Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD is an allergy & immunology specialist in Dayton, OH and has been practicing for 28 years. He specializes in allergy & immunology.

Dr. Bonnin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bonnin

4.3

Dr. Bonnin?
Dr. Bonnin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD
Dr. Bonnin was a miracle for me. I was diagnosed with chronic hives and until I saw Dr. Bonnin is was being treated for skin rashes and food allergies. He saw me and put a medication that to this day, from seeing him in the office two years ago, I have not had one hive attack. I would and have recommended him to friends, family and strangers if asked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
I have been under Dr. Bonnin’s care since the late 1990’s. I have improved from having frequent infections, wheezing and constant coughing, to being healthy and active. My husband recently commented that he’d never seen me have such a healthy year, since we met. By the way, we were then 16 years old and now we’re 73 years young. Dr. Bonnin and his staff have shared their knowledge, along with their genuine care for me as a unique individual. I am so grateful. Mary Lynn Bukey
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr. Bonnin has helped me control my allergies and asthma and I have and will continue to recommend him to others for treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr. Bonnin saved my life! After numerous doctors had been unable to explain a lifetime of respiratory, sinus & ear infections (including double pneumonia which kept me in the hospital for 2 weeks and left me on oxygen for 6 mos), Dr. Bonnin tested my immune system & diagnosed CVID. 7 yrs later, with immunoglobulin replacement therapy, dangerous infections are a thing of the past. Love the whole staff here - they listen, actually answer the phone, and get me in quick when needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
My daughter has seen Dr. Bonnin for her allergies for four years with nothing but success , i have been a patient for 1 year due to chronic hives of 13 years he was my last hope , i was on large amounts of daily steroid , losing hair ,my teeth were breaking , and i had gained so much weight , he prescribed xolair i have had not 1 hive since my first shot nearly A year ago , hair is growing and lost 50 pounds ... thank you for saving my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr. Bonnin has been treating me for allergies for many years and I think he is the best !! Would and have recommended him to others .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
I was seeing Dr. Bonnin for breathing difficulty I was having. Long story short- I found out I have asthma. He placed me on different inhalers,which were not working. When I went back nurmerous times for further difficulty, he told me my asthma wasn’t that bad and “it’s not like I have cancer .” Needless to say, I switched doctors and I found out I have severe eosinophilic adult onset asthma (which I now take biological shots for)and had severe nasal polyps. Would not recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr. Bonnin has the qualities that I look for in a doctor. He shows me that he is truly interested in my concerns, spends as much time as needed, has no problem sending you to another specialist for a second opinion. I am impressed with the way he goes over my chart from the first time I saw him to the present. Makes sure we are both on the same page. His staff is excellent from the receptionist to the nursing staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr Bonnin has been my doctor for quite a few years!! He has helped me more than any other allergist. he is very caring and very present when we are talking! I know he is listening.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
I enjoy my appointments with Dr. Bonnin. He takes time with each of his patients to get all the necessary information he needs to offer relief.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Excellent communication,pays real attention to patient,takes time needed..He is also really interested in solving your health issues. I also want to note that the staff is friendly,professional,helpful and knowledgeable .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr. Bonnin has been my allergist for many years. Under his care, my allergies and asthma have been and continue to be under control. Dr. Bonnin takes the time to answer all of my questions, discuss my overall health, and get to know me personally. He, or his staff, also responds quickly if I have a problem with my medication or an allergy flare-up. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Bonnin and consider him one of the areas finest allergists.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr. Bonnin is the best! Been to 5 other allergists over my lifetime. He tops all of them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Context is very important in reading any of these reviews. I had another allergist for years and still suffered greatly each spring. I switched to Dr. Bonnin and he used the latest technology to diagnose me, changed my serum and I have been symptom free ever since - several years and running! Brilliant doctor and great staff - he is highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Excellent comprehensive care for my children, husband and I. On top of asthma/allergies for my son and allergies for the rest of us in control. Dr. Bonnin frequently quotes research studies to assure the best care for my children. My recent total appointment time seemed to have improved from a year ago as the computer documentation system is implemented. Also noted Dr. Bonnin and his staff assist with prescription refills and helping adjust prescriptions when needed appropriate. Highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr. Bonnin has care for and treated all 3 of my children for their allergy and asthma needs for over 10 years now. I could not ask for a more caring and down to earth doctor. My children are at ease when visiting the office, even when receiving their weekly allergy injections! The staff is kind and friendly which makes our appointments a pleasure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr. Bonnin has been my doctor for a long time and he has taken good care of me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Had a good visit with Dr. Bonnin. We discussed how the treatment has been doing and on how it can be approved. I would recommend him to anyone needing a good allergist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
After nearly leaving because of an hour wait before seeing the doctor, he didn't listen to anything I said. I told them I have bad reactions to Albuterol and they insisted I take it anyway. Of course, I had a bad reaction and had to call my wife to pick me up. They ran tests and of course prescribed medications and said, "You don't have COPD but you should take this drug for COPD." What; really? Another worthless doctor ready to prescribe instead of treat.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arturo Bonnin, MD?
Dr. Bonnin is personable, kind and has a very efficiently run office. I have been his patient for 6 years, and am delighted to go to his office to get my allergy shots, since his staff is so delightful! My office visits are also pleasant, as he takes time to listen to his patient's concerns and studies their history to make recommendations. I have referred many friends to this excellent practice!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Bonnin?

Dr. Bonnin accepts

Dr. Bonnin accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Mutual of Omaha
WellPoint

1 board action Found
  • Pre-signing Prescriptions (9/10/2014)View details
Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Bonnin's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Asthma in Children
  • Asthma in Pregnancy
  • Asthma-Related Cough
  • Asthmatic Bronchitis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Blood Allergy Testing
  • Breath Testing
  • Bronchitis
  • Chronic Bronchitis-Like Cough
  • Chronic Pharyngitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Spirometry
  • Toxic Effect of Venom
  • X-Linked Agammaglobulinemia
  • Xolair® Therapy

Dr. Bonnin believes in providing compassionate care to his patients while spending extra time listening and answering their questions. He wants them to understand their allergic diseases and strives to offer them the latest medical treatments.

• Allergy & Immunology

1989
1986
1985
1978

• Case report presenting the diagnostic challenges in a patient with recurrent acquired angioedema, antiphospholipid antibodies and undectectable C2 levels, 2018
  • Sublingual Immunotherapy, 08/2008
  • Sarcoidosis: An Unusual Cause of Rectal Mass, 9/1993
  • Entopy: Local Allergy Paradigm, 7/2010
  • Repeated Inhalation of Nebulized Albuterol did not Induce Arrhythmias in a Patient with Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome and Asthma, 6/1993
  • Factor I Deficiency with Recurrent Aseptic Meningitis, 6/1993
  • The Association of Cigarette Smoking with Elevated Serum IgE Levels in Hispanic Puerto Rican Males, 12/1991
  • Mild Asthma, 4/25/2002
  • Successful C1 Inhibitor Short-term prophylaxix During Redo Mitral Valve Replacement in a Patient with Hereditary Angioedema, 10/2010

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bonnin treats patients.