Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 45

Dr. Tummala

Trinergy Center for Integrative Psychiatry, New Berlin, WI

12800 W NATIONAL AVE New Berlin, WI 53151

Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in New Berlin, WI. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tummala to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD with other Psychiatry Specialists near you

Dr. Tummala's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tummala

Dr. Tummala?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (15)
  • Explained conditions well (15)
  • Listened & answered questions (15)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
I have been living with what other doctors have described as "major depressive disorder," and have tried talk therapy, RX meds, and intensive outpatient programs. These all seemed to help for a while, but never had a lasting effect. Dr. Tummala recommended dietary changes, Ayurvedic and natural supplements, lifestyle changes (meditation), and offered counseling to help me work through these changes and other life challenges. These approaches helped me find sustained relief from depression.
Milwaukee, WI – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
Dr. Tummala is an amazing doctor! She is extremely knowledgeable, caring, and an exceptional healer!
Jennifer in Germantown, WI – Sep 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
I cannot say enough good about Dr. Tummala. What led me to her felt like an emergency to me and Dr. Tummala was very gracious in setting up our first appointment quickly. At that appointment she gave me of her time beyond what was scheduled because she said, "I needed it." Dr. Tummala truly does desire to treat each person as a diverse individual. I felt she listened fully, explained in lay and "medical" terms (because that's my preference), and encouraged me greatly. Thank you Dr. Tummala
Gwen – Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
Dr Tummala is my son's Psychiatrist and he couldn't be in better hands. He lives with Schizophrenia and has improved under Dr Tummala's exceptional care. Prior to her care he felt like he was not heard or listened to and just handed a prescription. He really believes in Dr Tummala because she actually cares about his health, his future and has a vision/plan for better health for him. She treats the entire person, physiologically and emotionally. She is exceptional by all standards..
Teri K. in West Allis, WI – Feb 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
Dr. Tummala's approach to behavioral health is holistic and integrative. It is much more than the classic psychotherapy/medication model--and is supported by unbiased, up-to-date literature and studies on the conditions she treats. Dr. Tummala is warm and accessible. She responds right away to patient or family member concerns, questions, and ideas. She welcomes family support and (with the patient's permission) involvement in the treatment plan.
Milwaukee Wisconsin – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
I was excited and curious about Dr. Tummala's holistic approach to psychiatry. When she first introduced the elimination cleanse I was extremely apprehensive. I will admit this was the hardest thing I've done; but now that I'm through the 100 days and reintroduced foods, I feel better then ever. This is the longest time I've gone in ten years without a panic attack. Every appointment is a learning experience and I'm elated to be on this journey. Dr. Tummala is truly an inspiration.
Tina in Greenfield, WI – Nov 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
Dr. Tummala is not only the best mental health professional I have ever worked with, but she is the finest health care provider in general I have ever worked with. Her professionalism and passion for her practice is outstanding. I have a lot of experience with counselors and psychiatrists and the healing of I have done under her care is remarkable and truly changing my life after a plethora of false diagnoses and bad experiences that were truly damaging to my life. Very highly recommended!!
Milwaukee, WI – Oct 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
Dr. Tummala has helped me through a very difficult part of my life. I was in physical and emotional cheos, and she helped guide me through a detox which gave me both a physical, psychological, and emotional reset. I am happier and more peoductive than I have ever been. I feel very blessed to work with Dr. Tummala and I recommend her with the highest regard.
Mequon, Wi – Jul 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
So thankful that Dr. Tummala has this type of practice in the Milwaukee area. She is truly the most compassionate psychiatrist I have ever worked with and actually listens to you. She is currently assisting me in safely tapering off medication, which has been a long term goal of mine. Her extensive education in both eastern and western medicine makes her one of a kind! Feeling so great to finally be healing instead of suppressing symptoms!
Milwaukee, WI – May 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
A family member was treated by Dr. Tummala at a hospital. I was shocked by how poorly she listened, how sure she was right about everything, and her complete lack of interest in continuity of care. I had my loved one checked out ASAP and found a much more client-oriented psychiatrist at another facility. I'm glad that at least she no longer has people behind locked doors, so they can now walk away if she is rude to them. Perhaps that explains what seems to be her improved "bedside manner."
J. G. in Oconomowc, WI – Apr 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
Dr. Aruna has been a blessing to me. I loved her holistic and strategic approach in treating my problems. She has a knack to find the root cause of the issue and not just treat the symptoms. As part of the treatment I enjoyed the panchakarma treatment. It not only helped me to cleanse my body but also helped me to loose some of weight, and I vouch the weight I lost during the process has never come back. I am extremely grateful for having been able to take her guidance in getting back to life.
Milwaukee, WI – Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
Dr. Tummala sees the whole person and not just a diagnosis. She approaches treatment as a collaborative process and is excellent at her profession. I feel she is light years ahead of where medicine is heading.
Brookfield, WI – Jan 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
Over the course of 25 years I have tried almost every med there is for depression and anxiety. The side effects overall were worse than the diagnosis. I was out of conventional treatment options. I was given Dr. Tummala's name. Genetic testing proved the presence of muted genes. I was given prescribed amounts of B,D, fish oil, methyl folate, yurevedic supplements, gut and body detox treatments. I feel better each day! God sent!!
Tamara W. in Waukesha, WI – Nov 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
I met with Dr. Tummala for the first time last week. As we talked through my myriad of symptoms, she was attentive, understanding, and informative. Her approach to mental health is influenced both through her medical degree, and her belief in holistic healing. I appreciated the time she spent on this initial visit and especially that she immediately began a treatment plan, ordering several blood tests and recommending changes to my diet. I feel that I'm in good hands working with Dr. Tummala.
Mitch – Sep 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
Dr. Aruna Tummala has the perfect combination of intelligence, compassion, and experience. Combine those with her keen listening ability and Dr. Tummala is a force for your health. She uses all her knowledge and experience to get to the bottom of what the actual issues are and aims to fix them. She has put me on the path to gain back my life. There are no words to express how grateful to Dr. Tummala I am.
Nathan H in Waukesha, WI – Aug 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?
She was AMAZING in finding out what I needed help with and treating me!
Allana B in Watertown, WI – Mar 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Tummala, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tummala?

Dr Tummala practices Integrative Psychiatry (IP), a personalized, patient-centered, mind-body-spirit-environment approach. IP combines the...Read more

Dr Aruna Tummala, is a doctor, board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry; and board certified in integrative medicine (AIHM); who practices full...Read more

• Psychiatry

• Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

2002
National Institute For Mental Health and Neurosciences (Nimhans)
1999