Psychiatry  |
Dr. Arun Munjal, MD
Dr. Arun Munjal, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Smyrna, GA. He is 59 years old.

4015 S Cobb Dr SE Ste 101

Smyrna, GA 30080

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Munjal

See how frequently Dr. Munjal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Munjal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Munjal does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Dayanand Medical College, Baba Farid University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Allegheny University Hosps
  • McP Hahnemann University

Dr. Munjal has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Munjal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Munjal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Munjal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Munjal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Munjal to family and friends
1.6
Dr. Munjal's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Peachtree City, GA |
Dr Munjal wrote an initial prescription for my daughter, then when it came time for a refill/follow up visit, Tonya in his office said they had no record of him seeing her and said she needs to see the doctor that initially saw her in the hospital. My daughter confirmed that she did see Munjal in the hospital and HE SIGNED THE PRESCRIPTION. Tonya was no help and she showed no concern that my daughter, who attempted suicide, is now out of her medication.
Kennesaw, GA |
I came to Dr. Munjal to get help for mild anxiety and depression. He immediately prescribed Resperidone, a symptom-heavy anti-psychotic.
Tallassee, AL |
Great no nonsense Dr
in Kennesaw, GA |
We started seeing Dr. Munjal because he accepted our insurance. Now we are uninsured and self paying. Either way, someone is overpaying for the "service" provided. Recently, I explained that I really COULD NOT afford to come in and pay for a medication refill appointment. Same med for years, few risks. They would only call in a refill for 2 weeks, then I *had* to come in. My family will be eating on the slim until payday, just so I could get the prescription AND pay for the pills on time. :(
in Smyrna, GA |
Everyone who has a problem with Dr. Munjal is weak honestly. Dr. Munjal is blunt and to the point, but he DOES care. And he DOES take medication into serious consideration. I was given a non-stimulant medication for my ADHD, as opposed to a stimulant, because of my history with mild bulimia. I do not purge anymore, but Dr. Munjal cares enough to take the most cautious route with me. He knows what he's doing.
Atlanta, GA |
Brought in my teenage son because he was the only psychiatrist I could find taking new adolescent patients until the fall. After 10 minutes of speaking with him, and less than that speaking with me, he decided he needed an anti-psychotic drug. My son has ADHD and impulsivity issues, he certainly doesn't need Risperidone! No compassion at all, very cold and clinical. We won't be going back.
in Fayetteville |
I see Dr Munjal in Peachtree City & the ONLY good thing I can say is,the short wait time. I am now looking for another Dr due to Dr munjals rudeness, uncaring, unethical ways of treating his patients. My husband started a new job & wouldn't have insurance until May 1. Dr Munjal was going to fill all but 1 which was a controlled med & would NOT allow me to get a script ,he said I didn't need it although I've taken it for over 5 years! He also lied in front of a medical student about me!!!
in Fayetteville, GA |
My wife is a patient and I have never seen a doctor that fits the definition of a QUACK more than this clown. When she first started seeing him, he would change her medication constantly to whatever the newest drug on the market was. Seems pretty clear that he was getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies for using his patients as guinea pigs. He has a HORRIBLE attitude and makes it very clear that he has no concern for the patients feelings or well being.
in Acworth, GA |
After 5 days of waiting to speak with Dr. Munjal about my child's situation, we were finally able to speak. I discussed my frustration and how my trust in him was lost, his response was I don't need your trust, I only need my patient's trust. I told him that that was sad because treatment programs need the support of the family to be truly successful. I can't rate the office or staff beause, Dr. Munjal provided services at a local hospital as a contractor.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Munjal treated our adolescent son at Ridgeview, in the partial hospitalization program. He prescribed medicine quickly, which is the best thing I can say about Dr. Munjal. He did not return phone calls in a timely manner, or sometimes at all. He didn't seem interested in what we had to say.
Atlanta, GA |
He would not refill my medication and i had to come in on Christmas eve even though my appointment was confirmed and i was 20 minutes early he had left, i waited an hour thinking he may be on the uint of ridgeview . I called his emergency line 4 times with no response. I had to go a week without all my medication. What i take sould never be suddenly stopped but tappered off. I had a horriblr holiday week. My emotions were out of control. Everytime i have seen him i wait.
Have you seen Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
Are you Dr. Munjal?