Dr. Asher Taban, MD

Dr. Asher Taban, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

We believe strongly in the importance of compassionate and cultural sensitivity to quality care. Patients at our office will receive the best specialized care, offered with courtesy, integrity, and respect. You will be greeted and cared for by our extraordinarily knowledgeable, efficient, and kind staff experienced, with a total of over fifty years in this specialty. Our staff has special experience in dealing with the current highly complex health insurance issues. As a new patient, you are given a one-hour appointment; if the complexity of your condition requires additional time, Dr. Taban will provide that to you without hesitation and the entire examination is carried out by Dr. Taban in your presence. Our dedication and commitment to quality care with advanced technology and progressive techniques remains our guiding principle. Top 5 Areas of Expertise: Minimally invasive surgery of neck, lower back, and thoracic spine, Brain tumors and Chiari Malformation, Gamma Knife Radiosurgery (for brain tumors and facial pain), Degenerative scoliosis, treatment of simple and complex disc disease, Spinal fusion (simple and complex)Read more

Asher H Taban MD Inc

2016 Five Star Recipient for Cranial Neurosurgery

View Ratings

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Taban's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Taban's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Taban

Dr. Taban accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Taban has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Taban's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Taban to family and friends
4.4
Experience with Dr. Taban
Dr. Taban's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (41)
in Encino, CA |
Dr. Taban is meticulous, detail oriented, and a surgeon who has 38 plus years of experience. His office staff is outstanding. I recently had a very serious lumbar surgery and after 6 weeks post-surgery, I am able to walk again without pain. Dr. Taban and his staff go out of their way to ensure positive results for their patients. I recommend him unconditionally. After seeing three different neurosurgeons, I chose Dr.Taban because he is the "man"! He is worth "waiting" for. Harriet S.
in northridge, ca |
Dr. Taban was the best experience I ever had. I had severe pain in my lower back that was affecting my walking and everything else. I already had back surgery a year prior to meeting him. The first surgery I had only made me worse. When I went to see Taban for a second opinion he immediately knew the problem. I had a 14 hour surgery and within a few days I was already walking. I am able to walk way better than I have in the last 4 yrs. I have already highly recommend him and his staff to others.
in Encino, CA |
Dr. Taban successfully corrected my 4 levels of cervical herniations with an emergency, 7 hour, highly risky set of fusions and discectomies. He is highly skilled! With a stellar reputation! He is the "fixer" of other neurosurgeon mistakes. His staff is kind, responsive, caring and professional. I feel blessed to have found him! I give Dr. Taban my highest absolute recommendation!!
in San Fernando, CA |
Dr. Taban is a wonderful doctor. I would recommend him to family and friends. He is caring, knowledgeable, and patient. He answered all of my questions and made it very easy for me to make a decision to have surgery. The surgery went very well. I am very happy and elated to be one of his patients. Among all of the doctors I have had in the past, he is rated as number one in my book.
in Buena Park, CA |
There is no way I can ever thank you for being such an awesome doctor. You've stuck by us through the tough times. We are extremely lucky to be taken care of by you, my whole family is. I believe God sent you to our family to give us a second life. We're extremely grateful. God bless you! Howard and Kim
in Canoga Park, CA |
I am so thankful for Dr. Taban and his staff. This was not an easy decision for me to have surgery but I did. Dr. Taban is known for his professional and precise expertise as a surgeon. There are not enough words of gratitude that I have for the doctor. I feel I have many more years of productive life because of the surgery. Dr. Taban's staff make it a pleasure for me to be at my appointments.
in Santa Clarita |
I had severe pain generating from lower back down both sides down both legs. I was in constant pain. Dr. Taban told me the surgery would help. I had the surgery and am happy to say he was right. Since the surgery there hasn't been any pain where it was before. I am still recovering but my pain is much better and much more manageable. I have to thank God for Dr. Taban. I am on a good road to recovery. I shooting for 100%
in Valencia |
4 years ago my daughter couldn't walk without a walker and was in pain for 16months before we saw Dr Taban. When we meet with him he took the time to explain our options in great detail. He is compassionate kind and a genius. To see my daughter today you would have no idea she had disc replacement and spinal fusion. She's 26 now and wake boards hikes paddle boards etc. this man is my MIRACLE DOCTOR. Ellen is a doll very helful and compassionate! THANK YOU for giving my daughter her life back.
in Northridge, CA |
Dear Dr. Taban, I want to thank you for surgically removing the pain from my back and radiating pain down my right leg with your MIRACLE hands. I will also be indebted to you for the pain you relieved and removed from me. I can't thank you enough for giving my life back. Robert.
in Los Angeles, CA |
It's been a few months since my surgery and not a day goes by that I am not beyond grateful for the positive impact you have had on my life. Last year, I couldn't have imagined living pain-free. It seemed like a far-away dream. Because of my lower back and leg pain, I was not able to walk or sleep. Now, because of your incredible skill, that dream has become a reality. There are not enough words to describe how much my family and I admire you. You are and will always be in our prayers.
in Canoga Park, CA |
I am incredibly grateful to be sent to Dr. Asher Taban by my primary care doctor. I had months of back pain which traveled down my left leg and hip, making it difficult to walk and I was in pain no matter what I did; walking, sitting, standing, lying down were all painful positions. When Dr. Taban met me he was kind, patient, and informative. It's three months after surgery and I have no pain. His surgical skill enabled me to return to my active life as a theater professor and dancer.
in North Hills, CA |
I could write a lot about Dr Asher Taban and his office staff, but to sum it up quickly and efficiently, the man is a genius! I did my homework before seeing him and he got high praise from everyone. And I am right there alongside each of them. When dealing with something as delicate as back surgery, you want a genius on your side. Bottom line! Enough said!!
in Los angeles |
Taban was extremely rude, disrespectful, overall had the cruelest demeanor.I have a very debilitating condition, yet he would not consult or help me!! i will not recommend him. Also, many people have had similar experience with him I believe he needs to see a love doc
in Los Angeles, CA |
I had a serious back problem and the pain was radiating down my leg. I had to wait an hour and a half before I saw him. When I saw him he was very rude and angry and impatient. When I tried to ask him a question, he told me to sit down and be quiet; he said the surgery was very difficult and dangerous and he would not explain in any detail what the surgery involved. The nurses were not any better; they all took his side I left his office completely humiliated and in shock-and worse pain.
Have you seen Dr. Asher Taban, MD?
Are you Dr. Taban?

• Arthritis of the Spine
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Cancer
  • Brain Tumor
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari Malformation, Adult
  • Kyphosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lymphoma of the Bone
  • Meningiomas
  • Metastatic Tumors (Brain)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Epidural Block
  • Epidural Injection
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stereotactic Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

Teheran University / Faculty of Medicine
    Nyu Langone Medical Cente

Dr. Taban has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Taban does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taban and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Taban's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Taban

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Taban's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Taban

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Taban's Care Philosophy