Dr. Arun C. Patel, MD

Dr. Arun C. Patel, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 58 years old

We provide exceptional care and compassionate service to optimize the vision of patients with retinal disease. He provides excellent care to patients.Read more

Vitreo Retinal Medical Group Inc
3939 J St Ste 106
Sacramento, CA 95819 Get Directions

Dr. Patel's Experience

See how Dr. Patel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Patel has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Patel
Dr. Patel's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (56)
in South Lake Tahoe, CA |
Dr. Patel was very professional and always kind and considerate. He was prompt and efficient. I felt confident with him that I was getting the very best care for my vitrectomy surgery for macular hole. He answered my questions and seemed to have plenty of time for my concerns.
in Sacramento, CA |
Dr Patel treated me for a series of problems associated with my diabedes He is a caring doctor and really seems to know what the patient needs. I trust Dr Patel completely.
in Nevada City. Ca.El Dorado Hills, CA |
Compassionate, caring and skilled
in Grass Valley, CA |
Procedures: Laser treatment for retinal tear and Vitrectomy Surgery for macular pucker, retinal tear and retinal detachment. Dr. Patel is an excellent and professional doctor who's skills have provided me with 20/25 vision. I am extremely pleased with the results and feel confident in him as a Doctor.
in Citrus Heights, CA |
I consider Dr. Patel as a very confident physician. Very thoughtful of your medical conditional. I have been his patient for over four or more years. The results thus far is on a positive note. My sight os both eyes have improved.
Woodland, CA |
Dr. Patel is very competent.
in Lodi, CA |
Excellent Physician in Every Way! So Very Thankful to Dr. Patel! Five surgeries, the last one was the Vitrectomy combined with Scleral Buckle. Still going strong after 18 years!!
in Penn Valley |
I had a outpatient operation for a macular pucker in my right eye. The operation was a great success restoring loss of vision in that eye. Very professional and caring. Wholeheartedly recommend him
in Linden, CA |
Dr. Patel saved my vision after I had a total detached retina. I would highly recommend he to others.
in Stockton, CA |
He is very caring and professional. He did a Retina operation which was very successful. Its good to be able to see again
in Roseville, CA |
Very professional and intelligent.
in Sacramento, CA |
Dr. Patel is friendly, very professional,l and thorough in ordering tests, reviewing the patient's needs and explaining the status of the patent's condition. He listens to his patient's concerns. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends. I have been his patient for over four years.
in Sacramento, CA |
Dr Patel has been wonderful with my diagnosis and treatment of my Macular pucker. He listens to my concerns, is excellent in explaining things and is a very caring and competent doctor. I would recommend Dr Patel to anyone who needed his care!
in Penn Valley, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Patel's for the past several years. He operated on my eye to repair a torn retina that was detected on a routine appointment. Dr Patel immediately performed the urgent surgery the same morning that he found the torn retina. I knew then that I was in good hands! Dr Patel also performed surgery on my right eye to correct a macular pucker, which was restricting my eyesight. This extensive surgery was performed at the surgery center in Sacramento. Kudos to Dr. Patel!
in Stockton, CA |
I have seen Dr. Patel for over 25 years and he has saved my eyesight many times over. Professionally, he uses state of the art medical procedures and consistently has a gentle, caring demeanor. He personalizes each appointment with the individual patient. i have also been impressed at the proficiency and courtesy of the staff. That means a lot to the success of my whole experience. Since having diabetes from childhood, retinopathy has alway been a fear. Thankfully I feel safe with Dr. Patel.
in Rescue, CA |
A few years back I had a sudden vitreous gel collapse resulting in a torn retina. Dr. Patel performed laser surgery to repair the tear. The results were outstanding and I have 20/25 vision in that eye today. I just had my final annual follow-up with him and will not longer need to see him on an annual basis. The surgery resulted in no further actions being required and healed quite nicely. Thanks, Dr. Patel!!
in Grass Valley, CA |
Most likely during a Stroke, I inured my eye resulting in scarring over my Retina described as macular pucker. Sight in that eye weakened to the point I had trouble seeing at all. Dr. Patel's surgery reversed my problem. The day ofter surgery, Dr. Patel examined my eye and declared that my sight in the injured eye was already slight better than prior to surgery and will improve. WOW. Wonderful Surgeon and Staff. Highly professional and actually fun. THANK YOU ALL.
in Manteca, CA |
Dr. Patel is wonderful. He is clear, patient, and I trust him. Thank you, Dr. Patel!
West Sacramento, CA |
I had a retinal detachment at age 48 and Dr. Patel performed an emergency vitrectomy with great success and virtually no discomfort. Now, 18 months post surgery that eye is 20/20! Better than my non-operated eye. Very professional and personable surgeon that I highly recommend.
in Applegate, CA |
Outstanding
in Penn Valley, CA |
Outstanding Physician and outstanding care. I had a detached Retina and Dr. Patel rescheduled his patients for the next day to do my surgery the very next day. How many doctors and staff got the extra mile for that kind of care. My surgery was successful and all post op care appts have been excellent.
in Davis, CA |
Three years ago Dr. Patel performed the repair of a retinal detachment by vitrectomy on my right eye. He prepared me quite well as to what to expect during and after the procedure, with very clear instructions to follow during my recuperation to insure the best result. In a short time my vision was completely restored, and I have had no further problems. Dr. Patel's manner is warm and reassuring.
El Dorado Hills, CA |
He found a problem with my eye that another doc had missed and then treated it with surgery, always acting very professionally. My vision is great now and has healed very well.
in Orangevale, CA |
He is on time and I have a lot of confidence in him. His support staff is very good.
in Yuba City, CA |
Dr Patel has taken care of my eyes since 2004. He reattached a retina and later treated macular edema in both eyes following cataract surgery by others. His expertise and standing in field is well known and I would recommend him to anyone. Apart from his outstanding capability, he is a kind and caring person who can quickly put one at ease in what can be a fearful situation.
in Cameron Park, CA |
I would not hesitate recommending Dr Arun Petal to others. He had mentioned within a month I will go blind in my left eye by a severe retinal separation. Two days later I was in and out of surgery which is a success. Operation was November, 2015 and is healing very well, as he mentioned, as long as I take good care of it. He also mentioned that I have a cataract problem as well. So when the time comes for that operation, I would certainly have Dr. Petal remove it. Dr Petal a GREAT DOCTOR.
in Sacramento, CA |
I owe my eyesight to Dr Patel. I was unlucky enough to have had a retinal detachment in each eye, two years apart. Dr Patel performed both surgeries and each one was completely successful and problem free. He is an exceptionally skilled and experienced retinal surgeon and I highly recommend him.
in Folsom, CA |
Five years ago I had a retinal tear and was lucky to be referred to Dr. Patel. He lazered my eye and followed up with another procedure to secure retina in both eyes. He has been very personable and very professional respecting my time and concerns. I highly recommend him.
in Nevada County, CA |
I've been seeing Dr. Patel for over a year for branch vein occlusion. He and his staff are always professional , thorough and caring. I receive injections to reduce the swelling on my retina. Dr. Patel has saved my vision, and has worked to make this experience as comfortable as possible. Treatment is adjusted after looking carefully at my condition each time I go in. I have come to trust Dr Patel to help me manage this troubling condition. I highly recommend him and his staff.
in Penn Valley, CA |
Dr. Patel is a kind, gentle MD. He was reassuring and explained procedures well. He treated me for a retinal tear and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others.
in Lodi, CA |
With only 500 characters here?s the one minute review; Twelve years ago fireworks go off in eye; go to doctor, next doctor, referred to Dr. Patel caught addition retinal detachments both eyes. Surgery NOW! Buckle, laser, bubble, zap! Good care go every year. 6 years later eyesight at desk disappears; laser, bubble, zap! Dr. Come through waiting room, waves, greets patients. During exam cares about my health and well-being? Gives you full attention, saved my vision, highly recommend Dr. Patel.
Have you seen Dr. Arun C. Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?

Dr. Patel's Care Philosophy

We provide exceptional care and compassionate service to optimize the vision of patients with retinal disease.  He provides excellent care to patients.

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Patel's Board Certifications

• Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Choroidal Melanoma
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

Graduated in 1982

The Wilmer Institute, John Hopkins University
    Retina Associates Of Cleveland
    University Of Sourthern California; Retinal Fellowship

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Laser Surgery
  • Panretinal Photocoagulation
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Photocoagulation
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • TrueBeam™ Radiosurgery
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery