Dr. Arturo J. Bonnin, MD

Dr. Arturo J. Bonnin, MD

Allergy & Immunology | Male | 59 years old

64 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Bonnin believes in providing compassionate care to his patients while spending extra time listening and answering their questions. He wants them to understand their allergic diseases and strives to offer them the latest medical treatments.Read more

Dr. Bonnin's Experience

See how Dr. Bonnin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bonnin

Dr. Bonnin accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Bonnin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bonnin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bonnin to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Bonnin's Performance
in Dayton, OH |
Context is very important in reading any of these reviews. I had another allergist for years and still suffered greatly each spring. I switched to Dr. Bonnin and he used the latest technology to diagnose me, changed my serum and I have been symptom free ever since - several years and running! Brilliant doctor and great staff - he is highly recommended.
in Dayton, OH |
Excellent comprehensive care for my children, husband and I. On top of asthma/allergies for my son and allergies for the rest of us in control. Dr. Bonnin frequently quotes research studies to assure the best care for my children. My recent total appointment time seemed to have improved from a year ago as the computer documentation system is implemented. Also noted Dr. Bonnin and his staff assist with prescription refills and helping adjust prescriptions when needed appropriate. Highly recommend
Arcanum, Ohio |
Dr. Bonnin has care for and treated all 3 of my children for their allergy and asthma needs for over 10 years now. I could not ask for a more caring and down to earth doctor. My children are at ease when visiting the office, even when receiving their weekly allergy injections! The staff is kind and friendly which makes our appointments a pleasure.
in centerville oh |
Dr. Bonnin has been my doctor for a long time and he has taken good care of me.
in Springboro, OH |
Had a good visit with Dr. Bonnin. We discussed how the treatment has been doing and on how it can be approved. I would recommend him to anyone needing a good allergist.
Miamisburg, OH |
After nearly leaving because of an hour wait before seeing the doctor, he didn't listen to anything I said. I told them I have bad reactions to Albuterol and they insisted I take it anyway. Of course, I had a bad reaction and had to call my wife to pick me up. They ran tests and of course prescribed medications and said, "You don't have COPD but you should take this drug for COPD." What; really? Another worthless doctor ready to prescribe instead of treat.
in Centerville, Ohio |
Dr. Bonnin is personable, kind and has a very efficiently run office. I have been his patient for 6 years, and am delighted to go to his office to get my allergy shots, since his staff is so delightful! My office visits are also pleasant, as he takes time to listen to his patient's concerns and studies their history to make recommendations. I have referred many friends to this excellent practice!
in Dayton OH |
I have been a patient of Dr. Bonnin's for over 24 years. I wouldn't even consider going any place else. Staff is always courteous and friendly. He does not seem to be a hurry to rush you he listens and is very respectful.I wish other doctors and doctors offices were like his.
Springboro, OH |
We are patients of Dr Debrosse who is wonderful and have recommended hi. To several friends. When he was unavalible after one of my sons asthma attacks we agreed to see Dr Bonnin. HUGE HUGE MISTAKE!!!! He immediately decided that the cause for my sons asthma attack Must be non compliance with meds and accused us of not having prescriptions refilled. It was awful!!! This doctor has no business practicing as an asthma specialist or treating children. Shame on this doctor for placing blame on us
in Miamisburg, OH |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Bonnin to my family and friends. He took the time to listen to my symptoms/complaints and reviewed my records thoroughly so he could determine what tests were needed. He also thoroughly explained test results to me as well as my husband. He is very kind and patient.
in Sugarcreek ,Ohio |
Dr Bonnin takes great care of me. He is patient and explains my problems and their solutions to my husband and me. I feel he cares about me ,for that I am very appreciative .
in Dayton, OH |
Dr. Bonnin is my favorite doctor. He is very knowledgeable and up to date. He is prompt in seeing you for appointments. He actually takes the time to talk to you, see what is working and what is not working. He comes across as very kind and patient. His staff are friendly and have been there for many years - a sign he treats his people well too. I have nothing but praise for him. I highly recommend him.
Dayton, OH |
He was disrespectful and rude. He would not let patient finish asking any questions and insulted patient's intelligence due to the patient needing to ask a question that he would not answer. It seems that he only wanted to fill in answers on a sheet of paper. He did not seem to care about the patient and only cared about kicking the patient out as soon as possible. The staff and nurses in the office were all friendly and helpful, just the doctor was not.
Have you seen Dr. Arturo J. Bonnin, MD?
Are you Dr. Bonnin?

Compare Dr. Bonnin

Dr. Bonnin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bonnin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Allergy & Immunology
  •  Board certified in Allergy & Immunology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available
  •  Sanctions found
  •  Board actions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Dr. Bonnin has received 3 sanctions

• Disciplinary action in another state (10/28/2013)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • Summary: Bonnin, Arturo Jose MD: License # 036078366: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician has been disciplined by the State of Ohio. ACTION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation has placed the physician’s Illinois license on indefinite PROBATION to run concurrent with the Ohio probation.
    • State: Illinois
    • Pre-signing Prescriptions (10/9/2013)
    • Action Taken: Probation Modification Order
    • Summary: Bonnin, Arturo Jose MD: License # 35063692: OCTOBER 9, 2013 – PROBATION MODIFIED: The State Medical Board of Ohio has GRANTED the physician’s request to reduce required personal appearances to every six months.
    • State: Ohio
    • Pre-signing Prescriptions (9/12/2012)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)

Dr. Bonnin has 2 board actions

• Pre-signing Prescriptions (9/10/2014)
    • Action Taken: Probation Terminated (Ended)
    • Summary: Bonnin, Arturo Jose MD: License @ 35063692: SEPTEMBER 10, 2014 – PROBATION TERMINATED: The State Medical Board of Ohio has GRANTED the physician’s request to release from terms of the September 12, 2012 Consent Agreement.
    • State: Ohio
    • Pre-signing Prescriptions (10/11/2012)
    • Action Taken: Other actions
    • Summary: Bonnin, Arturo Jose MD: License # 35 063692: OCTOBER 11, 2012 – PROBATIONARY REQUEST: The State Medical Board of Ohio has GRANTED the physician’s request for approval of ethics courses and for approval of monitoring physician, as ordered in Consent Agreement dated September 12,2012. The frequency and number of charts to be reviewed by monitoring physician has been established.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bonnin's Board Certifications

• Asthma in Children
  • Asthma in Pregnancy
  • Asthma-Related Cough
  • Asthmatic Bronchitis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Bronchitis-Like Cough
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
  • Cough

Rush University Med Ctr

Completed in 1991

Georgia Institute of Technology

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Bonnin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bonnin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy & Immunology