ago (August 22) he did it again. I had 2 degenerative discs in my neck and he put in 2 artificial discs. I woke up from the surgery and immediately knew he had cured me AGAIN as all the pain I was experiencing was gone. Dr. Taban is the best there is and so is his staff. I felt like I was part of a family that was caring for me.
Kevin Joseph in Simi Valley, CA – Sep 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
I was in severe pain in my back. Dr. Taban stopped the pain. Dr. Taban is the best Doctor for pain in the back. Very polite and courteous. He explained everything to me. I have no more pain and thank Dr. Taban and God. I highly recommend Dr. Taban. from Mary V.
Mary V. – Aug 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
I had my back surgery July 25, 2016 and the results are fabulous. I am back to a full workout routine and overall I am 90% free of any pain and discomfort.
Adrienne Serviss in Canoga Park, CA – Jul 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr. Asher Taban is my back surgeon and he performed an 8½ hour surgery on my back in early June 2017. This is my 5th back surgery and Dr. Taban was correcting problems from my last two surgeries which were done by another doctor. Dr. Taban is extremely patient and understanding. He answered all my questions clearly. The surgery went extremely well and although my recovery has been a relatively short time as of this writing the results have been remarkable. I can walk, sit and stand without pain
John Graves in Northridge, CA – Jun 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
I want to say thank you and show my heartfelt appreciation for your extreme surgical knowledge and expertise. I consulted other neurosurgeons, but felt after meeting you, I knew you were the surgeon I would go with. Your calm demeanor, clear explanations and obvious surgical experience gave me the confidence needed. It has been seven weeks since you performed a laminectomy and bone fusion from S1 - L5 and I have not had any pain. I am walking without the pain and numbness I had for 4 years.
Linda Phillips in Granada Hills, CA – Jun 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
I wish to express my heartfelt gratitude and deepest appreciation for the outstanding care and consideration I received from Dr. Taban and his excellent staff on August 16, 2016, when they treated me for spinal stenosis. Dr. Taban's exceptional skills resulted in a successful surgery without complications , using titanium to fuse my L2 &L3 vertebrae. The care and "bedside manner" I received from Dr. Taban was nothing less than excellent. I warmly thank Dr. Taban and his staff-I feel a new man!
Neil S. – Apr 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dear Dr. Taban, Thanks for healing my husband, who suffered severe leg pain, over four months, due to a pinched nerve in his spine. Before seeing Dr. Taban, we consulted six doctors, who misdiagnosed the cause of his pain. Dr. Taban is an amazing doctor, kind and polite with a gift that makes him an extraordinary neurosurgeon. We cannot thank Dr. Taban enough, for returning my husband his life and wellbeing. We also thank his staff, whose dedication mirrors that of Dr. Taban. Thank you!!!!
Abbas Navazi in Claremont, CA – Jan 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr. Taban is straight forward, raw, and to the point! he might come off as arrogant, but he is not...he also could get defensive is you question his decision, but most doctors do =) if you want an honest opinion, go to him. He is picky about insurance policies, therefore, do make sure he accepts your insurance.
Van Nuys, CA – Dec 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr. Taban is meticulous, detail oriented, and a surgeon who has 38 plus years of experience. His office staff is outstanding. I recently had a very serious lumbar surgery and after 6 weeks post-surgery, I am able to walk again without pain. Dr. Taban and his staff go out of their way to ensure positive results for their patients. I recommend him unconditionally. After seeing three different neurosurgeons, I chose Dr.Taban because he is the "man"! He is worth "waiting" for. Harriet S.
Harriet Sasson in Encino, CA – Aug 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Dr. Taban was the best experience I ever had. I had severe pain in my lower back that was affecting my walking and everything else. I already had back surgery a year prior to meeting him. The first surgery I had only made me worse. When I went to see Taban for a second opinion he immediately knew the problem. I had a 14 hour surgery and within a few days I was already walking. I am able to walk way better than I have in the last 4 yrs. I have already highly recommend him and his staff to others.
Sheila Flores in northridge, ca – Aug 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Asher Taban, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Taban?

We believe strongly in the importance of compassionate and cultural sensitivity to quality care. Patients at our office will receive the best specialized care, offered with courtesy, integrity, and respect. You will be greeted and cared for by our ex...

• Neurosurgery