Dr. Arthur Heller, MD

Dr. Arthur Heller, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Arthur D. Heller, MD 215 E 68th St # 8 New York, NY 10065 Get Directions

Dr. Arthur Heller, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Heller is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Lenox Hill Hospital.

Dr. Heller's Experience

See how Dr. Heller's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Heller

Dr. Heller accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Heller has admitting privileges.

Dr. Heller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Heller to family and friends
Dr. Heller's Performance
New York, NY |
I went to three doctors before finally arriving on Dr. Heller. He immediately struck out to me to be persistent, caring, and solving the true problem instead of applying bandaids. I would recommend him to my family in an instant. After only a couple of visits he had me on the right track and I could tell immense differences in my stomach problems.
in New York, NY |
I could go on and on about Dr Heller, but they limit how much you can say here so I'll keep it short. Dr Heller has been my Dr for only 2 years, but I am a nurse and having worked with many Drs, I can tell you his level of care is hard to come by these days. He is so full of knowledge, and I trust his years of experience & expertise. More than that; he genuinely listens and cares about your concerns when you come into the office. See him if you want a great Dr. I trust him with my life.
New York, NY |
Dr. Heller is a special physician with excellent diagnostic skill--He is not quick to recommend radical procedures, but is thorough by listening very attentively, asking appropriate questions, and formulating a plan. My medical symptoms were properly resolved by some changes in my diet and enough walking each day. I choose Dr. Heller by his excellent reviews and now I've become another endorser.
in New York, NY |
THERE IS NOT A FINER PHYSICIAN AND HUMAN BEING THAN DR. HELLER. DON'T HESITATE!!!!
in New York, NY |
I cannot think of a single reason I would not recommend Dr. Heller. *****He is a gifted diagnostician *****He asks a lot of questions and actually listens to your answers *****He schedules only one patient at a time so you get his undivided attention *****His fees are very reasonable and he accepts a number of insurances *****He follows up, returns calls, and has an excellent network of specialists If needed *****His office operates on time--no long waits if you wait at all
in New York, NY |
I've been seeing Dr. Heller for over a decade, and i couldn't be more pleased to have been referred to him. In addition to being my doctor, I consider Dr. Heller a friend as well, and someone who genuinely cares about my health and welfare, beyond it just being "his job". His wit and wisdom keep me laughing AND learning with every visit, and I have absolute trust in his guidance and oversight of my overall care. Dr. Heller is a rare breed, and a gift.
in Forest Hills,NY |
I went to Dr. Heller when I was first told I had Crohn's. He is the best doctor to turn to when you are told you have an IBD. He is not only very knowledgeable but he will spend time with you to answer any question. The only con I have with him is that he doesn't participate in my insurance plan. However, he was very considerate with trying to work with me and what I could afford. He also introduced me to the probiotic Florastor which has helped me immensely.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I started seeing Dr. Heller a number of years ago as my primary care doctor on the recommendation of a friend. I can't speak highly enough of him. He's an outstanding doctor - old school in the very best way. He took the time to get to know me (and my habits), and I never feel rushed when I see him. He spends the time to answer all of my questions and explains whatever needs explaining. He's a great diagnostician, and he and his staff always find a way to squeeze you in if it's an emergency.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Heller is one of the best doctors I have ever had. He is extremely knowledgeable, cares about his patients, and treats you as if you are his only patient. He communicates in an easily understandable manner and calls you promptly as soon as test results are known. I trust him implicitly.
in New York |
Dr. Heller was a fabulous doctor. I am usually a patient who has a very difficult time feeling comfortable and understood by a doctor, but Dr. Heller went above and beyond to address all of my concerns. He has great bed side manner and is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. Dr. Heller was able to synthesize a wide range of my medical history and approach my questions and concerns with clarity and focus. I also found him humorous and caring. Overall, he is a great doctor and I recommend him!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Heller is a great partner in maintaining optimal health. He listens and takes time. He is able to take the many, many elements that affect one's health and arrive at the larger picture of the whole person. He explains health information in a way that I can understand. I highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
Are you Dr. Heller?

Compare Dr. Heller

Dr. Heller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Heller has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Heller's Board Certifications

• Food Poisoning
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1978

Completed in 1979

Completed in 1981

Cornell Med Center

Completed in 1984

Completed in 1986

Dr. Heller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology
  • Nutrition

• Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures