Dr. Arthur Sands, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Dr. Arthur Sands, MD

Dr. Arthur Sands, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Fort Collins, CO. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 45 years. Dr. Sands is affiliated with Poudre Valley Hospital.

Dr. Sands' Care Philosophy

I have been a practicing MD since 1972. My practice is primarily adult medicine including adolescent care. I also have a full-time PA (Laurie Janson PA-C), a part-time PA (Cathy Robinson PA-C) and a part-time NP (Mary MacAfee NP-C). My mid- level practitioners are highly experienced and work under my direct supervision. They each have more than 10 years experience. Laurie is certified to do DOT physicals. We are one of the few medical offices that provide this expertise. You also can usually get same day appointments for acute problems.We provide excellent care. One of our major focal areas is prevention. We firmly believe in the value of preventing disease. This makes more sense than allowing disease to occur - if it does, we aggressively treat problems before they become serious or life threatening (e.g. hypertension, high cholesterol, stress, anxiety, gastric hyperacidity, etc) Good health comes from a good diet, regular exercise, a close social network and purposeful living.

Dr. Sands' Experience

See how Dr. Sands' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sands

Dr. Sands accepts 37 insurance carriers

Dr. Sands is now accepting new patients
    Sands and Associates1021 Robertson St
    Fort Collins, CO 80524
    (970) 482-0666Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sands has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sands' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sands to family and friends
    Dr. Sands Says:

See reviews in Healthgrades. Thank you for those of you who have responded.

I strongly believe that close, personal, and long-term care of patients is essential.

I also feel that patients have an important role in compliance, particularly in preventive medicine such as good health habits including exercise, weight control, and productive work.

Finally, a sense of humor and close...

Dr. Sands' Performance
    in Ft Collins, CO |
    Dr. Sands is very approachable for older patients like myself.
    in Fort Collins |
    Dr. Sands is the 'Wise Old Owl' of medicine. He listens patiently to his patients. His diagnoses are spot-on. His staff is very friendly and family oriented
    in Fort Collins, CO |
    Was very pleased with the small-office atmosphere. Laurie Janson, P.A. is my care provider. She is attentive, thorough, courteous and caring. I know that I can be seen on short notice. I have recommended her to other aging family members and friends who are looking for this type of care.
    in Ft Collins, CO |
    I'm a 7 year patient of Dr. Sands. Your appointments start on time. Being able to schedule Saturdays helps those like me who work 50 to 60 hrs a week. Dr. Cathy Robinson and Dr. Laurie Janson are good to see when Sands is not there, as well as the very professional and caring nurse. Poudre Valley Hospital works with this office as it is close-by.
    in Fort Collins |
    Compassionate, friendly and Knowledgable
    in Fort Collins, CO |
    Dr. Sands is all about health and not medicine. Great advice given on getting a brace for my knee versus surgery. He understand that overmedicine is a problem in this society and hence health and more medicine arent necessarily aligned. Great guy too.
    in Aurora, CO |
    Been my doctor for my whole life. Excellent bedside manner. I always feel like he's really listening.
    in Longmont, CO |
    He takes a personal interest in your health and keeping his patients healthy, just a down to earth great doctor and person
    Have you seen Dr. Arthur Sands, MD?
    Are you Dr. Sands?

Dr. Sands' Care Philosophy

Dr. Sands says...

I am very experienced in minor surgery. I have removed thousands of facial as well as suspicious lesions noted elsewhere and  have excised numerous basil and squamous cell skin cancers, as well as an occasional melanoma.

The key to not missing a skin cancer is excisional biopsy of any lesions that are suspicious. It is difficult to establish a diagnosis from inspection or partial  biopsy. After I excise a dangerous skin lesion like melanoma, I usually send the patient to a dermatologist for close inspection of any other lesions that might be present.

I have excised numerous lesions that I thought were malignant - and they were determined to be benign. I have also removed lesions that were borderline in appearance and on path evaluation they were determined to be malignant.

Overall, 50-60% of the time my clinical suspicions were confirmed.

Dr. Sands says...

See reviews in Healthgrades. Thank you for those of you who have responded.

Finally, a sense of humor and close relationships with family and friends is essential to good health.

A happy patient will probably be a healthy patient.

We value and listen to your feedback,the good as well as the bad.

Dr. Sands' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Sands has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sands' Board Certifications

• High Cholesterol
    • Injuries
    • Menopause
    • Pneumonia
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

University of Colorado At Denver

USAF School of Aerospace Medicine

Completed in 1973

• French
    • Italian

Dr. Sands does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sands and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine