Dr. Arun Munjal, MD

Dr. Arun Munjal, MD

Psychiatry | Male | 59 years old

19 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

Dr. Munjal specializes in Psychiatry and practices in Smyrna, GA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Munjal? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Munjal's Experience

See how Dr. Munjal's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Munjal

Experience with Dr. Munjal
Dr. Munjal's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (18)
in Kennesaw, GA |
We started seeing Dr. Munjal because he accepted our insurance. Now we are uninsured and self paying. Either way, someone is overpaying for the "service" provided. Recently, I explained that I really COULD NOT afford to come in and pay for a medication refill appointment. Same med for years, few risks. They would only call in a refill for 2 weeks, then I *had* to come in. My family will be eating on the slim until payday, just so I could get the prescription AND pay for the pills on time. :(
in Smyrna, GA |
Everyone who has a problem with Dr. Munjal is weak honestly. Dr. Munjal is blunt and to the point, but he DOES care. And he DOES take medication into serious consideration. I was given a non-stimulant medication for my ADHD, as opposed to a stimulant, because of my history with mild bulimia. I do not purge anymore, but Dr. Munjal cares enough to take the most cautious route with me. He knows what he's doing.
Atlanta, GA |
Brought in my teenage son because he was the only psychiatrist I could find taking new adolescent patients until the fall. After 10 minutes of speaking with him, and less than that speaking with me, he decided he needed an anti-psychotic drug. My son has ADHD and impulsivity issues, he certainly doesn't need Risperidone! No compassion at all, very cold and clinical. We won't be going back.
in Fayetteville |
I see Dr Munjal in Peachtree City & the ONLY good thing I can say is,the short wait time. I am now looking for another Dr due to Dr munjals rudeness, uncaring, unethical ways of treating his patients. My husband started a new job & wouldn't have insurance until May 1. Dr Munjal was going to fill all but 1 which was a controlled med & would NOT allow me to get a script ,he said I didn't need it although I've taken it for over 5 years! He also lied in front of a medical student about me!!!
in Fayetteville, GA |
My wife is a patient and I have never seen a doctor that fits the definition of a QUACK more than this clown. When she first started seeing him, he would change her medication constantly to whatever the newest drug on the market was. Seems pretty clear that he was getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies for using his patients as guinea pigs. He has a HORRIBLE attitude and makes it very clear that he has no concern for the patients feelings or well being.
in Acworth, GA |
After 5 days of waiting to speak with Dr. Munjal about my child's situation, we were finally able to speak. I discussed my frustration and how my trust in him was lost, his response was I don't need your trust, I only need my patient's trust. I told him that that was sad because treatment programs need the support of the family to be truly successful. I can't rate the office or staff beause, Dr. Munjal provided services at a local hospital as a contractor.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Munjal treated our adolescent son at Ridgeview, in the partial hospitalization program. He prescribed medicine quickly, which is the best thing I can say about Dr. Munjal. He did not return phone calls in a timely manner, or sometimes at all. He didn't seem interested in what we had to say.
Atlanta, GA |
He would not refill my medication and i had to come in on Christmas eve even though my appointment was confirmed and i was 20 minutes early he had left, i waited an hour thinking he may be on the uint of ridgeview . I called his emergency line 4 times with no response. I had to go a week without all my medication. What i take sould never be suddenly stopped but tappered off. I had a horriblr holiday week. My emotions were out of control. Everytime i have seen him i wait.
Have you seen Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
Are you Dr. Munjal?

Compare Dr. Munjal

Dr. Munjal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Munjal has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Munjal's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Suicidal Ideation

Dayanand Medical College, Baba Farid University Of Health Sciences
    Allegheny University Hosps
    McP Hahnemann University

Dr. Munjal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Munjal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results