Dr. Arun Munjal, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Munjal

Family Behavioral Center

4015 S Cobb Dr SE Ste 101 Smyrna, GA 30080

Dr. Arun Munjal, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Smyrna, GA. He graduated from Dayanand Medical College, Baba Farid University Of Health Sciences and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Munjal accepts

Dr. Munjal accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Preferred PPO
Kaiser Permanente
Medicaid
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Munjal's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Munjal's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

2.2

Dr. Munjal?
Dr. Munjal's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Arun Munjal, MD
He is the best and his staff is great too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
He is great and so is his assistant Tonya.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
Dr Munjel is very straightforward and a good doctor. He really knows his medicine. We have been seeing him for about four years And He has helped my son through some very difficult times. He does not have a lot of “bedside manner” so some patients may not like that. You do have to go see him for refills, but that’s true with every doctor. Sometimes the wait is long, but he does give every patient the amount of time they need For the visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
Dr. Munjal is a very good doctor. Some of the complaints against him are absurd especially since I know that is just not how he or his office operates. Risperdal is good medication for anxiety and it not just for psychosis. As for Tonya, she is the absolute best. She cares deeply about Munjal's patients. He sees very sick people and some are sicker than others, thus the comments and low scores. Munjal is honest and straightforward and a true caring doctor with difficult patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
Dr Munjal wrote an initial prescription for my daughter, then when it came time for a refill/follow up visit, Tonya in his office said they had no record of him seeing her and said she needs to see the doctor that initially saw her in the hospital. My daughter confirmed that she did see Munjal in the hospital and HE SIGNED THE PRESCRIPTION. Tonya was no help and she showed no concern that my daughter, who attempted suicide, is now out of her medication.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
I came to Dr. Munjal to get help for mild anxiety and depression. He immediately prescribed Resperidone, a symptom-heavy anti-psychotic.
Great no nonsense Dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
We started seeing Dr. Munjal because he accepted our insurance. Now we are uninsured and self paying. Either way, someone is overpaying for the "service" provided. Recently, I explained that I really COULD NOT afford to come in and pay for a medication refill appointment. Same med for years, few risks. They would only call in a refill for 2 weeks, then I *had* to come in. My family will be eating on the slim until payday, just so I could get the prescription AND pay for the pills on time. :(
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
Everyone who has a problem with Dr. Munjal is weak honestly. Dr. Munjal is blunt and to the point, but he DOES care. And he DOES take medication into serious consideration. I was given a non-stimulant medication for my ADHD, as opposed to a stimulant, because of my history with mild bulimia. I do not purge anymore, but Dr. Munjal cares enough to take the most cautious route with me. He knows what he's doing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
Brought in my teenage son because he was the only psychiatrist I could find taking new adolescent patients until the fall. After 10 minutes of speaking with him, and less than that speaking with me, he decided he needed an anti-psychotic drug. My son has ADHD and impulsivity issues, he certainly doesn't need Risperidone! No compassion at all, very cold and clinical. We won't be going back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
I see Dr Munjal in Peachtree City & the ONLY good thing I can say is,the short wait time. I am now looking for another Dr due to Dr munjals rudeness, uncaring, unethical ways of treating his patients. My husband started a new job & wouldn't have insurance until May 1. Dr Munjal was going to fill all but 1 which was a controlled med & would NOT allow me to get a script ,he said I didn't need it although I've taken it for over 5 years! He also lied in front of a medical student about me!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
My wife is a patient and I have never seen a doctor that fits the definition of a QUACK more than this clown. When she first started seeing him, he would change her medication constantly to whatever the newest drug on the market was. Seems pretty clear that he was getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies for using his patients as guinea pigs. He has a HORRIBLE attitude and makes it very clear that he has no concern for the patients feelings or well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
After 5 days of waiting to speak with Dr. Munjal about my child's situation, we were finally able to speak. I discussed my frustration and how my trust in him was lost, his response was I don't need your trust, I only need my patient's trust. I told him that that was sad because treatment programs need the support of the family to be truly successful. I can't rate the office or staff beause, Dr. Munjal provided services at a local hospital as a contractor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
Dr. Munjal treated our adolescent son at Ridgeview, in the partial hospitalization program. He prescribed medicine quickly, which is the best thing I can say about Dr. Munjal. He did not return phone calls in a timely manner, or sometimes at all. He didn't seem interested in what we had to say.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?
He would not refill my medication and i had to come in on Christmas eve even though my appointment was confirmed and i was 20 minutes early he had left, i waited an hour thinking he may be on the uint of ridgeview . I called his emergency line 4 times with no response. I had to go a week without all my medication. What i take sould never be suddenly stopped but tappered off. I had a horriblr holiday week. My emotions were out of control. Everytime i have seen him i wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arun Munjal, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Munjal?