Dr. Arthur Heller, MD

Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Heller

Arthur D. Heller, MD

215 E 68th St # 8 New York, NY 10065

Dr. Arthur Heller, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University in 1978 and specializes in gastroenterology, internal medicine, and more.

Dr. Heller accepts

Dr. Heller accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Dr. Heller?
Dr. Heller's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Arthur Heller, MD
RecentMost Helpful
excellent !!!!! I appreciate his dedication and compassion for all his patients. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR hELLER TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
I came to healthgrades to find a new Gastroenterologist and ended up finding my new Internist as well. Dr. Heller is very thorough and his office is good for urgent scheduling. He gets to the point and asks pertinent questions. He explains things well and looks at all the issues and helps you deal with them all. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Heller. He is professional, extremely CARING, BRIGHT, LISTENS, and reads records in front of you when you bring them in!! will follow up with all test results timely .. It has taken me years to find a doctor I trust, thinks and really cares. I can not say enough good things about Dr Heller. Look no further in short.! Trust me ..I have seen enough doctors and am so VERY GLAD Dr Heller is my doctor! Most doctors I see I walk out knowing less and never return
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Heller's on and off for 20 years. He is EXCELLENT and by far the best doctor I've ever had in my life. He treats patients as a whole, not just the physical person. He's very caring, understanding and I trust him completely. I would recommend him to any family member or friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
I went to three doctors before finally arriving on Dr. Heller. He immediately struck out to me to be persistent, caring, and solving the true problem instead of applying bandaids. I would recommend him to my family in an instant. After only a couple of visits he had me on the right track and I could tell immense differences in my stomach problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
I could go on and on about Dr Heller, but they limit how much you can say here so I'll keep it short. Dr Heller has been my Dr for only 2 years, but I am a nurse and having worked with many Drs, I can tell you his level of care is hard to come by these days. He is so full of knowledge, and I trust his years of experience & expertise. More than that; he genuinely listens and cares about your concerns when you come into the office. See him if you want a great Dr. I trust him with my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is a special physician with excellent diagnostic skill--He is not quick to recommend radical procedures, but is thorough by listening very attentively, asking appropriate questions, and formulating a plan. My medical symptoms were properly resolved by some changes in my diet and enough walking each day. I choose Dr. Heller by his excellent reviews and now I've become another endorser.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
THERE IS NOT A FINER PHYSICIAN AND HUMAN BEING THAN DR. HELLER. DON'T HESITATE!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
I cannot think of a single reason I would not recommend Dr. Heller. *****He is a gifted diagnostician *****He asks a lot of questions and actually listens to your answers *****He schedules only one patient at a time so you get his undivided attention *****His fees are very reasonable and he accepts a number of insurances *****He follows up, returns calls, and has an excellent network of specialists If needed *****His office operates on time--no long waits if you wait at all
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Heller for over a decade, and i couldn't be more pleased to have been referred to him. In addition to being my doctor, I consider Dr. Heller a friend as well, and someone who genuinely cares about my health and welfare, beyond it just being "his job". His wit and wisdom keep me laughing AND learning with every visit, and I have absolute trust in his guidance and oversight of my overall care. Dr. Heller is a rare breed, and a gift.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
I went to Dr. Heller when I was first told I had Crohn's. He is the best doctor to turn to when you are told you have an IBD. He is not only very knowledgeable but he will spend time with you to answer any question. The only con I have with him is that he doesn't participate in my insurance plan. However, he was very considerate with trying to work with me and what I could afford. He also introduced me to the probiotic Florastor which has helped me immensely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Heller a number of years ago as my primary care doctor on the recommendation of a friend. I can't speak highly enough of him. He's an outstanding doctor - old school in the very best way. He took the time to get to know me (and my habits), and I never feel rushed when I see him. He spends the time to answer all of my questions and explains whatever needs explaining. He's a great diagnostician, and he and his staff always find a way to squeeze you in if it's an emergency.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is one of the best doctors I have ever had. He is extremely knowledgeable, cares about his patients, and treats you as if you are his only patient. He communicates in an easily understandable manner and calls you promptly as soon as test results are known. I trust him implicitly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller was a fabulous doctor. I am usually a patient who has a very difficult time feeling comfortable and understood by a doctor, but Dr. Heller went above and beyond to address all of my concerns. He has great bed side manner and is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. Dr. Heller was able to synthesize a wide range of my medical history and approach my questions and concerns with clarity and focus. I also found him humorous and caring. Overall, he is a great doctor and I recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is a great partner in maintaining optimal health. He listens and takes time. He is able to take the many, many elements that affect one's health and arrive at the larger picture of the whole person. He explains health information in a way that I can understand. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Arthur Heller, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heller?