Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD

Internal Medicine ·  Female · Age 49

Dr. Nathan

Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Kensington, MD and has been practicing for 25 years. She graduated from Seth Gs Med College University Of Bombay Bombay Maharashtra India in 1994 and specializes in internal medicine and lifestyle medicine.

Make an appointment

Dr. Nathan accepts

Dr. Nathan accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Choice Network POS
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Commercial Insurance Company
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Dr. Nathan treats your condition or procedure

A number of medical conditions are preventable, these need to be identified and addressed in a timely manner. Some are not preventable or are already established, these need to be managed closely with correct medications and proper patient education ...

• Lifestyle Medicine

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nathan

Dr. Nathan?
Dr. Nathan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD
I am an older, type-1 diabetic male who sees specialists and myriad doctors often to help me protect against healthcare mistakes and maintain the health I have. Dr. Nathan has provided me with informed, caring and wise care for several years. Simply put, her experience and concern have made my job of protecting/improving my health much easier. She makes my life healthier, and I have little doubt, longer. She is like having all my specialists rolled into one doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
I love Dr Nathan! My husband and I are both pleased with the care we get with Dr. Nathan! She is patient, kind, and listens, so we do not feel rushed thru the appointment. She makes reasonable, logical recommendations, and makes sure you understand. She tries to work along with your wishes. She makes great referrals to specialty practices and follows up with your care there. I also really like that she practices healthful living in addition to good medicine. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
I was referred to Dr Nathan by a friend, Dr Nathan is very patient, a good listener, compassionate and humble . She is always concerned about your well being, especially your diet and exercise. As a female I do other yearly exams outside of her practice that are required as she is always on top of it .Incredible friendly staff, very professional, always call to remind you of your appointment. Absolutely happy with the service rendered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
I was pretty happy with Dr. Nathan when I started with her in early 2016. So much so that my husband also chose Dr. Nathan as his PCP. However, Dr. Nathan's attention to detail has become more and more of a problem. The final straw was her office denying my husband's high blood pressure med refill because he was supposed to make a follow-up appt. in June but didn't. However, they didn't see fit to call him and tell him they'd denied it or that he needed to make this appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
Dr. Nathan takes the necessary time to discuss problems and achievable solutions. She gave me very practical dietary advice that enabled me to drop my cholesterol level dramatically, without the need for pills.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
My husband first starting seeing Dr. Nathan and convinced me to see her as well. I am SO VERY GLAD that I did. Dr. Nathan is very knowledgeable, a careful listener and asks the right questions to gain an understanding of what is going on medically. She explains what is happening medically in a way in which it is understandable. Unlike most doctors she or her assistant calls to follow- up after visits with critical issues. Finding a competent and compassionate doctor is not easy. She is both!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
The receptionist was impatient on the phone and lacked competence. As a result, I'm choosing a different doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
She is very responsive, and has actually called me back with test results before I even thought to. She also called me personally to apologize when her office was having issues with their phlebotomist. Problems can happen; a doctor who addresses them personally is outstanding as far as I'm concerned. She spends a lot of time with me during the visits, and listens to my concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nathan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Nathan treats patients.

Suburban Hospital