Dr. Arun Samy, MD

Dr. Arun Samy, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Arun Samy, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Glen Ellyn, IL. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

430 Pennsylvania Ave Ste 170

Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Samy

See how frequently Dr. Samy performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chalazion
Corneal Diseases
high
Dry Eyes
high

Dr. Samy's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Visual Field Defects

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Glaucoma Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • West Suburban Hospital Med Center Of Oak Park
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • University Of Missouri School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University Of Missouri School Of Med Columb
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Samy has no media or publications listed.

• Telugu

Dr. Samy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Samy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Samy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Samy to family and friends
Dr. Samy's Performance
in LaGrange Park, Il |
Having worn glasses and contact lenses since the age of 7, I found it remarkable to see without them after my cataract surgery by Dr. Samy at the age of 68. Not only am I able to drive at night again, but I am able to also see the stars once more. The Doctor and I discussed my options thoroughly and I was well impressed with his concern and skill. I would highly recommend Dr. Same for any cataract patient.
Westmont, IL |
Excellent experience with Dr. Samy. I had cataract surgery on both eyes within two weeks and I can see again. He exlpained everything to me beforehand and did his best to put me at ease. I would recommend him to family and friends.
Naperville,IL |
Dr. Samy did my cataract surgery. It turned out during the lead up phase, Dr. Samy identified a few complications. Dr. Samy did a great job of helping me understand the issues and made me very comfortable with his suggested course of action. I am very happy with the outcome and his manner. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
in Streamwood, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Samy. He diagnosed me with cataracts in both eyes at a young age of 55 years. thought I was going blind LOL!) He walked me through the process, reassured me when needed. After my first surgery, I was blown away by what I had been missing in my eye sight... color clarity, beauty! He did a great job on both eyes and I had no complications with either eye. Thank you Dr. Samy!
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
I saw Dr. Samy in January of this year and discussed options for cataract surgery. He suggested that both eyes be treated. Because of previous non related commitments I had to schedule them at distant intervals. He was very considerate and assured me all along that things would be ok. Questions were answered with concern on his part and both surgeries were done with no problems. I appreciate his thoughtfulness in discussing the options available, ability to put me at ease and perfectionism
in Winfield, IL |
I had no preconceived ideas of what to expect when I had my first appointment with Dr. Samy I was referred to his practice by my primary physician for cataract evaluation and possible surgery. I had not heard his name mentioned among my circle of friends and acquaintances. He more than met my expectations. I will mention him to anyone I hear contemplating cataract surgery. Thank you Dr. Samy. My surgery was made easier my your caring manner.
in Villa Park |
Very thorough, professional and compassionate. I had cataract surgery on both eyes, Dr. Samy did everything I requested. I highly recommend him, he will spend the time and listen to you! Very unusual now a days! Angela Gorenc
in Carol Stream, IL |
Dr. Samy is an extremely intelligent, soft spoken, compassionate & caring person. I feel very fortunate to have had him for my cataract surgery on both my eyes. I now have clear vision which I had lacked for nearly ten years. I was very nervous about having the surgery done, but Dr. Samy, the DMG Surgical Center doctors, and the DMG staff eased my worries and made me feel safe throughout the process. I highly recommend Dr. Samy; he truly cares about you as his patient and as an individual.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
I had two cataract surgeries with Dr. Samy this summer...One in June and the other in July... Dr. Samy did an excellent job and I was totally at ease through the entire time including pre surgery and the surgical procedure. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone interested in a doctor who puts you at ease, explains everything to you before and after the surgery.
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Samy performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. Pre-surgery, he is very thorough and detailed in his examination and assessment of the condition of my eyes. He is very patient with answering questions, and explains everything so that I am able to fully understand. Post-surgery, he is just the same. He is a bit concerned about my corneas, and we have planned a further follow-up. I would highly recommend him! He is extremely skilled and compasiionate.
in HANOVER PARK ,IL |
DR SAMY REMOVED CATARACTS FROM BOTH EYES 9 MONTHS APART EVERTHING WAS GREAT HE IS TRUELY A PRO WHO SHOWS A GENUINE CONCERN FOR HIS PATIENTS I OULD RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE
in Hickory Hills Il |
Dr. Samy is fantastic. Truly caring & concerned about your situation. I had cataract surgery with Dr. Samy & it could not have gone any better. Follow up visits also we great. I highly recommend Dr. Samy.
in Plainfield, IL |
a very smart man. I already took my mother with a bad heart who is on blood thinners. and afraid to go but Dr. Samy said no problem. I had my eyes done first.the best eye guy in DuPage.
in Bartlett, IL |
Dr Samy performed surgery on both my eyes to remove cataracts. Surgery experience was a smooth and painless event that was quite pleasant. Dr Samy explained everything clearly and answered all my questions with each office visit. The staff at his three office locations were very pleasant, professional and knowledgeable. I am very happy with the my eyesight and am seeing things that I haven't seen clearly for years! I highly recommend Dr Samy for any eye related problems.
in Villa Park, IL |
With a referral to Dr. Samy I had my options evaluated about my cataracts. Choosing removal I was extremely pleased with my results and follow ups. Thank you very much!
in Riverside, il |
Dr. Samy did a great job in doing cataract surgery on both my eyes, and putting in corrective lenses. He has a great bedside manner, and now I see at 20/20. Couldn't be more happy with the outcome. Dr. Samy has great bedside manner, and takes the time to explain all that is going on. He was always on time, and would recommend him A+. From Tony M
Bloomingdale, IL |
He explaines things very clearly and answers all your questions. Very nice staff and does a thorough exam. I had cataract surgery and I experienced no pain or discomfort. I would highly recommend him.
in Naperville, IL |
Dr Samy treated and corrected my two Cataracts recently. His efforts were excellent and I cannot say enough about how well things turned out with his guidance.
in Westmont, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Samy. He performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes this year with excellent results. Thanks to him I can see without glasses!
Aurora, IL |
Very impressed with his detailed examination. Surgery to remove cataracts was painless, quick and no problems with recovery
in oswego,il |
I think he is the best-considerate, spends time as needed with patient. I am about 20 miles from him but when he moved I tracked him down as his previous location would not tell me where he was practicing now. I would recommend him 110% to anyone that he knows his stuff and is very considerate.
in Naperville, IL |
I am sorry Dr. Samy is no longer part of the group that my insurance allows me to see. He is a wonderful caring Doctor. He is very thorough in his examination and follow up. I will miss him and wish him nothing but success. I am sure his new patients will like him as much as I do. Pat Adamski
in Chicago IL |
Dr Samy is an excellent doctor and the staff was excellent as well he has done at marvelous job on changing my life I am able to see and don't have to depend on any contacts or glasses I am truly thankful.Thank you .
in Downers Grove, IL |
Had both eyes done with out missing a beat. Knew all my options going into surgery, could not be happier with the results!
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Samy performed cataract surgery on both eyes. The experience was as good as can be. Dr. Samy is honest, sincere, thorough and extremely competent. I would definitely recommend him. His staff is excellent. Only negative was long waiting times. I would suggest office advise incoming patients that his appointments are backed up and the wait time will be longer than normal. In my case I was late and inconvenienced several times and it would've helped if I knew about the wait.
Have you seen Dr. Arun Samy, MD?
Are you Dr. Samy?