Dr. Asher Taban, MD

Dr. Asher Taban, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Male

Dr. Asher Taban, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Northridge, CA.

Asher H Taban MD Inc

18350 Roscoe Blvd Ste 304

Northridge, CA 91325

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Taban

See how frequently Dr. Taban performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Stenosis
high
Intervertebral Disc Disease
high
Degenerative Disc Disease

Dr. Taban's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Taban "We believe strongly in the importance of compassionate and cultural sensitivity to quality care. Patients at our office will receive the best specialized care, offered with courtesy, integrity, and respect. You will be greeted and cared for by our extraordinarily knowledgeable, efficient, and kind staff experienced, with a total of over fifty years in this specialty. Our staff has special experience in dealing with the current highly complex health insurance issues. As a new patient, you are given a one-hour appointment; if the complexity of your condition requires additional time, Dr. Taban will provide that to you without hesitation and the entire examination is carried out by Dr. Taban in your presence. Our dedication and commitment to quality care with advanced technology and progressive techniques remains our guiding principle. Top 5 Areas of Expertise: Minimally invasive surgery of neck, lower back, and thoracic spine, Brain tumors and Chiari Malformation, Gamma Knife Radiosurgery (for brain tumors and facial pain), Degenerative scoliosis, treatment of simple and complex disc disease, Spinal fusion (simple and complex)"

• Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Arthritis of the Spine
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Cancer
  • Brain Tumor
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Kyphosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lymphoma of the Bone
  • Meningiomas
  • Metastatic Tumors (Brain)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Disc Replacement
  • Epidural Block
  • Epidural Injection
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis

No malpractice history found for California.

• Teheran University / Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Nyu Langone Medical Cente

