Dr. Arvind Patel, MD

Dr. Arvind Patel, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Arvind Patel, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Columbus, GA and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from Mayo Hospital and specializes in psychiatry and addiction psychiatry.

700 Center St Ste 501

Columbus, GA 31901

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Patel

See how frequently Dr. Patel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bipolar Disorder
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Patel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry

Dr. Patel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Mayo Hospital
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Mayo Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1974
  • Brookdale Hospital Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Metropolitan Hospital Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Patel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends

Dr. Patel's Performance

he is great dr patel knows what he is doing woild recommend everyone spends time to talk with you about whats going on with you 5 stars for dr patel.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I lost my 22 year old son to a motorcycle accident on September 13th, 2015. I have always suffered from depression and anxiety, but when this tragedy happened, I became severely depressed and could not even function normally. Dr. Patel was recommended to me by a friend. I called and scheduled an...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He had asked me why I was there, which is really weird considering he was the one who scheduled me. He randomly prescribed me medication and didn't explain why I needed it. The waiting room is really old and dated, there are cracks in the walls and furniture. I have waited for over an hour before...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had went on vacation to help my mother in law/give her some emotion support. Her husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I drove 11 hours with 3 young kids and once I came home I discovered that I somehow lost my ADHD medication Adderall which I've been on for 4 years and. I called asking...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
They overbook every appt. The 1st one is for 9am, but he doesnt even arrive till 10am. So you sit 2-3 hrs waiting every time. The staff is totally rude, and the office is trashy. He is a good Dr. but he clearly does not invest in his office.
Are you Dr. Patel?