Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD

Dr. Nathan
Telehealth services available

Aruna Nathan MD PA

10605 Concord St Ste 302 Kensington, MD 20895

Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD is a Internal Medicine Specialist in Kensington, MD and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Seth Gs Med College University Of Bombay Bombay Maharashtra India medical school in 1994. She is affiliated with Suburban Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nathan to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Internal Medicine Specialists in your area

See similar Internal Medicine Specialists in Kensington

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Nathan accepts

Dr. Nathan accepts the following insurance:

Select
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Dr. Nathan treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Nathan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nathan

4.4

Dr. Nathan?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (17)
  • Explained conditions well (17)
  • Listened & answered questions (17)
  • Long wait times (19)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
After several years as a patient, a series of robo-calls in her voice insisting I enroll in a concierge system which I think (?) requires an annual fee in order to remain a client became more insistent (and annoying) that the changeover date was coming before they finally stopped. I WAS NEVER CONTACTED AGAIN ABOUT MY CARE OR ANYTHING... An ongoing prescription for many years that I moved to her "care" was still automatically refilled after missing the concierge changeover, so I figured I was still a patient—but it was not filled as it ran out, so I called and got HARSH "all-business" treatment from staff who showed total lack of concern for me as a patient. Days went by after they said they'd fill it once more where I had to follow up repeatedly with weak, flim-flam responses. I get the idea of streamlining business a practice. It makes sense for any business that wants to focus only on clients who are ready to purchase. But you're a doctor, right? What's this all about now anyway?
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 20, 2019
"We strive for all of our patients to have a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
My wife and I are both delighted patients who know we are receiving expert care and health guidance on everything we've asked about. Great staff, time without hurry, and expertise in healthy living and nutrition. If you live anywhere near Kensington, or even if you don't, becoming one of Dr.. Nathan's patients makes enormous sense and will help you maintain or improve your health. Great Doctor!! Paul Sleman Clark
Paul Sleman Clark – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
I love Dr Nathan! My husband and I are both pleased with the care we get with Dr. Nathan! She is patient, kind, and listens, so we do not feel rushed thru the appointment. She makes reasonable, logical recommendations, and makes sure you understand. She tries to work along with your wishes. She makes great referrals to specialty practices and follows up with your care there. I also really like that she practices healthful living in addition to good medicine. Highly recommend!
Marie Brantley in Silver Spring, MD – Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
I was referred to Dr Nathan by a friend, Dr Nathan is very patient, a good listener, compassionate and humble . She is always concerned about your well being, especially your diet and exercise. As a female I do other yearly exams outside of her practice that are required as she is always on top of it .Incredible friendly staff, very professional, always call to remind you of your appointment. Absolutely happy with the service rendered.
Dornett Shettlewood in Germantown – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
I was pretty happy with Dr. Nathan when I started with her in early 2016. So much so that my husband also chose Dr. Nathan as his PCP. However, Dr. Nathan's attention to detail has become more and more of a problem. The final straw was her office denying my husband's high blood pressure med refill because he was supposed to make a follow-up appt. in June but didn't. However, they didn't see fit to call him and tell him they'd denied it or that he needed to make this appointment.
Rockville, MD – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
Dr. Nathan takes the necessary time to discuss problems and achievable solutions. She gave me very practical dietary advice that enabled me to drop my cholesterol level dramatically, without the need for pills.
Patty in Silver Spring, MD – Jul 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
My husband first starting seeing Dr. Nathan and convinced me to see her as well. I am SO VERY GLAD that I did. Dr. Nathan is very knowledgeable, a careful listener and asks the right questions to gain an understanding of what is going on medically. She explains what is happening medically in a way in which it is understandable. Unlike most doctors she or her assistant calls to follow- up after visits with critical issues. Finding a competent and compassionate doctor is not easy. She is both!
Silver Spring, MD – Feb 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
The receptionist was impatient on the phone and lacked competence. As a result, I'm choosing a different doctor.
Bethesda, MD – Apr 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?
She is very responsive, and has actually called me back with test results before I even thought to. She also called me personally to apologize when her office was having issues with their phlebotomist. Problems can happen; a doctor who addresses them personally is outstanding as far as I'm concerned. She spends a lot of time with me during the visits, and listens to my concerns.
Sabrina in Silver Spring, MD – Dec 23, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aruna Nathan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nathan?

A number of medical conditions are preventable, these need to be identified and addressed in a timely manner. Some are not preventable or are already established, these need to be managed closely with correct medications and proper patient education ...Read more

• Lifestyle Medicine