Dr. Taban has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Taban does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taban and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Taban's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taban to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Taban's Performance
in Simi Valley, CA |
Dr. Taban has to be the best neurosurgeon ever. He operated on me in 2004 after a jet-ski accident and cured me. Then just 1 week ago (August 22) he did it again. I had 2 degenerative discs in my neck and he put in 2 artificial discs. I woke up from the surgery and immediately knew he had cured me AGAIN as all the pain I was experiencing was gone. Dr. Taban is the best there is and so is his staff. I felt like I was part of a family that was caring for me.
I was in severe pain in my back. Dr. Taban stopped the pain. Dr. Taban is the best Doctor for pain in the back. Very polite and courteous. He explained everything to me. I have no more pain and thank Dr. Taban and God. I highly recommend Dr. Taban. from Mary V.
in Canoga Park, CA |
I had my back surgery July 25, 2016 and the results are fabulous. I am back to a full workout routine and overall I am 90% free of any pain and discomfort.
in Northridge, CA |
Dr. Asher Taban is my back surgeon and he performed an 8½ hour surgery on my back in early June 2017. This is my 5th back surgery and Dr. Taban was correcting problems from my last two surgeries which were done by another doctor. Dr. Taban is extremely patient and understanding. He answered all my questions clearly. The surgery went extremely well and although my recovery has been a relatively short time as of this writing the results have been remarkable. I can walk, sit and stand without pain
in Granada Hills, CA |
I want to say thank you and show my heartfelt appreciation for your extreme surgical knowledge and expertise. I consulted other neurosurgeons, but felt after meeting you, I knew you were the surgeon I would go with. Your calm demeanor, clear explanations and obvious surgical experience gave me the confidence needed. It has been seven weeks since you performed a laminectomy and bone fusion from S1 - L5 and I have not had any pain. I am walking without the pain and numbness I had for 4 years.
I wish to express my heartfelt gratitude and deepest appreciation for the outstanding care and consideration I received from Dr. Taban and his excellent staff on August 16, 2016, when they treated me for spinal stenosis. Dr. Taban's exceptional skills resulted in a successful surgery without complications , using titanium to fuse my L2 &L3 vertebrae. The care and "bedside manner" I received from Dr. Taban was nothing less than excellent. I warmly thank Dr. Taban and his staff-I feel a new man!
in Claremont, CA |
Dear Dr. Taban, Thanks for healing my husband, who suffered severe leg pain, over four months, due to a pinched nerve in his spine. Before seeing Dr. Taban, we consulted six doctors, who misdiagnosed the cause of his pain. Dr. Taban is an amazing doctor, kind and polite with a gift that makes him an extraordinary neurosurgeon. We cannot thank Dr. Taban enough, for returning my husband his life and wellbeing. We also thank his staff, whose dedication mirrors that of Dr. Taban. Thank you!!!!
Van Nuys, CA |
Dr. Taban is straight forward, raw, and to the point! he might come off as arrogant, but he is not...he also could get defensive is you question his decision, but most doctors do =) if you want an honest opinion, go to him. He is picky about insurance policies, therefore, do make sure he accepts your insurance.
in Encino, CA |
Dr. Taban is meticulous, detail oriented, and a surgeon who has 38 plus years of experience. His office staff is outstanding. I recently had a very serious lumbar surgery and after 6 weeks post-surgery, I am able to walk again without pain. Dr. Taban and his staff go out of their way to ensure positive results for their patients. I recommend him unconditionally. After seeing three different neurosurgeons, I chose Dr.Taban because he is the "man"! He is worth "waiting" for. Harriet S.
in northridge, ca |
Dr. Taban was the best experience I ever had. I had severe pain in my lower back that was affecting my walking and everything else. I already had back surgery a year prior to meeting him. The first surgery I had only made me worse. When I went to see Taban for a second opinion he immediately knew the problem. I had a 14 hour surgery and within a few days I was already walking. I am able to walk way better than I have in the last 4 yrs. I have already highly recommend him and his staff to others.
in Encino, CA |
Dr. Taban successfully corrected my 4 levels of cervical herniations with an emergency, 7 hour, highly risky set of fusions and discectomies. He is highly skilled! With a stellar reputation! He is the "fixer" of other neurosurgeon mistakes. His staff is kind, responsive, caring and professional. I feel blessed to have found him! I give Dr. Taban my highest absolute recommendation!!
in San Fernando, CA |
Dr. Taban is a wonderful doctor. I would recommend him to family and friends. He is caring, knowledgeable, and patient. He answered all of my questions and made it very easy for me to make a decision to have surgery. The surgery went very well. I am very happy and elated to be one of his patients. Among all of the doctors I have had in the past, he is rated as number one in my book.
in Buena Park, CA |
There is no way I can ever thank you for being such an awesome doctor. You've stuck by us through the tough times. We are extremely lucky to be taken care of by you, my whole family is. I believe God sent you to our family to give us a second life. We're extremely grateful. God bless you! Howard and Kim
in Santa Clarita |
I had severe pain generating from lower back down both sides down both legs. I was in constant pain. Dr. Taban told me the surgery would help. I had the surgery and am happy to say he was right. Since the surgery there hasn't been any pain where it was before. I am still recovering but my pain is much better and much more manageable. I have to thank God for Dr. Taban. I am on a good road to recovery. I shooting for 100%
in Valencia |
4 years ago my daughter couldn't walk without a walker and was in pain for 16months before we saw Dr Taban. When we meet with him he took the time to explain our options in great detail. He is compassionate kind and a genius. To see my daughter today you would have no idea she had disc replacement and spinal fusion. She's 26 now and wake boards hikes paddle boards etc. this man is my MIRACLE DOCTOR. Ellen is a doll very helful and compassionate! THANK YOU for giving my daughter her life back.
in Northridge, CA |
Dear Dr. Taban, I want to thank you for surgically removing the pain from my back and radiating pain down my right leg with your MIRACLE hands. I will also be indebted to you for the pain you relieved and removed from me. I can't thank you enough for giving my life back. Robert.
in Los Angeles, CA |
It's been a few months since my surgery and not a day goes by that I am not beyond grateful for the positive impact you have had on my life. Last year, I couldn't have imagined living pain-free. It seemed like a far-away dream. Because of my lower back and leg pain, I was not able to walk or sleep. Now, because of your incredible skill, that dream has become a reality. There are not enough words to describe how much my family and I admire you. You are and will always be in our prayers.
in Canoga Park, CA |
I am incredibly grateful to be sent to Dr. Asher Taban by my primary care doctor. I had months of back pain which traveled down my left leg and hip, making it difficult to walk and I was in pain no matter what I did; walking, sitting, standing, lying down were all painful positions. When Dr. Taban met me he was kind, patient, and informative. It's three months after surgery and I have no pain. His surgical skill enabled me to return to my active life as a theater professor and dancer.
in North Hills, CA |
I could write a lot about Dr Asher Taban and his office staff, but to sum it up quickly and efficiently, the man is a genius! I did my homework before seeing him and he got high praise from everyone. And I am right there alongside each of them. When dealing with something as delicate as back surgery, you want a genius on your side. Bottom line! Enough said!!
in Los Angeles, CA |
I had a serious back problem and the pain was radiating down my leg. I had to wait an hour and a half before I saw him. When I saw him he was very rude and angry and impatient. When I tried to ask him a question, he told me to sit down and be quiet; he said the surgery was very difficult and dangerous and he would not explain in any detail what the surgery involved. The nurses were not any better; they all took his side I left his office completely humiliated and in shock-and worse pain.
Have you seen Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Are you Dr. Taban?

Visit Dr. Taban

Dr. Taban accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Taban has admitting privileges