Contact provider for availability

Dr. Arvinder Walia, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Walia

"Very professional and insightful. I have only received help and I want to improve."

Read Review

"Saw him for about 4 years. I know it's tough to find a good Psychiatrist and he's probably not the worst you could do, but I would recommend searching around a bit more. His office is nice and his office people seem pretty on top of things. He, on the other hand, is dismissive and somewhat inappropriate - not in a gross way, just in a comments-on-things-he-doesn't-know-anything-about way. His bedside manner definitely needs work. He only schedules you for 15 minutes as well, so that seems odd."

Read Review

Dr. Walia?
Dr. Walia's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Arvinder Walia, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arvinder Walia, MD?
Dr. Walia is arrogant, condescending, has ZERO empathy for his patients, does not take anything a patient says seriously (such as unexpected reactions to medications) practices “drive-by” psychiatry (you’re lucky to get 10 minutes with him, and it’s mostly him talking) and is a shameful blotch on good psychiatrists everywhere. He will also “fire” you for the tiniest things. I’d give him 0 stars if possible. Avoid at all cost.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arvinder Walia, MD?
Dr Walia is a very caring, very special doctor who will take time to work with you to help get you feeling better. I would recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arvinder Walia, MD?
No stars! Don't even go to this doctor - he doesn't listen. Your in his office for 15 minutes - tops! He writes you a prescription and out the door you are. He is just about the money and how many clients he can see within the billable hour - even though all clients are charged the entire hour (whether it be through insurance or private pay). I do have insurance and my claims show an entire hour. My last appointment, I canceled to due a family emergency, then was hit with a $100 bill and letter
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arvinder Walia, MD?
Prescribed damaging meds in unsafe dosages. I lost vision due to his negligence. When I called his office he wouldn't speak with me, only relay through his nurse to keep taking the meds anyway. Charged me an office visit for the call. He said postpartum depression wasn't a real thing and diagnosed me as bi-polar. I'm not. Nor have I ever been. He doesn't listen or even look at you while you speak. It's like he chooses a random diagnosis and meds you up with no thought put into it whatsoever
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arvinder Walia, MD?
I was his patient for 1 yr and I would not recommend him to anyone. I'm still dealing with permanent unwanted side affects from the medication he prescribed. He was judgmental, inconsiderate and took very little time in attempting to understand what would be the best, safest approach for treating me. He seemed more interested in looking at his computer than listening to his patient and wanted to continue medical treatment for another 6 months for no apparent reason.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arvinder Walia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Walia?

Dr. Arvinder Walia, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Austin, TX. He specializes in psychiatry.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Walia accepts

Dr. Walia accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Walia's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Walia's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases